MAP tank mania ! please give bruce a break

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiKiD

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2011
far
I just got an e-mail saying that the 3.2 ohm maptank is in stock.. I click on the one time link and is says it is not available?? Whats going on here??

That means someone got to it first. When I went there, there was still one available, but I only needed the replacements because someone scarfed them up last time so I left it and only ordered 2 replacement E2's. By the time I finished checking out (which was probably a nanosecond, as fast as I grabbed them up) it was gone. So someone was really waiting for that tank like I was for the replacements.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
The 2.4 ohm was in stock but the 3.2's were gone... I need the 3.2 because I am vapin' at 6 volts.. I'd rip up that 2.4 in no time.. I don't have time to sit here and wait for e-mails for them to be in stock...I'll get my hands on one sooner or later....

So pick up a 2.4 and put new guts in it. That way you won't have to wait.

VAPlN'

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2011
Iowa
The 2.4 ohm was in stock but the 3.2's were gone... I need the 3.2 because I am vapin' at 6 volts.. I'd rip up that 2.4 in no time.. I don't have time to sit here and wait for e-mails for them to be in stock...I'll get my hands on one sooner or later....

Hey bow. First time I'm bumped into you here. Usually see you on the PS forum. I don't want to post a link on COV's board. MAP's tanks are pretty popular right now. They sold out almost instantly again. I think a lot of people are stocking up on several of them. Not sure why anyone would want more than one or two tops though. Unless, you have two mouths to vape from. They're too expensive to try to have one for every flavor in your arsenal aren't they? I'm just running the same BE112 SR's that I used with my V3.1 on this Darwin and I can't find any fault with life - just - like - this.

Good luck with the MAPs. You might mosey over to COV and click the notify me button. I think it resets each time it notifies you. Though, if you don't have your inbox in front of you when they come up on the site, you'll never be able to get one. Why not put on one of the BE112's and wait for the rush to end?

BWG707

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2011
CA
How in the world can anyone get a ****** Map Tank! I signed up to be notified, I was then notified, immediately I went to the website but no, I couldn't order one, "unavailable". I emailed COV right away and still have not heard a word back from them. I'm sorry but your system needs to be revamped. I'm sure that there is a fair way to distribute these tanks effectively to your customers. I don't know maybe a "waiting list". Something has got to give. Now we hear about 400 of them going to Vapefest, now that is just a big tease. This is a very upsetting situation. You are ingenious enough to engineer these devices why not put some thought into distributing them fairly to your customers? You need to put yourselves in your customers shoes. Also there definitely should be a limit per customer in times of high demand.

Last edited:

Cee_Jay

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
Rochester NY
A 'waiting list' for these would be like the ProVari - 3+ weeks. And, like the Provari, absolutely worth waiting for. Personally I like Bruce's way - first-come first-served when posted, and yes they do sell out quickly. Eventually the supply will level with time.
If you just can't wait, there are several threads on how to make a similar one. It is not the supplier's fault for making a product that has such demand - It's just that good !!!
Do not forget that the lack of tanks is due to the fact that RS was not shipping CE-2's for an extended period of time. That situation was not the fault of our suppliers either.

Caddyman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Delaware USA
chaseweb.biz
How in the world can anyone get a ****** Map Tank! I signed up to be notified, I was then notified, immediately I went to the website but no, I couldn't order one, "unavailable". I emailed COV right away and still have not heard a word back from them. I'm sorry but your system needs to be revamped. I'm sure that there is a fair way to distribute these tanks effectively to your customers. I don't know maybe a "waiting list". Something has got to give. Now we hear about 400 of them going to Vapefest, now that is just a big tease. This is a very upsetting situation. You are ingenious enough to engineer these devices why not put some thought into distributing them fairly to your customers? You need to put yourselves in your customers shoes. Also there definitely should be a limit per customer in times of high demand.

There is a notify me button that sends a email to you when stock is added and it does work.

There is a limit of 1-2 per order as well. I think the 3.2's you can buy 2 at a time, the rest are 1 per order.

150-200 came back from VapeFest in Philly. They sold in about a hour. that means at least 100 people got the notify email, logged in, and bought them.

Demand is high and MAP is only 1 man, he is trying his best to meet demand but it is not easy.

BWG707

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2011
CA
I gotta laugh. Did you even read my post before you quoted it in your posting? In the very first sentence I wrote "I signed up to be notified then I was notified...". Also as far as I know there is no limit on how many you can purchase at a time, unless this is new. Anyway I'm using different sources now. I just felt like voiceing my opinion about something that didn't seem to be working very well, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread