MadVapes Weekly Contest - October 13 through October 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
It's Monday, and that means a new madvapes giveaway! This week's contest will end on Thursday, October 16! This week, the prize is:

1 x Smok Silenus Mod
1 x Smok Acro tank Kit (Comes with 3 coil heads, total)
2 x 18650 Batteries
1 x Charger
1 x Rigid Mod Case
60mL of your favorite e-liquid!

To be eligible to win this week, please answer the following question:

What vaping accessory would you like to have and/or see made available? Lately, there's been a surge of coil jigs and ceramic tweezers. What else would you think would be useful while vaping in everyday life? This can be something that already exists, or something that's your original idea.

Thanks everyone, and GOOD LUCK!!

tick22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Vanceboro, NC
Heck, possible number 1.

really, I have most everything I need for building, but I find I have not seen much of in most shops are little things, you can get elsewhere like. I run approx 5 to 8 various tanks and clearos a day, plus drippers/atty. I need Little labels for marking your tanks flavor that adds to the design, not block it. Removable but stays on during normal use. A atty or dripper stand also would be nice. I see the high dollars vape stands but want a dripper/atty only one. Both these can be bought any where or made from stuff you have at home, but a nice looking, maybe even custom one may sell in shops.

Really for me now is storage and making my vape area, better organized or looking better is where I am at.

standinthestars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
usually at work
I am not sure that this is an accessory, but I would love to see a retro-fitted coil head to improve the rebuilding and vaping experience of the protank2 and mini protank2.

I have a bunch of these protanks that I use and to this day I still buy new 5 packs of kanger heads because I suck so much at rebuilding them. I know that a lot of people seem to have no problems rebuilding the kanger heads, but all of my attempts seem to leak, gurgle and give really bad dry hits. With all of the great new RBAs on the market, the technology for rebuilding must have come a long way. I don't see why that know-how couldn't be put into a retro-fitted head that fits into the protanks, which is rebuildable friendly and maybe even improving the vape as well.

Thanks for this week's contest! Good luck to everybody :)

RaceGun59

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Owensboro, KY
What vaping accessory would you like to have and/or see made available?

Clear acrylic rings in different diameters and thicknesses that you can slip on a tube style APV to protect the fire button. They made metal ones for the ego batteries that slide down over the ego thread portion of the battery and was held in place when you screwed the clearmizer on.

remark

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
West Palm Beach, FL
A small tube that you could blow your vapor into and it would absorb it (somehow) would be a pretty cool accessory.

Even when I stealth vape I often make more visible vapor than I would like. Also depending on the air currents or ventilation, the vapor can really linger in some rooms when you don't want it to.

TYTY Crowedude654

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
I think some sort of coil-building stand might be helpful. I haven't started building my own coils yet, but all the videos show people using drill bits and such. It seems to me that something that was heavy enough to stand on its own that you can make your wraps on while holding one end of the wire could be helpful. Perhaps even make it tolerant of blow-torching and whatnot....

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I always had horrible luck with SS Mesh in my RBA. I kept getting shorts that would pop the top wrap of the coil. It could have been that the Positive Post in an AGA-T2 is not stationary, because even if I got a coil to work, minor movements of the tank would make a short or hot spot, and while working it out, the top wrap would pop.

I found a product called XS-18, which is a hollow silica sleeving or tubing, where -18 stands for 1/8" diameter. It was available is three sizes at the place I used to be able to get it.

XS-116 = 1/16"
XS-18 = 1/8"
XS-316 = 3/16"

XS-18 is similar to Ekowool, but the walls are thinner. It is made for high-heat insulation of industrial wiring, and insulation of bare wires.

There is also XC-18, which is a ceramic tubing, and comes in various sizes (but I didn't know about XC products then).

I used XS-18 because it fit easily over a 3/32" (~2.5mm) SS Mesh Wick, which is what an unmodified AGA-T2 needs. I used a tapered dental tool to spread it open like a Chinese finger trap by pushing on it, then slipped it over the coil section of the SS Mesh Wick. I left a little flared out on the deck, trapped it with the dental tool (or a small flat blade screwdriver), and pulled up on the XS-18 to close it tight on the wick. I cut the XS-18 at about 1/4" above the wick, then wrapped the coil, terminated it on the plus post, pulled the Kanthal back to the XS-18 above the coil and mesh, and wrapped it around the top to close the XS-18. This stopped the majority of Spitting, plus held some juice above the coil. The flared XS-18 at the deck, below the coil, absorbed any excess juice down there right into the coil.

By using XS-18, I didn't have to worry about shorts, so I no longer had to Torch the SS Mesh for Oxidation. I cleaned the Mesh first with PGA (Everclear) and an Acid Brush with the bristles cut short so I could scrub it. Then dried it and rolled it.

When the makers of XS and XC products learned that it was being used for vaping, they stopped selling it to e-cig vendors, so I couldn't get it anymore. There is one vendor selling it by another name, but not in the size I need, so I had to find another option.

I found Aluminum Oxide (AO) Ceramic Wicks and loved them, but I had to get a modified AGA-T2 with a 1/8" wick hole, because AO Wicks are pretty fragile, and making them smaller than 1/8" was too difficult for the people here on ECF who were doing it. I was able to get 5 or 6, which lasted a very long time, but when I wanted more, I couldn't find them, so I moved to wicking the AGA-T2s with cotton, using a procedure that was shared with me.

So, to answer the question in this contest, there are 3 things I'd like to see available. XS tubing in various sizes, XC tubing in various sizes, and/or Quality AO Wicks in various sizes (I need 1/8").

Thanks for the contest, MadVapes and Crowedude. :)

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA

I have recently purchased two Kayfuns and though I am not sure about this, I believe that the "chimney" portion is what makes the flavor so much more pronounced. My idea would be a "chimney" for other tanks like the Protank, so that coil building would not be necessary. Simply replace the coil as you do now, but get the better flavor that a rebuildable provides.

Hope that makes sense:)

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
I would like to see a portable mod stand that closes up, has a handle, and keeps mods upright so you can take several loaded up mods with you easily, and not have them leak.

Ideally you could just set it on a table or somewhere, open it up, and select your mods as you want to use them. It would hold around three mods, and maybe a couple of small bottles of juice.

traderljp

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2013
South Florida

I would like to have a battery organizer that has a charging station, a spot to measure the charge and ample storage for different kinds of batteries. Right now I have a nitecore 4 bay charger and batteries all over my house...and need some order to this mess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread