Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I have a SF-400D. But I believe that the Calibration process is the Same as for the SF-400D2.

Here is what you do...

Place the Scale on a Solid, Flat Surface.

Make sure the Scale can't rock. Adjust the Feet if it does.

Check the Level of Scale by looking Straight Down on the Level Bubble. Once again. adjust the feet until the Bubble is in the Center of the Bubble Window.

Plug in the Scale using the USB Cord/Wall Wart.

Set the Scale to Grams using the Mode Button.

Hit the TARE Button so the Scale reads 0.00

To Calibrate the scale, Press the CAL Button one time. The Scale will now say "CAL".

Press the CAL Button one more time and the Scale will Blink "CAL" two times and then Blink "200g".

Place a 200g Standard on the Center of the Scale.

After a second or two it will Blink "500g"

Remove the 200g Standard and put a 500g Standard on the Scale.

After about 2 Seconds the Screen displays some Weird pattern like the countdown timer on the Aliens wrist in the Schwarzenegger movie predator. Then it displays "500.00g".

The Calibration is now Complete.

---

Be sure to Wipe Off any Weight Standard you used with a Clean Cloth or Paper Towel. And then the Standard set somewhere you can Easily find it. And not in the Back of some Obscure Drawer like I did.

Last edited:

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
IIRC...

To Calibrate that scale you hold down the CAL Button.

Then it blinks 100g prompting you to put a 100g Standard on the Scale.

Then it blinks 300g prompting you to put a 200g Standard on it leaving the 100g in place.

I could have the Weight Standards mixed up with another scale I own. But I am Sure that to do a Calibration on it, you start by Holding Down the Calibration button.

If I have some time today, I'll dig out my Standard Set and the Scale and do a Calibration.

Thank you very much!

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thank you very much!

After a somewhat Frustrating search, I found my Standard Set. I Updated the Calibration process in my previous post.

Like I said, I believe the SF-400D and the SF-400D2 use the same Calibration process.

---

BTW - A General Side Note on Inexpensive Scales.

Many Scales will give you the Most Accurate/Repeatable Readings when they are Not used at their "Zero Weight".

Meaning, many scales will resolve better if you place some amount of Weight on them (like for this scale 100g or so) and then TARE the Scale, and then do your Weighing. Verses just Weighing right off Scale Tray/Face.

Probably Not all that Critical for DIY. But just something I'll mention.

BTW2 - Never. And I mean Never Push Down on a Scale with your Finger.

And when you Put stuff Down on a Scale to be weighed, try to do it so the Weight gradually goes to the Scale.

Same with when you Pick Stuff Up off the scale. Try to do it so when you grab whatever is being weighed, you don't put any more Downward Force on it as possible.

Last edited:

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
After a somewhat Frustrating search, I found my Standard Set. I Updated the Calibration process in my previous post.

Like I said, I believe the SF-400D and the SF-400D2 use the same Calibration process.

---

BTW - A General Side Note on Inexpensive Scales.

Many Scales will give you the Most Accurate/Repeatable Readings when they are Not used at their "Zero Weight".

Meaning, many scales will resolve better if you place some amount of Weight on them (like for this scale 100g or so) and then TARE the Scale, and then do your Weighing. Verses just Weighing right off Scale Tray/Face.

Probably Not all that Critical for DIY. But just something I'll mention.

BTW2 - Never. And I mean Never Push Down on a Scale with your Finger.

And when you Put stuff Down on a Scale to be weighed, try to do it so the Weight gradually goes to the Scale.

Same with when you Pick Stuff Up off the scale. Try to do it so when you grab whatever is being weighed, you don't put any more Downward Force on it as possible.

Thank you for this! I never would have known!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thank you for this! I never would have known!

Hey No Problem JustWondering1.

You might want to Print Out that calibration procedure if that is how you do it for the SF-400D2. And then put a copy in the Scale Box.

Because it Isn't in the Instructions they give you. Or, at least, it wasn't in the Instructions I got.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Hey No Problem JustWondering1.

You might want to Print Out that calibration procedure if that is how you do it for the SF-400D2. And then put a copy in the Scale Box.

Because it Isn't in the Instructions they give you. Or, at least, it wasn't in the Instructions I got.

That's a great idea. I will print it out and I'll put it in the box as soon as it arrives! My scale isn't here yet. I bought it over the weekend along with some super concentrate flavors. I've never mixed anything yet, but I've been assembling various DIY supplies for a while now. When all of the DIY stuff I bought over the weekend arrives, I'll begin mixing.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That's a great idea. I will print it out and I'll put it in the box as soon as it arrives! My scale isn't here yet. I bought it over the weekend along with some super concentrate flavors. I've never mixed anything yet, but I've been assembling various DIY supplies for a while now. When all of the DIY stuff I bought over the weekend arrives, I'll begin mixing.

Yeah... When I got My scale, it didn't have any Calibration Instructions. So I searched around the Web. I found Absolutely Nothing. So I contacted the seller and asked them what the deal was?

It took them awhile to get it. Because they said they had to Contact the OEM. But that is how I got the Instructions.

It was Very Nice to pull out the Scale today and inside the Box find a Print Out of how to do a Calibration. That took 2 Minutes to do. Finding my Weight Standards is what took a 30 Minutes.

LOL

Last edited:

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Yeah... When I got My scale, it didn't have any Calibration Instructions. So I searched around the Web. I found Absolutely Nothing. So I contacted the seller and asked them what the deal was?

It took them awhile to get it. Because they said they had to Contact the OEM. But that is how I got the Instructions.

It was Very Nice to pull out the Scale today and inside the Box find a Print Out of how to do a Calibration. That took 2 Minutes to do. Finding the my Weight Standards is what took a 30 Minutes.

LOL

It's very helpful! Thank you!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I am trying to figure out how to work the ELR calculator. I input all of the ingredients and percentages, but at the bottom, it says I am missing ingredients. Please see example below. Would someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thank you.

OSDIYS Arnold Palmer Standalone
9bf5b385e1b458fdafb718f0c43ffe54
- by Just Wondering, today, at 15:06

Ingredient
ml
Grams
%

Nicotine juice 100 mg (100% PG)

PG dilutant

VG dilutant

Total base

OSDIYS Arnold Palmer

Totals

Strength: 18 mg
PG/VG-ratio: 70/30
Flavor total: 0.9 ml / 0.9g (9%)
Price: 0.00
You are missing ingredients

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I am trying to figure out how to work the ELR calculator. I input all of the ingredients and percentages, but at the bottom, it says I am missing ingredients. Please see example below. Would someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thank you.

Ingredient
ml
Grams
%

PG dilutant

VG dilutant

Total base

OSDIYS Arnold Palmer

Totals

Did you set up your flavor stash? Did you enter 0 on the water/vodka line? Would help if you took a screen shot of the recipe.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Did you set up your flavor stash? Did you enter 0 on the water/vodka line? Would help if you took a screen shot of the recipe.

Hi Letitia,

Thank you. I had no idea I was supposed to enter a zero on the water/vodka line. I'll paste in the recipe below. It's just a one shot recipe using OSDIY's Arnold Palmer One Shot as a standalone with no additional flavors.

Ingredient
ml
Grams
%

PG dilutant

VG dilutant

Total base

OSDIYS Arnold Palmer

Totals

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015

Yes, I made sure to add 0 on the water/vodka line. I also entered the percentage of flavoring I wanted. I don't know what the flavor stash is or how to set that up?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Yes, I made sure to add 0 on the water/vodka line. I also entered the percentage of flavoring I wanted. I don't know what the flavor stash is or how to set that up?
Create an account, it's free. Once you create the account you can enter your flavors in your stash, handy tool. The new members pages are a treasure trove over on elr. At the top of the page you should see a heading for Resources , click on it and scroll through. Did you look at another recipe on the site to see what you might have missed.

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee

Ingredient
ml
Grams
%

PG dilutant

VG dilutant

Total base

OSDIYS Arnold Palmer

Totals

Yeah, Letitia is on the trail. It's just telling you that you don't have the ingredients in your flavor stash to make the recipe. Which doesn't really mean anything to you, of course, since you're just using your Arnold Palmer flavor. Me, too, by the way, I keep a bottle mixed at all times, but I found I like it better at 5 percent. It's pretty strong.

I'd recommend setting up your flavor stash on the site when you get the chance. Then, you'll see bunches of recipes that you can mix. When there's a recipe that you can't mix, you'll see that "you are missing ingredients" message.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
BTW if the recipe is entered and you didn't miss a line you can still save the recipe.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Create an account, it's free. Once you create the account you can enter your flavors in your stash, handy tool. The new members pages are a treasure trove over on elr. At the top of the page you should see a heading for Resources , click on it and scroll through. Did you look at another recipe on the site to see what you might have missed.

Thank you so much!! I had no idea! I just set up and account and went straight to the calculator. There aren't any other ingredients, there's only one flavor, nic, vg and pg, but I will go back to the site and see what all they have there. Thanks again!!

• Winner
Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thank you so much!! I had no idea! I just set up and account and went straight to the calculator. There aren't any other ingredients, there's only one flavor, nic, vg and pg, but I will go back to the site and see what all they have there. Thanks again!!
It's a great site with handy tools. Well worth exploring. Friendly people on the forum side as well.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Yeah, Letitia is on the trail. It's just telling you that you don't have the ingredients in your flavor stash to make the recipe. Which doesn't really mean anything to you, of course, since you're just using your Arnold Palmer flavor. Me, too, by the way, I keep a bottle mixed at all times, but I found I like it better at 5 percent. It's pretty strong.

I'd recommend setting up your flavor stash on the site when you get the chance. Then, you'll see bunches of recipes that you can mix. When there's a recipe that you can't mix, you'll see that "you are missing ingredients" message.

Thanks Mike! It makes perfect sense! I just didn't know I had a flavor stash to set up. My plan has been to stick to one shot standalone recipes until I know a little bit more about DIY.

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Thanks Mike! It makes perfect sense! I just didn't know I had a flavor stash to set up. My plan has been to stick to one shot standalone recipes until I know a little bit more about DIY.
The flavor stash is fun. I didn't even start using it for a year or two, but it adds a lot of possibilities for you. For instance, I have 67 flavors in my stash (very modest compared to many folks here), and when I click on the "user" heading at the top of the ELR page and scroll down on the drop-down menu to "What can I make", it leads me to a new page that shows 1465 recipes that I can make with the ingredients I have on hand.

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread