Massachusetts banned e-cigs entirely... smh

Status
Not open for further replies.

chargingcharlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2014
MA
It's ALL about black market drug carts. Nothing to do with vaping nicotine e-juice.

Rate of smoking in Mass is going to skyrocket because Baker either didn't do his due diligence or knowingly jumped on an opportunity to ban a safer alternative to his big tobacco & big pharma sponsors. #MSABLOODMONEY

The mass hysteria is about black market THC carts. This is a political move that is using that mass hysteria to push another agenda.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Although a dangerous precedent this will never be successfully enforced. It may be a good thing because it will probably end out in the courts. The Vape industry will not allow this to stand for long.

I would say that a formally declared Health Emergency by a Governor would be a fairly high hurdle to jump, immediate Court wise, anyway .. like I said earlier, a 4 month shut down on a Vape Shop is likely the Kiss of Death ..

In addition, the Industry is so splintered right now with issues, there would need to be a huge pile of money to even attempt to cover all bases ..

I can't believe the Gov is sending out the 5 / 0 to shut these folks down and/or confiscate their stock ..

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I guess he hasn't heard this statistic. Seems that a ban on tobacco cigarettes would be in order.

More than 1,300 people die each day in the United States because of smoking and secondhand smoke—that is nearly one person every
They don't care about statistics or the truth. This is their chance to use the manufactured public hysteria to their advantage. If anyone thinks that "the truth" will convince them is delus......wrong. They know it already.
They want their taxes & #msabloodmoney

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I pretty sure that an "Emergency Action" supplants this portion of Massachusetts Law...

SECTION 67. Section 2 of said chapter 30A, as so appearing, is hereby amended by inserting after the third paragraph the following 2 paragraphs:-

The notice shall also include a small business impact statement considering the impact of the proposed regulation on small business with the state secretary. Notwithstanding the provisions of section 6, the state secretary shall include the statement of small business consideration on the electronic website of the state secretary; provided, however, that the full text of the small business impact statement may be inspected and copied in the office of the state secretary during business hours.

That small business impact statement shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) an estimate of the number of small businesses subject to the proposed regulation;
(2) projected reporting, recordkeeping and other administrative costs required for compliance with the proposed regulation;
(3) the appropriateness of performance standards versus design standards;
(4) an identification of regulations of the promulgating agency, or of another agency or department of the commonwealth, which may duplicate or conflict with the proposed regulation; and
(5) an analysis of whether the proposed regulation is likely to deter or encourage the formation of new businesses in the commonwealth;

SECTION 68. Section 3 of said chapter 30A, as so appearing, is hereby amended by inserting after the third paragraph the following 2 paragraphs:-

The notice shall also include a small business impact statement considering the impact of the proposed action on small businesses with the state secretary.

Not withstanding the provisions of section 6, the state secretary shall include the small business impact statement on the electronic website of the state secretary; provided, however, that the full text of the small business impact statement may be inspected and copied in the office of the state secretary during business hours.

That small business impact statement shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) an estimate of the number of small businesses subject to the proposed regulation;
(2) projected reporting, recordkeeping and other administrative costs required for compliance with the proposed regulation;
(3) the appropriateness of performance standards versus design standards;
(4) an identification of regulations of the promulgating agency, or of another agency or department of the commonwealth, which may duplicate or conflict with the proposed regulation; and
(5) an analysis of whether the proposed regulation is likely to deter or encourage the formation of new businesses in the commonwealth;

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/SessionLaws/Acts/2010/Chapter240

But I would Still Like the Governor to Publicly State just what Impact to Small Businesses will be.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Pretty sure MA was one of the idiot states that wagered future bonds against earnings from the '90 tobacco settlement. So, we'll keep the smokers smoking and then figure out how to cover the certain medical expense after the BT money comes in to cover tue ponzi scheme we created.

Thank heaven I live in a red state with legislators who believe in industry/labor earnings!

I am dumbstruck by the propaganda that's been generated. Gonna go buy more ammo now. The doodoo is hitting the fan.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I pretty sure that an "Emergency Action" supplants this portion of Massachusetts Law...
Yep. That's one reason why they're doing it as a "temporary emergency". They know darn well that this will kill off the dedicated vape shops, who would otherwise put up a heck of a fight against the normal regulatory or legislative process.

The only thing I can't quite grok is: Why bother with this at all when the FDA is going to take care of business for them come next May?

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
Although a dangerous precedent this will never be successfully enforced. It may be a good thing because it will probably end out in the courts. The Vape industry will not allow this to stand for long.

I’m glad I live only 3 miles from the nearest New Hampshire Vape store

The Rhode Island governor just announced its on her desk and she plans to sign it tomorrow.
This will spread through the New England states.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
@classwife

Classy, I don't want to make more work for ya, but are we gonna have a thread for each state as it comes up? 'Cuz we'll have 50 of em soon. :(

No offense to the OP either. But given this cascade, maybe it's time to consolidate. I mean, misery loves company, so let's not disperse too much! ;)

What do others think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread