Status
Not open for further replies.

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
It's so nice to see new tips and to know how they put smiles on our faces!
That Muted Floral is awesome!
Hope everyone had a good weekend! I'm winding down to get ready for school tomorrow! Three days of standardized test starting tomorrow but at least I know I only have 4 more weeks to go!
As for tips, I am waiting for the right one for me!

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Morning Chooch! No new tip for me yet because I am waiting on one to call out to me!
Well I survived my annual Cinco de Mayo food fest with my classes in Friday, the last one forever!
No more Mexican food for me for at least a week!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I only have two more weekends with my oldest son and his family before they load up the moving van and leave. I am getting to be a really sad grandma :(

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Now I wish I had a car with better mpg because I know I will be driving to Austin alot! And they are going to be living in a large travel trailer out on some land so I will be staying in a motel every time :eek:
This is going to dig deep in my retirement check but maybe they will come here once a month and I will only go every other month. At least they didn't get a tiny home which would be even smaller!
Mr. Chili and I have a bet going on how long they will be able to handle such tight quarters with two kids, two dogs and a cat! :rolleyes:
Time will tell.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Awwwww, Chili. :( The grands moving away got to be a heart breaker, but their parents have to follow their "opportunities." Ha! Travel trailers can be a really tight squeeze although having lived in two different ones (8' x 24' and a "palace" of 8' x 52') for 7 years as a child with 2 sibs and 2 parents didn't seem so at the time.......Didn't have 4 legged pets though. The motel room sounds pretty good for long showers and a little restful quiet after a fun filled day. Looked up the history of Cinco de Mayo and was surprised that it's not a major holiday in Mexico and not celebrated like it is here. I was surprised and still ate my tacos and drank my margaritas in happy celebration of their battle win........Actually "toasted" them several times! :p

Hey, Dale. :) Must be pretty tough since your grands lived with you for a while before leaving. The "empty nest" syndrome all over again? :blink:

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Awwwww, Chili. :( The grands moving away got to be a heart breaker, but their parents have to follow their "opportunities." Ha! Travel trailers can be a really tight squeeze although having lived in two different ones (8' x 24' and a "palace" of 8' x 52') for 7 years as a child with 2 sibs and 2 parents didn't seem so at the time.......Didn't have 4 legged pets though. The motel room sounds pretty good for long showers and a little restful quiet after a fun filled day. Looked up the history of Cinco de Mayo and was surprised that it's not a major holiday in Mexico and not celebrated like it is here. I was surprised and still ate my tacos and drank my margaritas in happy celebration of their battle win........Actually "toasted" them several times! :p

Hey, Dale. :) Must be pretty tough since your grands lived with you for a while before leaving. The "empty nest" syndrome all over again? :blink:

I think they bought the 52 footer! I hope so. But I know the grands will love it! They will have ponds to fish in and catch frogs and they have been promised a four wheeler to explore. It is an adventure and my son hopes they learn to play outside more and spend less time with the TV, iPad and Xbox!
As for you toasting to the battle, wise move! Margaritas are good any day of the year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread