m401 Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
MN
I ahve lost two in the last month. I think that its something in the auto switch. One of them acts as though its going to work then shuts off almost immediatly only to start up again with a slightly harder draw.
The other one simply wont work unless you blow REALLY hard on the LED side. Then it lights up. It wont do jack when you draw from the atty side though.

sangdraax

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2010
NY
I just got my m401 yesterday, and so far I'm pretty satisfied with the vapor and throat hit I get from dipping, but the battery life seems pretty short. I plugged the first battery in yesterday at 3:30 pm, took it off the charger at 11:30 pm after it had charged for 8 hours, and started puffing away. By 3:30 am the battery was blinking at me. I was "vaping" pretty hard, I think, but that still seems like it drained pretty quick to me. I charged the second battery over night, and it was dead in about 4 hours or so too. Is this about average for the 401 batteries or am I doing something wrong?

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
I agree... four hours is a nice long time for a standard PV battery. If you are going to be out for longer than that you might want to look for a PCC or get some extra batteries. And if you are in an office or near a computer you could get a pass-through and save the batteries for when you are more mobile. I love my M401s. Good luck!

platy

Mar 23, 2010
Baltimore
hi all, i'm brand new in posts, but have been reading the forum for about a week. i was going to make a thread but i am in trial mode and can't create threads yet, just reply to them and wasn't able to find an answer in search.

if i bought an m402 from absolutelyecig in china, would i be able to buy parts from anywhere as long as it's marked m401? i'm a little confused as to whether the m401 is a style or an exacting model that everyone makes the same... i'd like to buy parts from the US (gotta get that economy bumpin), but i already ordered my starter m402 from china.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
also, i meant buy parts for m402 if they say m402. what's the compatability between the series (batts from m402 working for m401 working for m403?)

m401, m402, and m403 are different length batteries in the same product line. They all use the same atomizer and cartridges. The original designer of this line is S'Moores. There are some other manufacturers that make compatible parts (attys, batteries, and carts). Some are shady clones, but I think the EVOlution clone from intellicig is a decent product. I have no first hand experience with the EVO stuff, that opinion is just based on what I've read here. In particular the cart design for the EVO line may have some advantages over the S'Moores design (slightly larger liquid capacity with the same exterior dimensions).

LiteCigUSA.net has a pretty broad selection of original S'Moores m40x stuff. I believe AbsoluteEcig is a store front run by S'Moores from China. There are numerous other online retailers that sell m40x gear too.

Hope that helps.

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
M401, M402, and M403 all use the same atomizer and cartridges and charger and are simply model numbers associated with different length batteries. The M401 is the longest and the M403 is the shortest. The batteries also last different lengths of time before needing to be recharged. The M401 last the longest and the M403 the shortest. The only time it matters which one you have is when you use a PCC. There is a different PCC for the M401 and the M402/3. (That is just because the M401 is longer!)

Brady

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
MN
OK, now I am getting a little PO'ed here.
I just lost three more.
One of them I am OK with as its an original from Ab-cigs - it just STOPPED functioning. takes a charge but nothing on draw.
The other two not so much. Both from Shaun at LiteCig (not bashing him by ANY means) The golden edition one litterally fell apart. the terminal end came off when I went to change a cartridge and the wires pulled out.
the other is a white "traditional" with blue LED - vaping on it one minute just fine, full charge - 15 minutes off the charger - three drags into it and NOTHING. I mean NOTHING.
I have 7 batts and none of them are lasting more then 2 hours maximum.

I know that Shaun is pretty diligent about selling genuine smoore product.
I emailed smoore direct about 2 weeks ago and havent gotten a reply yet.

gggrrrrrrr

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I know that Shaun is pretty diligent about selling genuine smoore product.
I emailed smoore direct about 2 weeks ago and havent gotten a reply yet.

gggrrrrrrr

Email AEC for your issues with Smoore. You will get a much faster reply. After all, they were established to deal with english speaking customers to begin with. Your email might have reached someone who does not think too highly of your chinese LOL

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
EVO = extra virgin olive oil. Oh, well maybe not around here. Sorry, not sure what that means here Ramsey.

I have some manual stainless steel batts that have become discolored, all the way around, down from the atty and past the button. They are dark like a burnt color. They still work. Just wonder if anyone else has seen this?
Joe

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
Brady, I am now havin the exact same prob with my autos now. Two of my stainless steel autos will work only if I puff and puff. I think you jinxed me. Same source also. I am blowin around on them, even tha breathing hole, but dosn't seam to help. Less than a month old. Are yours SS?

Update, one dark manual died. Less than a month old.

I have a black auto that is 2+ months old and is workin fine.

RBS

Apr 27, 2010
Hi folks, I too have some battery trouble.

My first kit, M402(auto) from Litecigusa, lost a battery and atty at about 21 days of use. Instead of just getting replacements, found a deal on an M401(auto) kit from Ecigsupply and though I'd be ahead of the game going this way.

Well, started having trouble with one of the 401 batteries about a week ago, hard draw to get it working. Both the 401 & 402 kits are supposed to be genuine Smoore products, even though the boxes they came in don't say Smoore on them it just says E-VAPORIZER.

I got curious and decided to tear the bad battery apart, the battery was charged but it just wouldn't come on. It was a bit tough to get it apart without destroying the pieces but I got it. Pulled a couple wires loose from the switch as I was sliding the assembly out of the tube.

I didn't stop there, I had to know why the thing stopped working. The switch resides in a plastic housing pressed into the brass thread adapter. I got it worked loose and pulled it out to find a clear diaphragm like seal between the switch housing and the brass adapter with the hole in it.

I proceeded further, into the switch, it's a tiny thing and could hardly hold it to get it open. Several pieces all coated with what appeared to be an oily film.
switch-upload.jpg

I'm still not sure how the thing is supposed to work, guessing it would be vacuum, but it's so delicate of a setup I'm surprised they are only about $12 for a replacement.

I have yet to try a manual battery but I'm thinking it must be a more straight forward design and should be a bit more reliable.

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
WBS, wow, thanks so much for posting that!!!

My thinking was that sticky juice mighta goten into my batts that stopped working right. I have been messin w/ 2 autos that started not wokin right and, they are tryin to work better. I have blown, shaken, stirred, re charged, and??? I think the part that activated the power is stickin. When I hold my fingers over some of the atty holes, one of them now works ok. If I find a fix I will post it here.

Someone somewhere around here said to put some electronic cleaner inside the batt and shake it around. I have none of that stuff so have not tried it. Hey, might work???

WBS, you bring up a good question. How do Smoore products come packaged???

The last litecig batts came sealed in blue plastic film. A gold edition started kit from another source, for my sweety, came in a nice white box w/ a magnetic lid. And... it says E-Vaporizer! I think we got tha real deal WBS.
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread