MadVapes Weekly Contest - October 13 through October 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValkyrieCT

Ultra Member
Aug 7, 2014
Ffld.CT, USA
LOL I just got these. There a little jankey but there working just fine. Oh and I have all kinds of magnifier things around when I rebuild. I think I have more magnifiers then I have tools..lol

images (10).jpg

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
There have been a slew of coil jigs lately and most come with a 510 connector hole in the side to hold an atomizer. But with the knobs and whatnot they don't sit flat. The wobble is enough that I've kept using my mod to build on. I like the standalone atomizer seat. Handy little accessory.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

dynoman2002

Sep 4, 2014
California
I solved the carry case issue! Works for me.
IMG_1299.jpg
One thing I would love to see that might not be an accessory but would be nice is an air activated mod. No springs or magnets just take a pull and the coils heat up. How sweet would that be?

Few other things i would like to see....
Needle bottles in bigger gauges.
More o-ring kits that come with fill hole o-rings and a random selection of more common sized orings.
Mod holder for the car.( i have a couple but they scratch my mods or break! I get ...... and toss them out the window) NEED soft mod holder for the car.

When i first started vaping it would have been nice to buy a coil building kit that was almost complete. Things i would like in a kit pre-made in a case...
Precision screw driver set
ceramic tweezers
small butane torch
flush cutters
ohm meter

I wish they sold kanthal sets also whole gauge kit 20-28/ 24-32 something that would save you a couple bucks when buying multiple gauges.

Just my thoughts!!!!

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
I'm amazed at how much creativity and innovation there is in this thread so far. Great stuff, guys.
Personally, the one accessory I wish had been available in vape shops when I first started rebuilding was a gooseneck magnifying lense (with an LED light you could plug into a wall or run on batteries). I spent several weeks researching them before I found the one I needed (at Office Max, of all places). The one I finally found and use every day is wonderful, but I came very close to getting the wrong one on several occasions, as not all of them tell you how powerful they are, and many of the ones available aren't powerful enough at all.
A lot of the tools and accessories we need or want when rebuilding or just cleaning stuff is hard to pin down - there are so many variations and prices and models, and not all of them are actually suited for the vaper (btw the drying rack idea from dolphin35 is AWESOME!). So it would be nice to have an accessories department in the vape store that said 'These accessories are perfect for the vaper, and at the best price we could find.' Someone mentioned a 'vaping fairy', as in 'an informed shopper' who can find the perfect stuff for you. That is something I think would catch on wildly with new vapers. Oh and someone mentioned colored rings to mark and protect tanks - they're called 'Vape Bands' and you can get them at vapeband.com.

SLane

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
North Carolina
I would love to see some kind of case that can hold your eliquid or flavors if you diy so that they stand upright with no chance of leaking and fit snugly so they don't fall over. A case that can be locked to keep children out (and other nosy people lol) and each case holds different sizes. One for 5,10 and 15ml, one for 30 or 50 ml, and one for 120 ml bottles to hold your bigger flavors or eliquid, pg, vg, and nic. Something like a briefcase but opened sideways with shelves and some kind of railing across each shelf to keep the flavors from falling out when it's opened. A briefcase type handle would also be needed to move the case around.

Last edited:

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
10/14

A bottom switch on a mech mod that only requires a half twist or less to lock and unlock it. It may seem silly, but I get so annoyed when I need to lock it and put it down, it seems to take forever!

Thanks for another contest!!

10/15

The Flip V3 only takes a quarter turn to lock or unlock!

Tess Clark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'd love to have a compact, heavy duty charging strip that would let me charge everything at once, Spinners and my MVP 2. (Maybe have the MVP-type connections on the side and the rest on the top?) As a bonus, it'd stop charging and have a LED indicator pop on after a battery is at full charge.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
I would like a pretty wooden box like my boyfriend has to hold ammo and such, and he wanted to get me one to hold my vape stuff....but I am afraid that my eliquids and diy stuff will absorb the wood smell and taste like it. So, I want to find a big pretty box that will hold all of my vape stuff :)
I also wish that I had a device to roll coils with!

Thank you for the contest Madvapes! Good luck everyone!

I want a self feeding dripper, something like the 3D but one that actually works and doesn't leak like crazy. I guess a reo box would be great too as long as I can sub ohm down to .1-.15
Have you looked at the Big Dripper?
EDIT: Not meant to be an entry as ive already posted my contest entry post.

Last edited:

RaceGun59

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Owensboro, KY
NOt a entry
I would like a pretty wooden box like my boyfriend has to hold ammo and such, and he wanted to get me one to hold my vape stuff....but I am afraid that my eliquids and diy stuff will absorb the wood smell and taste like it. So, I want to find a big pretty box that will hold all of my vape stuff :)
I also wish that I had a device to roll coils with!

Thank you for the contest Madvapes! Good luck everyone!

Unless you are going to leave the tops off your juices or flavorings they shouldn't absorb the scent of the wood. A cigar humidor would work. You can get them in the size you need or that your budget can afford. They are made not to impart flavors into cigars so they won't hurt your juices. Stay away from most cedar boxes unless it was made for cigars. Cedar used for cigar boxes is not the same type of cedar that you see the triket boxes made of.
JoAnn's fabric has a jump ring maker mandrel that is perfect for making coils. You still have to wrap the wire, but with the shoulders as it changes from one size to the other is makes wrapping easier.

Good luck everyone.

PS. Check out the sewing boxes on JoAnn's site too for holding vape stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread