The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Madvapes Weekly Contest - October 5 through October 9

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by Crowedude654, Oct 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. loxmythe

loxmythe Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2010
    pa
    Thanks for the info. What a waste of time and taxpayers $$

2. Prism

Prism PIF MODERATOR Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 4, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Done: Very interesting.........................

3. vap3d70

vap3d70 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    hudson valley ny

I agree as well with the idea of companies listing their ingredients and would find it more comforting for regulations/inspections on the mixing labs cleanliness. With those two things in place, the government has no other business in regulating producers or consumers of vaping products. If we as consumers know what the product contains and the conditions in which it was produced, the burden of choosing what to do with that product falls on us consumers as it should, not group of people receiving funding from big pharma on top of their salaries!

It is just a shame that one of the most helpful products to ever be created has to be at the root of so much drama... /rant

• Like Like x 1
  4. liblue1

liblue1 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Done......Thanks for the info....I will keep it and use it in my talks about this.....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Daddy

Daddy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 25, 2015
    I agree and to be honest I am really torn on this. I strongly believe in less government the better. I strongly believe it is no ones business what you put in to your body. I strongly believe in personal freedoms.

But.......?

There SHOULD BE an ingredient list and a baseline for handling and mixing juices, in my opinion. I think I would rather see it handled like the food industry rather than the tobacco industry.

Going against my strong personal beliefs is a difficult thing to do and as such I shamefully remain neutral this go around.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JoanJ

JoanJ ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2014
    WV
    There need to be some regulations such as warnings for poison and child proof caps and whether they contain diacetyls or butric acid but really don't like some of what I read and the implications. It really looks like they are trying to create loopholes for stricter legislation in the future... it is like they want it to appear this is being marketed to children so they can step in later and really crack down on both gear and ejuice at once. I am sure everyone is jockeying now for their piece of the money pie and that really has me a bit sick at my stomach... greedy buggers that they are!

On another note.........Crowedude... hope you are going to the VapeCon East in Richmond this weekend... would love to meet ya!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bikenstein

Bikenstein Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2014
    The Lab
    More confusion to help support regulation. My MIL saw something on TV that has her convinced all ejuice is made with snake venom, so she quit vaping. :) The good thing is she didn't go back to her 70 plus year smoking habit. Thanks for the contest and keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SLane

SLane Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2012
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the links!

I think what bothers me the most, is the effect any regulations will prevent people from finding and/or trying vaping in the future. Or the ones that aren't on a forum and don't realize what could possibly happen. Those people won't be informed or understand the benefits of vaping.

9. mekakeisei

mekakeisei Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2011
    Warwick, RI
    Not really sure what to say about all this. I just don't understand, with everything else going on, why theres always someone to try and be a party pooper when it comes to stuff that's not hurting anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  10. nanusic

nanusic Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2014
    Myrtle Beach
    Thank you for posting this. Vaping has saved my life in so many ways! Ignorance still prevails!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ladybear

Ladybear Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2015
    Pa
    Thanks for the contest and the links. I read through everything and still cant see how they can claim this as a tobacco product.....with no tobacco anywhere. I believe I read somewhere where one of the cigarette companies is actually making ecigs with tobacco but its not available in the states yet...They will get their hands in the pot with their heat sticks or whatever they call them and then what is the FDA going to do when and if they are sold in the states?

• Like Like x 1
  12. morri

morri ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 21, 2012
    Texas
    It seems to me that no matter how wonderful a thing is..... there are always people saying it is brought to you via satan or something.
    People are basically not too smart, at least the lemmings. God bless the lemmings, every one. ugh

• Like Like x 1
  13. wvducklady

wvducklady Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2013
    US
    I have been keeping up with everything lately, and it is so frustrating at times. It bothers me that their greed overcomes the positive qualities of vaping. I wish that it was not that way....but they will always choose money other better health I am afraid.....I think it all comes down to their money and greed....small minded people.

• Like Like x 1
  14. darktranq

darktranq Full Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Minnesota
    Thanks for the links and the contest!

15. Cam775

Cam775 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2014
    Nevada
    Thanks for the contest!

I've read the links and forwarded SmokeyJoe's survey link to my local stores via FB, a couple have gotten back to me saying they've completed the survey or will do.

Seeing our Government go around a Judicial decision in this way makes me so angry. It's not the first time and sadly, I doubt it'll be the last but still...it's just not right. We have a system of checks and balances for a reason, there's no valid excuse for skirting around what's already been decided.

16. Kurt0402

Kurt0402 Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Australia
    thanks for the chance, had a read through your links. in australia our situation is worse, cant buy nicotine liquid or any juices with it in, and by law you are supposed to have doctors permission to be able to import and use it but i dont think they really enforce that, its ridiculous and i think australia is a long way off having vape stores around the place. to give you some idea, i have only one friend who knew what i was vaping with was called a mod, and even knew what it was, most people have absolutely no idea about any ecig info at all, and that one person who knew, was from america haha
    i think one of the main problems is the miscommunication about vaping and the fearmongering that is out there. i see articles always on facebook about how vaping IS worse than cigarettes and how we should avoid it at all costs
    im well aware that certain flavourings and ingredients contain some undesirable chemicals, but if your going to get into vaping you should be doing some research and know what flavourings to avoid and know what flavourings u will use or that your ejuice supplier uses, BEFORE you start vaping, oherwise yes it can be very dangerous. but i think people are getting the wrong message about vaping and its dangers, which is a shame because if we could get more people the right info and get them off the stinkies and on to a PV we would be doing something for the health of the people
    i think one reason there hasnt been a whole lot of support and research into it by governement is because of how much money they make from cigarettes, but thats another topic all together.
    ill end my rant here but i could go on for hours
    happy vaping everyone and thanks again :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Daddy

Daddy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 25, 2015
    I think one of the problems is there is no universal idea on what is safe and what is not safe. Some people do not see a problem with using oil based flavorings or flavorings with diacetyl in them for example. Other people do. Some people have allergic reactions to both VG and PG. While I agree that if you are going to vape you should do your own due diligence the fact is that there are many opinions out there regarding safety and because of that I would not mind some neutral party studies done.

18. Kurt0402

Kurt0402 Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Australia
    yeah thats what i was i was starting to get to towards the end of my comment, it would be great to see some proper extensive unbiased research done

• Like Like x 1
  19. Crowedude654

Crowedude654 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks everyone! The contest will be ending at 12pm EDT today, so be sure to get those final posts in!

• Like Like x 4
  20. 4lph4num3r1c

4lph4num3r1c Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2015
    Thanks to you and MadVapes for this contest. Good luck everyone else!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.