Status
Not open for further replies.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
EDIT:

I am sorry to announce that due to the increase in copy cats lurking on this and other boards, trying to steal Jantys ideas, we have decided to crawl back into hiding and keep our ideas a bit to ourselves for the time being!

This is a very unfortunate situation and it is definately not one we wanted. We hope you understand our reason for doing so - and i apologize for that: but we have dangerous times ahead of us, and i guess it is a bit more serious than first anticipated.

And to any Copy Cat reading this:

请尝试使用自己的大脑,而不是拣矿。

-------

Hey guys.

So alot of people have come to us with various suggestions about accessory items for the eGo. One of the ideas we want to produce is the eGo carry case.

However instead of me just producing one, i thought it could be kinda cool to bring you guys in on the idea.

Heres the deal:

You tell me what is important for you to have in a carry case for the eGo for you to buy it. Is the price important? Is it important to have multiple color schemes? Is it important to be able to carry a bottle, - or a filter - or both? Atomizers?

And so on - so go nuts with it. Once i have some inputs i will then begin work on a design -that design i will post on here for you to see and "judge". If the consensus then is for me to change this or that, or maybe even more specific alterations, i will then do those things while ofcourse trying to add my own touch to it - so the end result, hopefully, will be something that we all like and a product you guys have helped create from scratch!

So fire away - but keep in mind:

1) We will NOT make it electronic (ie. no PCC)
2) It IS impossible to please everyone, so please keep that in mind if i, or others reject your specific idea

/Mik

edit: My first prototype pictures have been posted now on this page in the thread!

Last edited:

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
what i want from it:

1. it should protect the device, so it should be a hardcover and no pouch or such.

2. it should hold one assembled device, with room to unscrew the atomizer a bit.

3. two atomizers with carts, but one would suffice because of point 2

4. a backup battery

5. a place for at least a 5ml better 10ml liquid bottle.

6. colors 1st choice is black, with big lettered Janty eGo on the top

7. if possible the inlet should be removable, and the usb charger could be placed under it.

8. not bigger than a pack of cigarettes

...ok 8, was just kidding :D

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
I would like:

1. 1 assembled eGo
2. 2 atomizers with tips
3. 2 3ml bottle holders
4. Hard shell
5. Black with a Pic of Mik on cover!

+1 ;)

oh and it should be made of solid gold with a pure silver insert and have a hidden button that when pushed will send the person you're looking at to mars for eternity :rolleyes:

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
what I'd like to see...
hard or semi hard case....
belt loop with snap so it can be carried on the belt/hip..(and placed there without having to take off belt)
ability to carry at least 1 6ml bottle of juice..
simple sleek clasic design...

Kind how I'd envision this is kinda similar to those semi rigid cigar holders..either oilskin or neoprene lined leather..3 tubular slots..one full one on each side with a short dummy one in the center (top to hold 6 ml bottle of juice with maybe a little slot/pocket under it for a spare atty..top folds over..snaps down to contain everything...black leather with Janty logo embossed (possibly dyed in silver) on top flap (possibly eGo as well)..
just sleek, compact but functional and sticking with the eGo styling...

Well that's what I'd make anyway...(then again I do leatherwork as a hobby...so that IS exactly what I'm making for my set)

EDIT: should mention making to replace a pelican case for some occasions...other than that the pelican case works really really well but isnt pocketable in a standard pair of jeans..but that is another suggestion...pelican case with a custom made insert for the eGo..

Last edited:

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hey,
So happens I have a Pelican case from another supplier and it works very well with the eGo.
It DOES fit in my tight a** jeans pocket (I'm fat, and tall)
Ok,
lets get to business...
1 - Hard case. Yes with a leather feel and the eGo logo.
2 - Must be able to keep it closed. Other case's have a flimsey latch that bends too much and NEVER stays closed.
3 - Inside should have something like (again, another suppliers type) a simi rigid styrafoam or stiff foam cut out to the eGo (full eGo's) and one xtra atty, 2 cart's (Tesla's, of course) and 1 bottle (7.5, 6, or 5ml size).
Now you don't really want it too big (this is not good, to hold the charger) so you can put it in your pocket.
Also, make sure that when its closed that the manual button won't be hit (pushed in) and turned on accidently.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Hey,
So happens I have a Pelican case from another supplier and it works very well with the eGo.
It DOES fit in my tight a** jeans pocket (I'm fat, and tall)
QUOTE]

Sound like me (well not so tall really)...and yeah it totally depends on which pelican case it is though, theres about a billion different sizes of them...and honestly I absolutely freaking love the pelican case (waterproof, crushproof, lifetime guarantee) just wish it were more pocket friendly (the one I have though is 6.5" long x 5" wide x 2.25" deep outside dimensions...

gamedemon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2010
Illinois
OK. So here is what I use and I love it. I keep one Ego in my Jacket pocket along with this case. It holds and extra battery, and extra atty, and 11 Pre-filled carts. Lasts me all day long and fits very nicely in my jacket pocket or the big pocket of my Cargo shorts..
This used to be the case for a mini screw driver set that I had. took the bits out, and cut each slot's stitching to double the width. Works flawlessly !

P1010241.jpg

P1010240.jpg

P1010239.jpg

P1010238.jpg

Ethan_Janty

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2008
Fort Worth

Axium

Feb 13, 2010
MO
I made a case out of a Camel Snus tin and some tough foam that holds the disassembled eGo securely, quietly (not jingly), with ample protection, and minimal size. While it works great, I've found that holding an assembled eGo would be much better.

Things I would like after using my diy-case for a month:
  • roughly the size and strength of a 510 PCC (please, god, round the corners...my pants and thigh will thank you :-x)
  • holds the assembled eGo
  • holds an extra cart+atty
  • holds a 2-3 mL bottle (two bottles would be better if no bigger than PCC)
  • had a small "misc." pouch for cloth/paper towel
  • rubber/leathery-substance-coated steel casing that doesn't slip out of your hand or slide on the dashboard and doesn't get crushed when I work with it in my pocket.
  • easy to clean (i.e. no tiny screwdriver required)
  • possibly able to be used as a table top holder for the essential equipment that I use daily and is normally found scattered around my desk. Everything in one spot that didn't get knocked around would be great. It can't be much more difficult than simply laying the junk on the table-top, or I probably wouldn't use it for this purpose. One hand and no eyes would be a deal breaker.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
From watching your ideas, i came up with something on my own.

What IF:

I made a design that was two individual setups. one of the "boxes" ( no it wont be box shaped) will be able to hold for instance a ego batt + atomizer + one cart - this would be the small one. You can take this on your own - OR - you can "click" this into the other "box", which is able to hold say one liquid bottle + one ego bat + 1 atomizer + one cart?

Or you can take the second "box" separately as well?

How would that sound? That way it could be made in a way so you can carry just the basics, - or you can attach your "travel" box onto it as well for longer journeys? Where the small version would fit in a pocket, and the big version would fit in a purse, or bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread