Monthly Contest - picture thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

destiny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2012
Talking Rock, Georgia
How about this one? I am just playing around now!! :p kINDA fUN!

mod2.jpg

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
May Contest

Usually Spring hits full swing in May, so many of us will start spending more time outside this month. In order to celebrate the warmer weather (well, for most of us [well, for most of us north of the equator]) this month's contest is GOIN' OUT! Post a picture of you, or a friend, or you and your friends, vaping outside. You can be hikin', or bikin', or just sittin' on the porch. Fishin', picnicin' or standing under a tree--just get outside for a bit.

If you are reluctant, for some reason, to post a picture of yourself or someone you know vaping outside, you can write a description of your favourite outdoor vaping spot or describe to us how vaping outdoors makes you feel (good or bad). Don't just tell us a place--you have to tell us what makes that place different from others, and why it's your favourite. This is supposed to be a picture thread, if you don't want to post a photo you have to try to paint a picture with words :)

This month's prize will be a $20 gift certificate.

Rules for the May 2013 contest (in addition to the General Rules):

For photos:

1. Someone in the picture must be actively vaping.
  2. If a photo meets the criteria to be posted by more than one person, any/all eligible people may post it.

For non-photo entries:

1. You have to put some effort in the description. "On my porch" doesn't cut it. "At the park, because it's cool" isn't good enough. It doesn't have to be poetry, but it has to show an attempt was made to express something :)
  2. Since written entries are being allowed in the contest this month, all discussion will be moved to the discussion thread. If an entry doesn't meet the (admittedly subjective) criteria for non-photo submissions, it will be moved as well.
  3. You may post more than one non-photo entry but each entry must be unique.

For all entries:
  1. The limit of five entries applies to the total. You don't get five pictures and five essays, just five entries in any combination of photos and essays :)

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA

Okay... so I'm lazy... :D LOL!!

But it's really hard trying to catch the vapor outdoors!!
(especially with the self-timer... ;) )

TreeHug.jpg:original

It's a nice little park, with BBQ grills and the Pacific Ocean just behind that building... :)
(and there is NO smoking allowed there!!)

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
I love vaping outside in the back yard. The trees giving off a bit of shade from the Florida heat. The mid day sun reflecting off the clear water in the pool as the breeze lightly caresses me. The sent of fruit mixing with the flowers. Everything is just about perfect other than my roomies dog who loves to "talk" to the neighbors dog through the fence.

Disconnect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2013
Washington DC
I vape outside at work, but only on nice days. That is the only way I can meet with my boss. (Even when we were on the same floor, and even before I switched from smoking, schedules being what they are I'd go see if his coat was hung up and then try to catch him downstairs.)

Now that it is warmer out, I'm planning to be downstairs a lot more often. Guess that means I'll meet with my boss more.. hmm.

Skypea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
The Shoals, Alabama
I vape and bike. I have a bunch of medical problems with my knee and I am under doctors orders to build up my thigh muscles. Bicycling is a great way to do this. I have a glorious old school style cruiser bicycle. It's light green with fenders, a little bell and a white wire basket. Living in the Los Angeles area the weather is always good for bike riding. I stay on the sidewalk just like I did when I was a little kid because quite frankly when you are 50 with poor muscles it's safer that way. I usually bring along a nice fruit flavor to vape. Mostly because lots of the houses I ride by have orange and banana trees. I always want to reach up and take them. So fruit flavors keep my hands off their trees. It is a challenge to ride in places because earthquakes or tree roots have cracked or pushed up the sidewalk. I can usually ride for 2 miles while vaping, which is pretty good for me. I could never ride and smoke, it would wind me. So for me riding/vaping along in the Cali sunshine is pure heaven and will make my legs strong. ;).

Thanks for the awesome contest!

wandawag

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
jacksonville, florida
i am on an ipad and dont know how to post pics.

i sit on my screened in back porch. the view is our 4 squirrel feeders, a beautiful bottlebrush tree in full bloom. the sounds of the birds chirping, and 4 rescued dogs running around playing. a very relaxing time watching the squirrels eat the corncobs hubby feeds them. we built the back porch ourselves, i can't be in the sunshine, so it is almost the only time i am outdoors. this is why my porch is so special to me.

thank you for the contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread