Madvapes Weekly Contest - October 5 through October 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Oh, and the cherry on top? Vendors will be able to market vapor products by saying things like:

"Great-tasting!"
"Can be used indoors!"
"Looks cool!"

So if you were a minor, which form of marketing would appeal to you more?

"Look cool!"
or
"Will help satisfy nicotine cravings and make it easier to wean yourself off cigarettes!"

That's right. It will actually force vendors to use marketing that is MORE appealing to youth. I'm guessing they're laying the groundwork so that they can use that argument against us later on down the road.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
I have been following all of the news updates here, thank you for posting this! This scenario was something we had been discussing before this release from FDA. On the surface it appears to mainly affects the business end but ultimately it will also have a great impact on consumers. We have a long road ahead of us with all of this so it is important to stay informed, let your voice be heard and give your full support to those in the front lines of this fight.

Thanks again @Crowedude654 for all that you do and making awareness a priority here!

standinthestars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
usually at work
I'm glad I read Crowedude's posts before reading the links to avoid any confusion and get down to the basic ideas. The FDA is really trying to 'do us in' and are making things impossible - hard to see it any other way.

Thank you for giving us this information and for your posts as well. And, of course, thank you for the contest and great prizes this week!

tick22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Vanceboro, NC
Thanks for another chance to score a nice up grade.

as always, this sounds like more BS to keep the money flowing into the coffers of Big Pharms and Tobacco. of course they will use it helps to get us off smoking cigs. The Pharms are losing money, Big tobacco wants to control Vaping as well as keep the small bit of cigs they still have and the States want the tobacco money and the vaping money.

I guess someone has to pay for all the so called social programs the Government (Feds and State) wastes money on.....

Reactions: JoanJ

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
Thank you for the links MadVapes!!

I may be the exception but I don't see much of an issue with some baseline regulation on at least juice. I am not sure that regulation needs to come in the form of government oversight but I would not mind seeing juice manufactures have a list of ingredients on the side of their bottle.

The biggest reason I DIY juice is because I have no clue what is in store bought juice. I trust my local B&M store owner, but is he really sanitizing droppers between customers? Is he using a dropper for nicotine juices and then why I purchase no nicotine juice using the same dropper? Is the same syringe being used for both PG and VG - regardless of allergies? Is he using expired flavorings?

There are a lot of unknowns mainly because he mixes the juice in the "back room" out of sight. I don't even want to think about purchasing juice online - no thank you.

Generally I believe less government the better and I think my concerns with juice have been satisfied by using my pocket book - ie; not buying when I don't know the ingredients. Unfortunately I don't suspect others see it the same way - with many people willing to vape anything anyone gives them.

For now I will remain a neutral party.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Reactions: MikeyConti

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
also following as best I can. After reading it and attempting to understand it all it makes me even more thankful that we have CASAA to represent us. I copied and pasted an important (to me) part of the article.

that companies promote their products in other ways, such as advertising them as being sexy, youthful, or glamorous or as being primarily intended for use in places where smoking is not allowed. This would have a negative effect on the public's health because it would make e-cigarettes more attractive to youth.

I hate the industry is sometimes portrayed in the above way

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
Thank you for promoting these issues. I agree with the idea that this violates the Constitution. The key phrase is "factual claims" I believe. For decades the governmental overreach has been astounding. This is just in line with the rest of it. The government believes its role is to hold our hands, correct us when we don't agree with their belief and be parents to us from cradle to death. Funny, I don't remember grade school civics classes teaching us that is the government's role:facepalm:

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I've been following the discussions on this, and the Cliff Notes Crowedude posted sums it up very well. As Judge Leon's decision seems to be in direct oppisition, it appears this will only be settled with another court case. FDA doesn't care about court costs, so they have the advantage.

Wasn't so long ago I used up the last of my freezer stored nicotine concentrate from 2010...:facepalm:...time to restock again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread