Made in the USA atomizers, when oh when ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
South Florida
Anyone have a clue why there aren't any mass produced made in the USA atomizers ? We've got machine shops who make amazing devices but still in the end they need to rely on Chineses atomizers to fire them up. Will MADE IN THE USA atomizers ever become a reality ? These machine shops need to the get their priorities straight & stop making newer versions of their devices & start making atomizers !! They'll be flying out their facilities & in end will also provide jobs for struggling americans out of work. I'm sure there are a lot of laid off assembly workers who would love to put atomizers together..

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
A comment that was made to me at a vape fest was that most companies were afraid that legal liabilities might make developing the equipment to make them too cost prohibitive. In other words, making the machines to make them would be expensive. And no one wants to invest in automation that may not have a return. This is because the labor in the USA is too costly to employ people making atomizers by hand.

That is what I was told.

Last edited:

benjayman2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
Chicago, IL
Anyone have a clue why there aren't any mass produced made in the USA atomizers ? We've got machine shops who make amazing devices but still in the end they need to rely on Chineses atomizers to fire them up. Will MADE IN THE USA atomizers ever become a reality ? These machine shops need to the get their priorities straight & stop making newer versions of their devices & start making atomizers !! They'll be flying out their facilities & in end will also provide jobs for struggling americans out of work. I'm sure there are a lot of laid off assembly workers who would love to put atomizers together..

Here go make as many as you want http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...iser-nhaler-first-impression-semi-review.html :)

A comment that was made to me at a vape fest was that most companies were afraid that legal liabilities might make developing the equipment to make them too cost prohibitive. In other words, making the machines to make them would be expensive. And no one wants to invest in automation that may not have a return. This is because the labor in the USA is too costly to employ people making atomizers by hand.

That is what I was told.

That's an unfortunate but understandable reality. However, the atomizer/cartomizer is the only component upon which we depend on overseas shipments passing successfully through Customs...and right now, the FDA is stepping up on shipment seizures:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-still-detaining-holding-e-cig-shipments.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-news/152108-fda-seizing-new-shipments.html

So, how badly do we want the product? Enough to pay substantially more for it, but at least be fairly confident it will actually arrive in the mailbox? I'll gladly pay more.

I truly hope someone figures out how to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread