MVP Owners Group-into the next generation…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I've had my MVP 2 for about 4 months now and today all of the sudden it's showing a resistance of 0.0 with everything I put on it. If I unscrew the RDA or tanks it shows NON but when they are on all the way 0.0. any suggestions or ideas as to what could be wrong?

Sounds like a contact pin issue. Click on my blogs and you will find an article on all the current fixes :)

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
........:offtopic: hey everybody it's my :bday: hit the ole double nickle, never thought i'd make it this far so i'm :rickroll:
and still :vapor:

A very happy Birthday to you Sando and hopefully many more . Ya know, i started hating birthdays after i hit 21 , nowadays i dread them , they come and go way too fast for me . I see we are both Virgos , my Birthday is on Labor day , how fitting lol.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
.........@ keir, man that Flagship seems awesome so if it makes ya happy go for it man, i'm tellin ya the Tugboat cln hits like a mad-man and it's a solid RDA i can't believe it's that cheap: peeps must not be hip to it yet! :vapor:

personally i been struggling with the authentic situation since certain clones are excellent and do the job very well, maybe i'll change my mind sooner or later..........but as of now i've found 2 authentic's under 75 that i deem worth-while (1) Super T-Workhorse, (2) Smoketech Fury, these will prob go on my list, the X-Pure RDA is made for the Fury and the combo can be had for 80 bucks @ sweet vapes.....also been seriously considering a back-up MVP....decisions, decisions man it's tough :D

The only clones i would buy are all copper and made by the likes of H.Cigar, EH pro and Infinite . They are superb according to veterans in the" ask the veterans" forum, i would never pay top dollar for an authentic copper mod , but thats just me.

Paraflier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Pierce County, WA
I've had my MVP 2 for about 4 months now and today all of the sudden it's showing a resistance of 0.0 with everything I put on it. If I unscrew the RDA or tanks it shows NON but when they are on all the way 0.0. any suggestions or ideas as to what could be wrong?

I think someone had the issue two days ago. If I remember, I believe the fix was a "reset" of sorts. On and off, plug in the charger to the wall, on off again. ( there might have been a dance involved somewhere too). Pretty sure that fixed the issue. Look for posts about 8/25 .....

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Here and loving Vanilla Tobacco at 5.0, Kanger tank!

I tried most of the tobacco's out there and nothing really blew me away until i started DIY .

I bought a bunch of tiny sample flavors of various tobaccos and to my surprise i found one that taste so close to a Marlboro i almost flipped and drove my car off the road when i sampled it lol.

It's so realistic that i add nothing else , i just buy PG with double the nic i usually get then add VG in an equal amount .

I then have a 50/50 mix of double the volume and at my preferred nic level (thanks Sando for the tip). I put about 5 to 10 drops in a 20ml container and shake , comes out perfect.

It's ridiculously cheap to DIY and i will never buy premade juice again.

Last edited:

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
The only clones i would buy are all copper and made by the likes of H.Cigar, EH pro and Infinite . They are superb according to veterans in the" ask the veterans" forum, i would never pay top dollar for an authentic copper mod , but thats just me.

I have problems with buying a clone. What irritates me the most are the clones which carry the authentic name on them, I must have watched a few dozen videos on the SvoeMesto Kayfun lite 2 and the clones of it. Also reading the threads about stripped screws, missing or loose O rings, not to forget threads which have stripped. So I decided to purchase the authentic Svoemesto kayfun lite.

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana
Have you considered the ENERGY series?

Beautiful...and many prefer the iClear 16B over the iClear 30.

Authentic Itaste MVP 2 0 Energy with New iClear 16B Starter Kit | eBay

When I put in a new Aspire BVC head (every 2-3 weeks) I'll start it out at 7 Watts just to "remind" myself what it's like at 7 Watts.

Then...I'll work it up to 8 Watts => 9 Watts => 10 Watts => 11 Watts and it just gets better and better.

Then...I'll leave it at 11 Watts until I change to a new head.

These people love theirs:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...spire-nautilus-mini-bvc-your-thoughts-22.html

One poster: "Haven't touched my kayfun or Russian since I got these coils."

2nd poster: "Can see why your Kayfun and Russian are collecting dust !

I really enjoy rebuilding, the cost savings, and the flavor that cellulose gives me, but:

h5oH3pw.jpg

2 words...VARIABLE WATTAGE!!!

I'm amazed with my Aspire BVC's...and at $15.00 and 3.5ml...the Lite is worth a look...but...

the Solo Tank page says: "Works with Silo coils and Nautilus BDC and BVC coils "

the Solo Lite page says: "Works with both Silo Lite coils and Aspire BDC coils"

Will the Lite work with Aspire BVC's???

Ya... I was being dense. I blame lack of sleep (I just woke up at 9am this morning after having slept 16hrs in fact.. was soooo tired :))

Desertfremen

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
MI
Bout to load some Mother's Milk up into my Russian as it turns out... Good stuff. That said, I think its best with lower amounts of nicotine- great flavor but it sort of seems "wrong" for me for that flavor to have any kind of throat hit, you know? Think I might grab a bottle of 6mg the next time I get some (currently use 12). Just my preference I guess :D

I like Sucker Punch as well, and can tolerate Madrina. So far, I only have 3 liquids I like- Sucker Punch, Mother's Milk, and my local vape shop's White Lightening.

Speaking of which, since all of us are on MVPs and many of us use Protanks and Kayfuns, are there any flavors that most of us here like (**EDIT** I know flavors are impossibly subjective, but ive been trying and trying with little luck)? Im trying to get ideas for my next trial batch. I need to get an RDA so I can drip some flavors at my B&M store since their trial devices offer nowhere near the flavor my Kayfun does, but then Ill be forever spoiled by the flavor from dripping :p Fortunately, I do have 3 that I like so I can at least cycle them.

Anyways, welcome aboard Desertfreman- you picked a fine device, a fine topper, and a fine juice!
Thank you for the Welcome! Thank You All for the wondrous and many welcomes!

On the note of a fine topper, not to say that the Nautilus is a bad device, but yesterday was my first day with one and sad to say I'm kinda disapointed. All was fine until mid afternoon when I started getting gurgling. Fixed the overflow, changed a few settings, primed and got a few good hits and then somehow I burned the coil. Bleech! Since then I've gone through 3 coils. I think I want more than what the Naut can provide. It also didn't help that I couldn't seem to go over 7W with it. No matter what juice was in it it would get burned. Hmmm. I guess it doesn't help that my last coil for the Vivi decided to short yesterday either! LOL :facepalm: So now I'm happily back on my iclear 30s while poking around on here before I head off to the B&M to get more coils for my Vivi. I'll give the Naut to my DH. He was expressing interest in buying one, now he doesn't have to! He is not the chain vaper that I am.

A few days ago when I was looking at ordering another tank I brought up the idea of RBA/RDAs to my DH. He promptly said "You have other things to worry about!" I did heed the warning and pulled the trigger on the Naut instead of a Kayfun. It was said half jokingly but I think I'm seeing the seriousness of that comment now, too. :laugh:

Mother's Milk is the juice that made me give up DIY juice. In over 3 yrs of trying to make my own, never have I been able to make anything so good, and all attempts to even get close have failed miserably. After so many years of trying I decided to give up and pay the people with real talent their true worth! I also really like O.B. but I think there is some wheat in that juice because it triggers symptoms of that allergy. A crying shame as I do like that flavour too. Haven't tried Sucker Punch or Madrina yet.

First off, I agree 100%. To commiserate:

You dont even need to give them any leash. They will come in and take your liberties like they did in your state during Katrina (when they just TOOK peoples guns). They literally had no right- they just sent guys with guns and intimidation. They TAKE other liberties just the same, and you damn well know they see dollar signs in their heads as the primary motivation for whatever legislation they "offer to protect the public".

In regards to Katrina, even if I wasnt a gun enthusiast I would have been upset when that happened. It boils down to this: it seems the people with the mindset to pursue having power are the people who can justify anything gained (or stolen, or coerced, or forced) by using their power to grow more power. The guys like us who try to live in peace and place more value on the subtleties of life (a ride on the motorcycle, a day at the shooting range, an MVP and Kayfun to chief on, etc) arent in power precisely because we arent willing to screw others to stay in power or grow it.

Exceptions occur- there are good people in power. But damn.. it just seems like they can never win against all the $$$ seeking ones!

Sorry if Im off-topic folks. Places like this are the only ones where we even have a voice about such matters- matters that literally affect our health. I will offer a pic of my MVP and Russian when I get a chance so that I contribute an on-topic response :D

I've only been active in this thread for a day, but I am really enjoying this thread and all of the wonderful topics!

If you can't tell by my SN and avatar, I am a Frank Herbert fan. One of the topics that pervades his books/novels is just this exact phenomenon. I remember once (in an interview I think, or maybe it was the biography done by his son) he was talking about the old adage of how "absolute power corrupts absolutely". His position on it was far simpler: He stated that he felt it was more like "Power attracts the corruptible." The older I get and the more I see the more I am agreeing with him!

I, too, agree there are exceptions, but they seem to be very rare.

........:offtopic: hey everybody it's my :bday: hit the ole double nickle, never thought i'd make it this far so i'm :rickroll:
and still :vapor:

Happy Birthday! :party:

jandry

Jul 8, 2014
Austin, TX, USA
Thank you for the Welcome! Thank You All for the wondrous and many welcomes!

On the note of a fine topper, not to say that the Nautilus is a bad device, but yesterday was my first day with one and sad to say I'm kinda disapointed. All was fine until mid afternoon when I started getting gurgling. Fixed the overflow, changed a few settings, primed and got a few good hits and then somehow I burned the coil. Bleech! Since then I've gone through 3 coils. I think I want more than what the Naut can provide. It also didn't help that I couldn't seem to go over 7W with it. No matter what juice was in it it would get burned. Hmmm. I guess it doesn't help that my last coil for the Vivi decided to short yesterday either! LOL :facepalm: So now I'm happily back on my iclear 30s while poking around on here before I head off to the B&M to get more coils for my Vivi. I'll give the Naut to my DH. He was expressing interest in buying one, now he doesn't have to! He is not the chain vaper that I am.

A few days ago when I was looking at ordering another tank I brought up the idea of RBA/RDAs to my DH. He promptly said "You have other things to worry about!" I did heed the warning and pulled the trigger on the Naut instead of a Kayfun. It was said half jokingly but I think I'm seeing the seriousness of that comment now, too. :laugh:

Mother's Milk is the juice that made me give up DIY juice. In over 3 yrs of trying to make my own, never have I been able to make anything so good, and all attempts to even get close have failed miserably. After so many years of trying I decided to give up and pay the people with real talent their true worth! I also really like O.B. but I think there is some wheat in that juice because it triggers symptoms of that allergy. A crying shame as I do like that flavour too. Haven't tried Sucker Punch or Madrina yet.

I've only been active in this thread for a day, but I am really enjoying this thread and all of the wonderful topics!

If you can't tell by my SN and avatar, I am a Frank Herbert fan. One of the topics that pervades his books/novels is just this exact phenomenon. I remember once (in an interview I think, or maybe it was the biography done by his son) he was talking about the old adage of how "absolute power corrupts absolutely". His position on it was far simpler: He stated that he felt it was more like "Power attracts the corruptible." The older I get and the more I see the more I am agreeing with him!

I, too, agree there are exceptions, but they seem to be very rare.

Happy Birthday! :party:
Your DH does have a point. Honestly, the Russian I have (which is a Kayfun clone with airflow control) has been a pain to get right. That said, once its there, its awesome- best vape Ive had so far. Im hoping using Rayon as a wick will make me have to open it up less; with cotton I need to rewick every 1-2 tanks (especially with thick/flavorful juices like Suicide Bunny offers). Its strange youve had issues with the Nautilus- you may have mentioned earlier but which coils are you using? I know there is the BDC and BVC coils, and most people round these parts rant and rave about the BVCs.

A good reliable well performing topper that is well regarded around here as well is the Protank 2, which is my other most used topper (along with a $3 aerotank airflow base). Take note: most people regard the Nautilus as a better performer. I rewick mine with cotton and recoil with 30 guage 6 wraps and it vapes very well. No leaks or flooding, dry hits, and it puts down good flavor and solid clouds. Some people also like carto-tanks- I have yet to try one but they seem interesting.

Maybe its just mine, but my iclear 30 has a very very tight draw. I prefer airy draws, and will only use the iclear as an absolute last resort. Definitely get some advice on this forums about your Nautilus as it is consistently one of the most talked about clearos...

Desertfremen

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
MI
Your DH does have a point. Honestly, the Russian I have (which is a Kayfun clone with airflow control) has been a pain to get right. That said, once its there, its awesome- best vape Ive had so far. Im hoping using Rayon as a wick will make me have to open it up less; with cotton I need to rewick every 1-2 tanks (especially with thick/flavorful juices like Suicide Bunny offers). Its strange youve had issues with the Nautilus- you may have mentioned earlier but which coils are you using? I know there is the BDC and BVC coils, and most people round these parts rant and rave about the BVCs.

A good reliable well performing topper that is well regarded around here as well is the Protank 2, which is my other most used topper (along with a $3 aerotank airflow base). Take note: most people regard the Nautilus as a better performer. I rewick mine with cotton and recoil with 30 guage 6 wraps and it vapes very well. No leaks or flooding, dry hits, and it puts down good flavor and solid clouds. Some people also like carto-tanks- I have yet to try one but they seem interesting.

Maybe its just mine, but my iclear 30 has a very very tight draw. I prefer airy draws, and will only use the iclear as an absolute last resort. Definitely get some advice on this forums about your Nautilus as it is consistently one of the most talked about clearos...

BDCs, which after reading seem to be plagued with QC problems. I can't find a B&M around here that has the BVCs and the place I ordered the tank from was OOS. My DH currently uses carto tanks and loves them. I never did b/c I had a habit of burning them too. Strange I don't have that problem with the Vivi, even though the QC on the coils is for poo on that one too. At least those are cheap enough that I don't mind having to chuck one or two outts a five pack to get a good one. Now while the 30S sucks juice like no tomorrow, I've never burnt one of them up and it is a tighter draw than the Naut, but still outputs more than enough vape so I don't mind. I find the Vivi to have about the same draw as a 30S.

In the midst of this though I have been very pleased with the MVP. No problems whatsoever, it protected itself beautifully when that last Vivi coil shorted. I killed an old ego batt doing a second test when I thought maybe I had just pushed the connector down too far with the Nautilus.

My MVP and Nautilus tank before the honeymoon was over:

desertfremen-albums-mvplove-picture368547-mvplove.jpg

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
I have problems with buying a clone. What irritates me the most are the clones which carry the authentic name on them, I must have watched a few dozen videos on the SvoeMesto Kayfun lite 2 and the clones of it. Also reading the threads about stripped screws, missing or loose O rings, not to forget threads which have stripped. So I decided to purchase the authentic Svoemesto kayfun lite.

With clones you really got to do your homework , you need to even pay close attention to the different runs and if there are any changes of manufacturer . Pay the utmost attention to the dates of the reviews , thats a big key.

I pay very close attention to the reviews of what i'm interested in and if all the reviews are exceptionally positive i then look at all the dates of them . If the dates are very close to when i am looking to buy i will jump on it .

What that tells me is whoever the manufacturer is , they are putting out great quality clones in that particular run . If you don't pay attention to reviews and the dates of when they were posted you will most likely be taking a big chance since production runs vary quite a bit from one manufacturer to the next.

One will produce fantastic replicas for a short time period of time but then without your knowledge the place your buying from switched manufacturer's and their quality is lower than the last one. If you read the early reviews you can't understand why they are so positive since your clone is not up to par , thats why you really must pay attention .

If you buy from the likes of EH pro (especially the Kayfun V2 clone ) , Infinite and H.Cigar for example you can expect very high quality regardless of when bought . I don't even like Tobeco , to me there's way too much inconsistency with them .

Just to give you an example why you don't have to spend through the nose , here is someones take on the clone vs authentic :

In comparing this with my authentic one...

I really had to strain to find the differences. In fact, my wallet is sad to admit that most of the differences are positive towards EHPro's version.

This kit comes with an M tank, authentic doesn't. This kit has cleaner threads on the rings and SS tank. The authentic didn't come with a dual screw driver and this one does... The build deck's seem almost identical but EHPro's appears to be machined slightly better.

Last edited:

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
With clones you really got to do your homework , you need to even pay close attention to the different runs and if there are any changes of manufacturer . Pay the utmost attention to the dates of the reviews , thats a big key.

I pay very close attention to the reviews of what i'm interested in and if all the reviews are exceptionally positive i then look at all the dates of them . If the dates are very close to when i am looking to buy i will jump on it .

What that tells me is whoever the manufacturer is , they are putting out great quality clones in that particular run . If you don't pay attention to reviews and the dates of when they were posted you will most likely be taking a big chance since production runs vary quite a bit from one manufacturer to the next.

One will produce fantastic replicas for a short time period of time but then without your knowledge the place your buying from switched manufacturer's and their quality is lower than the last one. If you read the early reviews you can't understand why they are so positive since your clone is not up to par , thats why you really must pay attention .

If you buy from the likes of EH pro (especially the Kayfun V2 clone ) , Infinite and H.Cigar for example you can expect very high quality regardless of when bought . I don't even like Tobeco , to me there's way too much inconsistency with them .

Just to give you an example why you don't have to spend through the nose , here is someones take on the clone vs authentic :

I do agree with you, however in my case after watching youtube videos and complaints mostly about clones, plus looking at fake ads I decided to buy the real Kayfun lite. Believe me I enjoy saving money, but I'll also go out and spend $400.00 on a new Callaway driver.

Here is the SvoëMesto logo:

download.jpg

Here is a fake clone using the svoemesto logo.

$25.84 Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Style Rebuildable Atomizer (4.5ml) - 1:1 clone / stainless steel / PVD coating at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Check out the box and logo on the atty. :(

centurian1

Aug 16, 2014
London
My MVP arrived today together with Aspire nautilus.
Must admit I was surprised at the size of the MVP. After watching all the video reviews and various blog comments stating that it was quite a size to hold; I'd invested in a 24hr body-building course to cope with the anticipated weight. :D Obviously not required and it came fully charged which was a bonus.

Loving it so far. How long does it take to recharge and can it be left on overnight ?

Keirster

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2013
Brandon, Fl
.........@ keir, man that Flagship seems awesome so if it makes ya happy go for it man, i'm tellin ya the Tugboat cln hits like a mad-man and it's a solid RDA i can't believe it's that cheap: peeps must not be hip to it yet! :vapor:

personally i been struggling with the authentic situation since certain clones are excellent and do the job very well, maybe i'll change my mind sooner or later..........but as of now i've found 2 authentic's under 75 that i deem worth-while (1) Super T-Workhorse, (2) Smoketech Fury, these will prob go on my list, the X-Pure RDA is made for the Fury and the combo can be had for 80 bucks @ sweet vapes.....also been seriously considering a back-up MVP....decisions, decisions man it's tough :D

I am gonna get another MVP for a back up as well. Was looking at other devices and non of them compare to our magic box and what you get for that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread