Most recent battery explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
Help me to understand this. Mechs only vape by battery voltage. There are no tricks or anything. So say your battery reads 4.1v. Now you fire and due to battery sag, your coil is getting say 3.9v. Nothing special and no difference between a VV (set at 3.9v) mod and a mech yet.

Now after a dozen or so hits, resting battery voltage is now 4.0v. Now when you fire, the coil is getting say 3.8v. So just adjust your VV for 3.8v now. Why would either one give you a different vape? And as the battery voltage drops under load, just dial back your VV. So I don't get why some say mechs gives you a better vape? Perhaps it is only a psychological thing or something?
this may help brother, I know it is cliché but from a native Indian to another.

you may find me and others stronger than I .

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Straight DC is the answer Bill. Most regulated mods are PWM (pulse width modulated) and most people can tell the flavor is diminished with PWM when compared to mechs. Dna mods have straight dc output and I can't tell any difference between them and mechs. There are a few other regulated mods out there that output straight dc, the SX's come to mind, and others with bypass mode.

Dna boards are the only ones that output straight dc in temp control mode as well as power mode as far as I know.
Well I really tried to like PWM mods, but no matter how hard I try, I just can't. Some vape better than other PWN mods since they use a higher frequency. But still, I can't love those either. The vape just isn't the same as a flat DC level to me.
I understand the preference of straight DC output in a mech, DNA regulated mod, and a high end, high frequency chip like what was in the Provari. They give what many describe as a "smoother vape" experience. It is a subtle difference that not everyone experiences.

I've experienced this smoother vape in a mech, Provari, MVP, and DNA mod.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Man, I am going to go with personal preference and what you are used to. I am also going to agree that it can be pretty interesting to go from one vape to another (in rather varying price points) your mod (mech or regulated) and its quality does make a difference, and I'd guess that difference still may be more pronounced with higher wattages.

Plus the truly mech dedicated probably know how to get the best vape out of their vape most of the time, and they truly enjoy all aspects of it. I'm not that "mech dedicated" but I do enjoy vaping one on occasion and IDK if it's my imagination or what, but there is just something neat about vaping a mech, whether that neatness is a) imaginary b) just kind of different in quality, or c) I am vaping a mech and it hasn't blown up, I feel extra competent at the moment. Or a combination of all factors.

But in 95% percent of situations I am going to go with regulated, every time.

Anna

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
@BillW50 love the avatar comanche here and another is creek I think and another is closer to celtic...
Hopefully I won't disappoint you too badly... but it is Celtic (or supposed to be). But I always believed that somewhere in the distant past (as the Romans and the Christians wiped out our history), both native Indians and my people, our souls were once one. But we were separated long ago by the great pond. :(

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Help me to understand this. Mechs only vape by battery voltage. There are no tricks or anything. So say your battery reads 4.1v. Now you fire and due to battery sag, your coil is getting say 3.9v. Nothing special and no difference between a VV (set at 3.9v) mod and a mech yet.

Now after a dozen or so hits, resting battery voltage is now 4.0v. Now when you fire, the coil is getting say 3.8v. So just adjust your VV for 3.8v now. Why would either one give you a different vape? And as the battery voltage drops under load, just dial back your VV. So I don't get why some say mechs gives you a better vape? Perhaps it is only a psychological thing or something?

Regulated mods depend on square wave amplitude and frequency (duty cycle)to adjust the perceived vape wattage, so the coil is pulsed on and off. A mech mod output is straight DC voltage. So, you get 100% on time with a smooth DC voltage in a mech. There's no switching involved. Mech mods produce an unchanging voltage level, although it diminishes over time as the battery voltage drops. Most mech users change the battery at 3.7v +/- when the vape is no longer satisfying. Hope I understood your question.

Variable mods had low frequency oscillators years ago. As the tech improved the frequency of the oscillators increased and variable mods became closer to a mech mod in flavor and vapor. Early VV mods had a rattlesnake sound effect from low frequencies feeding the coil. That's why Provari was king in early years with their higher frequency oscillator circuits.

Square wave
rifesqwavefig1.jpg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
But Ariana, was that dress appropriate for a funeral? :facepalm:

It's black. That's all that is required for a funeral, so if you wear something like that, everyone just assumes you were the mistress and since you are now the EX mistress, it's not a bad marketing strategy.

I make no claims as to the morality of this post, I'm being pragmatic.

Anna

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
It's black. That's all that is required for a funeral, so if you wear something like that, everyone just assumes you were the mistress and since you are now the EX mistress, it's not a bad marketing strategy.

I make no claims as to the morality of this post, I'm being pragmatic.

Anna

Anna check out the treepeep family truly good friends there.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Yeah, I understand the marketing strategy on Ariana's part. Although Bill's reaction to the dress is more responsible for the number of internet hits received than for Ariana's musical performance or her choice of attire.

What I didn't understand was your mistress vs EX mistress comment.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No I mean if you go to a man's funeral dressed like that, everyone assumes you were (or if lesbian person I guess) the dude's mistress PLUNGED, even clothing wise, into deep mourning for the former patron, and needing a NEW patron.

IDK whose funeral that was, but well, if it was a woman the analogy wouldn't take although I guss a gigolo could appear in some sort of appropriately identifying outfit, like Trent Reznor in his good days or something. IDK.

But yeah, the minute the death happens, you know, it's time to get rehired.

Anna

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Straight DC is the answer Bill. Most regulated mods are PWM (pulse width modulated) and most people can tell the flavor is diminished with PWM when compared to mechs. Dna mods have straight dc output and I can't tell any difference between them and mechs. There are a few other regulated mods out there that output straight dc, the SX's come to mind, and others with bypass mode.

Dna boards are the only ones that output straight dc in temp control mode as well as power mode as far as I know.

PWM was years ago, not common with regulated mods today.

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes I know Aretha Franklin, LOL maybe I should have watched the video although I've grown so tired of watching Clinton's leering over the years. He's gonna be a handful if he ever makes it to the old folks home.

No offense intended or implied. Seriously I think all sides of the aisle can agree Clinton was... a bit of a letch.

Anna

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Yes I know Aretha Franklin, LOL maybe I should have watched the video although I've grown so tired of watching Clinton's leering over the years. He's gonna be a handful if he ever makes it to the old folks home.

No offense intended or implied. Seriously I think all sides of the aisle can agree Clinton was... a bit of a letch.

Anna

4fe2be6daf255edf68be793d066b6c29.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread