Status
Not open for further replies.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
Exactly right, Rave. Low BP. My BP is kept lower than normal to begin with (heart). The extra dose of lisinopril was just too much.

In defense of my cardiologist, I am a complicated human, physiologically speaking. I have an allergy to soy. If I am exposed to soy all kinds of things happen. One of those things is elevated BP. He may have seen that on my office visit. I wish he would have asked me about it. It's on my chart about soy. Oh well.

Yours did not sound like a very good experience. I guess it's good you were at work at the time.

Yes it was. At work, I was only 5 minutes from the nearest hospital. At home, it's more 45 minutes.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
I think it depends on how you define "fiddle". Filling these up with the syringe is no big deal, and then you don't have to do it again until it is empty. A cartomizer, on the other hand, is a huge PITA to me.....constantly having to drip in more juice, constantly checking to make sure it isn't dry......not to mention the yucky taste of polyfill (at least to my taste buds). The clearer taste is totally worth it to me, and the "fiddle" seems much less.

I think it totally depends on how you define fiddle, as you stated. The mere mention of a syringe to fill and some run in fear or disgust while some, including me, already have them laying around for other purposes. (Legal purposes) I have a system for using cartos and 78mm batteries that takes about 15 minutes a day more or less and is as much a part of my routiine as shaving or brushing my teeth. I spent more time than that fiddling with buying, packing and opening packs of cigarettes and lighting up and never bother to top off or check cartos during the day. When performance drops off on a carto, usually after a week or so, it doesn't come home with me. Everything fits in a slim hard shell case and I haven't run out of anything yet. As far as convenience goes tossing a carto that cost a buck and change without bothering to clean it doesn't warrant a second thought. Paying $2.40 for one I'm going to try to clean and dry burn and get the most mileage I can out of it. That's where the fiddle factor comes in for me. Some say carrying a bottle of juice and a syringe around with them all day is a pita. I think that's unnecessary as you can fill several and carry them in a case. The flavor is much better on fillerless for most juices but I don't find bottom coil filler cartos objectional at all for tobacco flavors which is what I vape most of the day when I'm out. In the evening when I vape other flavors and have time to "fiddle" I want all I can get. I've aquired a lot of stuff in the last year and every piece of it has a place and purpose in my life. The Vision and the Phoenix are the first clearos I've found to work as advertised and the best thing since the tank system for the Ego. A lot of people had trouble with those but after the learning curve mine worked great, with some fiddling. I did forget one. The Vision and Phoenix are not first. The Elite 808 clear carto performs as it's supposed to but they cost even more and I've never had much luck cleaning them. Great flavor and production but not much on longevity with the juices I use them for.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
I think it totally depends on how you define fiddle, as you stated. The mere mention of a syringe to fill and some run in fear or disgust while some, including me, already have them laying around for other purposes. (Legal purposes) I have a system for using cartos and 78mm batteries that takes about 15 minutes a day more or less and is as much a part of my routiine as shaving or brushing my teeth. I spent more time than that fiddling with buying, packing and opening packs of cigarettes and lighting up and never bother to top off or check cartos during the day. When performance drops off on a carto, usually after a week or so, it doesn't come home with me. Everything fits in a slim hard shell case and I haven't run out of anything yet. As far as convenience goes tossing a carto that cost a buck and change without bothering to clean it doesn't warrant a second thought. Paying $2.40 for one I'm going to try to clean and dry burn and get the most mileage I can out of it. That's where the fiddle factor comes in for me. Some say carrying a bottle of juice and a syringe around with them all day is a pita. I think that's unnecessary as you can fill several and carry them in a case. The flavor is much better on fillerless for most juices but I don't find bottom coil filler cartos objectional at all for tobacco flavors which is what I vape most of the day when I'm out. In the evening when I vape other flavors and have time to "fiddle" I want all I can get. I've aquired a lot of stuff in the last year and every piece of it has a place and purpose in my life. The Vision and the Phoenix are the first clearos I've found to work as advertised and the best thing since the tank system for the Ego. A lot of people had trouble with those but after the learning curve mine worked great, with some fiddling. I did forget one. The Vision and Phoenix are not first. The Elite 808 clear carto performs as it's supposed to but they cost even more and I've never had much luck cleaning them. Great flavor and production but not much on longevity with the juices I use them for.

I truly wish that I had waited for the Phoenix cartos to come out instead of springing for the CE3's (which others claimed were just like the Phoenix). Those had a 2 out of 10 failure rate for me (non-functional right away) and the other eight are just not impressing me to any great degree. For one thing, they seem to have a long break in period before I get a really good vape. Then they are inconsistent. It's not the syringe that puts me off because I use them for DIY all the time and inject myself every morning. I may have to try a box of genuine Phoenix before I give up on the whole concept. However, I am loving the capacity and consistency of the Stardusts.

Fizzy-Penny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Texas
OK, so how did you guys keep from being hacked, oops, I mean split up?!? We got split in the middle of the night. They said it was to shorten threads over 600 posts from slowing down the site.

I was bemused on this site seeing a lot of threads that had these eNORmous number of posts ... I'm an forum freak and most places I've frequented do limit thread posts. Mods close 'em and they just restart with same name, but with #2, #3, etc added. Seen them get up to "_________#20" and more. No biggy. My daughter (who managed a couple of forums as well as being a participant) said forum admins do that to keep the database from bogging down and causing errors, especially on searches. Hard to believe ECF is just now having problems, but maybe so. I'm no expert ... heck, every little problem I have with computer functionality, I holler pretty loud and "The Kid" (who's 44) comes and fixes it for me. LOL

I think it depends on how you define "fiddle". Filling these up with the syringe is no big deal, and then you don't have to do it again until it is empty. A cartomizer, on the other hand, is a huge PITA to me.....constantly having to drip in more juice, constantly checking to make sure it isn't dry......not to mention the yucky taste of polyfill (at least to my taste buds). The clearer taste is totally worth it to me, and the "fiddle" seems much less.

This is interesting. I'm having trouble ... took 5 days to get my star-dusts (stoooopid me, I thought they were shipped from Texas; they aren't. they come from NY). Got them yesterday and canNOT make them work at all on my ProVari. Could it be I have the wrong connection? Are these first two I tried just doa? They're sure no trouble to fill. Draw is extremely tight (I bought some of each and it is the same on both). NO vapor at all. Wth???? Can somebody help me troubleshoot this, pretty please?

More on new meds in public places.

The last I traveled away from my home, I had seen my cardiologist a few days before. I take lisinopril (ACE inhibitor) and have been on the same dose for 3 years. For some reason, probably governed by BP, he decided to raise my twice daily dose of lisinopril.

So now I'm away from home and I begin to experience numbness in my extremities, pain in my neck, lethargy, and the feeling of being cold. Not good. I call my cardiologist to report this and the receptionist says I will have to come into the office and she can fit me in next week :confused:

No, that is not acceptable. This is what I am going to do: I will go back to taking my previous dose, please pass that on to the doctor. "No," she objects. And warns me that I cannot do that without doctor approval. :confused:

Okay, I'll see you later. Bye. Hang up.

Doc calls later to say that I should go back to my previous dose.

Thank you for the approval.

If there's anything I've learned and taken to heart, it's that people with seriously medical issues have to be very very proactive in their own health care. You know your own case history (if you're well informed about it) better than anybody. Good for you, Blues, for not putting up with the bs.

I was told last Tuesday (when I showed up for my first chemo infusion at the treatment center 70 miles from home) by a nurse-navigator, "We recommend having the patient accompanied by a caregiver so you don't have to drive yourself." I thought, "Now you tell me? Good lord, lady, you have my phone number! This would have been useful info LAST WEEK, but not so much today." Anyway, I did fine; had an alternate plan (La Quinta 4 blks away) if I was unable to make the drive home that day. She also handed me "information" about my particular kind of rare blood cancer that was maybe a fourth of what I already knew. This person is getting paid for not much work, imo. But, whatever. Hang in there! Being old ain't fun, nor is it, as Art Linkletter put it so well, "for Sissies."

Back to vaping, I don't vape much of anything besides tobacco flavors. I've found that while there are a lot of the juices that mimic some of my favorite goodies, I miss the texture in my mouth of stuff like ice-cream, etc. It's not satisfying to me like it is for so many. But I like the tobacco flavors a lot. Especially 555, Ry4, Cowboy. What I want is something like Stardust to work ... so I can SEE when it's low on juice, not have the filler taste.

Oh, please, somebody tell me what I'm to do with these Stardusts. It looked like they should just work right out of the box. Filled 'em up, let them sit there for a few minutes (making sure the wicks are getting a good soaking), attached them with Provari Ego adaptor I got from ProVapes ... and nothing. Bummer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread