The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Madvapes Weekly Contest - October 5 through October 9

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by Crowedude654, Oct 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Crowedude654

Crowedude654 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Oh, and the cherry on top? Vendors will be able to market vapor products by saying things like:

"Great-tasting!"
    "Can be used indoors!"
    "Looks cool!"

So if you were a minor, which form of marketing would appeal to you more?

"Look cool!"
    or
    "Will help satisfy nicotine cravings and make it easier to wean yourself off cigarettes!"

That's right. It will actually force vendors to use marketing that is MORE appealing to youth. I'm guessing they're laying the groundwork so that they can use that argument against us later on down the road.

• Like Like x 11
  2. 4lph4num3r1c

4lph4num3r1c Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2015
    We lose more rights so they get more money. That, unfortunately is the way of our government. @Crowedude654 and MadVapes Thanks for the contest and the chance to win . But even more thanks for the awareness you're helping to spread. It IS appreciated!

3. YoursTruli

YoursTruli Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    I have been following all of the news updates here, thank you for posting this! This scenario was something we had been discussing before this release from FDA. On the surface it appears to mainly affects the business end but ultimately it will also have a great impact on consumers. We have a long road ahead of us with all of this so it is important to stay informed, let your voice be heard and give your full support to those in the front lines of this fight.

Thanks again @Crowedude654 for all that you do and making awareness a priority here!

4. standinthestars

standinthestars Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2014
    usually at work
    I'm glad I read Crowedude's posts before reading the links to avoid any confusion and get down to the basic ideas. The FDA is really trying to 'do us in' and are making things impossible - hard to see it any other way.

Thank you for giving us this information and for your posts as well. And, of course, thank you for the contest and great prizes this week!

5. mac63

mac63 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2014
    Thanks for the links. Took a look through the one by Dr. Michael Siegel and then the government one - just another step toward the nanny state.

Thanks for the contest!

6. whodat2112

whodat2112 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Thanks for the links.

Hopefully the government will come to their senses.............who am I kidding............they never have before.

Thanks for the contests, which consistently give AWESOME prizes!!!!

7. redrebel821

redrebel821 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2015
    Houston area
    That...is awesome....lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. thehangdude

thehangdude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Very interesting reads. Thanks for keeping us up to date, MV.

And Disrupter is a cool name for a mod.

9. Noflers

Noflers Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 2, 2014
    I hadn't heard of this until now. I definitely agree that the latter example is much better as an advertising campaign. How do their brains even work? They're completely backward.

The Disrupter was on my radar last month when I was looking for a new mod. Thanks!

10. MackBolan

MackBolan Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 8, 2014
    Ashburn, VA
    Thanks for all the information Crowedude and MadVapes for the awesome giveaway's.

11. RaceGun59

RaceGun59 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2013
    Owensboro, KY
    That was alot of the car chasing the dog. We just need to keep in contact with our elected officials. Congress can rell the FDA in if they hear a big enough out roar from the people.

Thanks Crowedude for the info and the contest.

12. tick22

tick22 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 18, 2014
    Vanceboro, NC
    Thanks for another chance to score a nice up grade.

as always, this sounds like more BS to keep the money flowing into the coffers of Big Pharms and Tobacco. of course they will use it helps to get us off smoking cigs. The Pharms are losing money, Big tobacco wants to control Vaping as well as keep the small bit of cigs they still have and the States want the tobacco money and the vaping money.

I guess someone has to pay for all the so called social programs the Government (Feds and State) wastes money on.....

• Like Like x 1
  13. bwh79

bwh79 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon
    o_O...

..,interesting read. Thanks!

14. Daddy

Daddy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 25, 2015
    Thank you for the links MadVapes!!

I may be the exception but I don't see much of an issue with some baseline regulation on at least juice. I am not sure that regulation needs to come in the form of government oversight but I would not mind seeing juice manufactures have a list of ingredients on the side of their bottle.

The biggest reason I DIY juice is because I have no clue what is in store bought juice. I trust my local B&M store owner, but is he really sanitizing droppers between customers? Is he using a dropper for nicotine juices and then why I purchase no nicotine juice using the same dropper? Is the same syringe being used for both PG and VG - regardless of allergies? Is he using expired flavorings?

There are a lot of unknowns mainly because he mixes the juice in the "back room" out of sight. I don't even want to think about purchasing juice online - no thank you.

Generally I believe less government the better and I think my concerns with juice have been satisfied by using my pocket book - ie; not buying when I don't know the ingredients. Unfortunately I don't suspect others see it the same way - with many people willing to vape anything anyone gives them.

For now I will remain a neutral party.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MikeyConti

MikeyConti VapeBro Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2014
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the extra reading! My heads already spinning from articles Im reading now for proposed laws and all the latest e-liquid taxes around me!

Thanks for the Contest! :)

16. xenxenogear

xenxenogear Full Member Verified Member

Oct 30, 2014
    Thanks for the contest. FDA is trying every which way to kill vaping :/

17. chanelvaps

chanelvaps ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    also following as best I can. After reading it and attempting to understand it all it makes me even more thankful that we have CASAA to represent us. I copied and pasted an important (to me) part of the article.

that companies promote their products in other ways, such as advertising them as being sexy, youthful, or glamorous or as being primarily intended for use in places where smoking is not allowed. This would have a negative effect on the public's health because it would make e-cigarettes more attractive to youth.

I hate the industry is sometimes portrayed in the above way

18. jmur

jmur Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2013
    Connecticut
    Thank you for promoting these issues. I agree with the idea that this violates the Constitution. The key phrase is "factual claims" I believe. For decades the governmental overreach has been astounding. This is just in line with the rest of it. The government believes its role is to hold our hands, correct us when we don't agree with their belief and be parents to us from cradle to death. Funny, I don't remember grade school civics classes teaching us that is the government's role:facepalm:

19. Stosh

Stosh Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2010
    Nevada
    I've been following the discussions on this, and the Cliff Notes Crowedude posted sums it up very well. As Judge Leon's decision seems to be in direct oppisition, it appears this will only be settled with another court case. FDA doesn't care about court costs, so they have the advantage.

Wasn't so long ago I used up the last of my freezer stored nicotine concentrate from 2010...:facepalm:...time to restock again.

• Like Like x 2
  20. bellastarr

bellastarr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2014
    USA
    Thanks for the info. Seems like they are always trying their best to find ways to do away with vaping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.