• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Megalodon or the Ultramax? Which to keep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvinado

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
US/SG
I have this dilema, you see guys, I am a gadget man, so far the big mods I have are

1) Provari
2) Megalodon
3) Apex Ultramax

Provari is a keeper considering that so many have troubles bringing it in.

1) Megalodon
Super Versatile device. works with almost all batteries, the 18s,17s,16, cR123, their custom 5v. You name it, and chances are you are able to fit it in a megalodon. It also accepts ego-tanks,map tanks, liquinators and all 510 fittings. You can use it as a mini-don, or a large size megalodon.

I like the bottom button feed and the adjustable throw on it.

you can see a review here
REVIEW OF THE SS MEGALODON ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE - YouTube

I also had a lot of trouble getting it from the name that should not be said, if you guys had read my previous threads, taxi rides, going to 2-3 branches of the name that should not be said, drawing out a diagram proving it was not an ecig etc etc.

2) Alpha UltraMax
I would rate it as one of the most innovative mechanical device out there. The patent pending push sleeve to activate the atomiser is pure genius, by far the most comfortable switch i haved used. It works excellently with dual coil cartomisers at 3.7V, 1.7ohms rate. Plumps of vapor and flavor. The most satisfying vape I have as the vape is not wet (experienced vapors will know what I mean here). Dryer vapes are by most the most enjoyable vapes.

For newbies I will explain it here.
Imagine dripping 3 drops of liquid to your atomizers, than on you last few puffs you get lots of vapor and throat hit and then its dry. THe last few puffs are always the best and the Alpha stay at that vaping mode always, giving you a super vape all the time. I think it has to do with the ceramic that lets out juice at a very consistant rate.

You have also a couple of battery choices 17670 as standard 3.7V, CR123 at 6.0V or 7.4V, 2 batteries staced in series. And even the 5 volts batteries from the megalodon fits! By and large the mechanical device i have had. You can see a video review below

REVIEW OF THE ALPHA ULTRAMAX ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE - YouTube

Now the reason I can only keep one of them is because the provari is already a Vari volts device but it is electrical, meaning that it will die one day, that is why i'll need another fully mechanical device to keep, just in case.

Vapors do me a favor because I really like both of them and cannot decide. I will eventually let go of one on the classifieds but til now, i really don't know.

Do give me your comments!

Painfreak

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
SG
I have not try either one but my preference would be the don. Don't really like the apex alpha and the res are of no use IMO if you got a tank mod. But don is a bottom button mod and that's something not to my liking too. Lol. Like you say, don u make so much effort to get it back, maybe it will blessed u from now. :)

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I can't live without the regulated vv smart pv's... if there was no Vari (got 2), I'd have a Darwin, or a Buzz Pro ( i do ), or any of the Notcigs, or the regulated boosted, (pwm, whatever the tech is for the individual pv's ) vv bottom feeders. THere are at least 4 of them now. (I have a Sgt.ArmyTank II).
I tried the ggts, and i don't knock mechanical pv's, but i am spoiled.

Look into the tech on the Vari; it is rated for umpteen cycles. It will last. You may have trouble getting them serviced; i understand that, but seems like you have the finance for a couple (one for back up) while you go through the hassle of servicing if needed.

If i'm way off the mark here, or bumming you out, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread