The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

MVR 1.3 Update

Discussion in 'eVic' started by RXDI, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. RXDI

RXDI Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2011
    Tampa
    Google Translate

Looks like some cool new features coming.

- RVW (formerly MVW) now allows **profiles** that can be **ex/imported!** So you can share your favorite Kanger T3 profile with others :) Up to 3 profiles (not sure if for RVV and RVW each) are possible.

- **Stealth Mode!** Now you can tell the eVic to ....ing stay dark while you are vaping. Really, I'm not interested in watching seconds pass by.

- Bugfixes are included, connection problems should be fixed.

- Puff-Counter-Alarm! So if you are afraid of vaping to much set an alarm to stop you at 500 puffs per day. Or timebased for 2000 seconds of vaping per day.

If you are really bored you can check out the linked [Excel sheet that compares the menu for 1.2 with 1.3](http://www.steamo.de/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/evic1.3-UI-130328.xlsx)

Originally Posted By: CWagner on /r/electronic_cigarette

2. SRusackas

SRusackas Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2013
    San Diego, CA
    Link comes up blank. Do you have the original link?

3. hazozita

hazozita Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    It came up for me, but the translation (as expected) is very rough. What I gleaned from it is that:

1. Connection problem of “Evic not found” has been fixed
    2. Additional profiles can be created
    3. Can save and export profiles to share with others
    4. Some additional alarm settings based on puff counts and length of use
    5. A “stealth” mode that keeps the screen blank during use

4. SRusackas

SRusackas Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2013
    San Diego, CA
    Would love it if they let you reverse the up down directions on the dial...

5. Bubba

Bubba Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 3, 2010
    North Carolina
    To me this is one of the evic's biggest advantages, the ability to update/modify/improve on the end user experience. Could probably stand some durability improvements. Mine's still going strong, but I'm also careful with it

6. AnsonJames

AnsonJames Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    I love my Evic but it's severely let down by it's build quality, seen a good few broken top caps and some electronics failures too.
    Firmware updates on a continuing basis are pretty much a moot point when your device is broken

7. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Joyetech has addressed the Head problem. New units have 2 counter sunk screws locking top/bottom plates together. Most electronic issues have come after doing updates. Easy to get a bad download.
    I always recommend, if having issues - Re-download and Re-install firmware. If all else fails - Start from Factory reset.

One of my eVics kept cutting off every few draws. Turned out the Battery I was running kept dipping. Changed and no issues.

8. Bubba

May 3, 2010
    North Carolina
    Yeah, it's not what I'd call sturdy, but most electronics are not. I don't consider the evic more or less fragile than any other electronics that I carry with me daily - phone, tablet, bluetooth, etc. None were meant to be physically abused and live to tell. I know a lot of people hate on the evic because it's not rugged enough, but I think that some are expecting it to be something it's not. At the end of the day, it's a electronic device, and as such lacks any real durability. Would I buy another one if mine broke? Yes. I'd also get another cell phone if I broke mine.

That being said, I'd like to see the new version with improvements made to durability as much as possible. I'd like to see someone develop some kind of case for these, like you have on a cell phone - an otter box for the evic.

I am wondering though, how many do you see that fail due to design flaws rather than human error? Do they tend to be hardware or software failures?

9. AnsonJames

Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    Mainly human error in fairness - broken top caps are the main one, the press fit cap pops out really easily.
    Very thin atty wires mean that they come away from the solder too.
    The electronics failures are starting to appear more and more - resistance and battery levels jumping all over the place, random shut downs and settings/clock info disappearing.

It's not half as bad a some of the newer Vamos, these are arriving out of the gate already broken - seen a ton of those.

10. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Actually I think you would find, using logic, the eVic is much more reliable than those online realize. A high percentage of people that have had an issue will post, some in a rant, and let others know what happened.
    At the same time only a very small percent of people with a good working eVic will ever pass the info along. Many don't even belong to forums and a few can't even understand updating procedures.(one of my buds fits the later)

A few dozen reports have been posted. Mostly user Damage. Tens of thousands of eVics have been sold. So well under 1% issues. Pretty impressive for any manufactured item. Joyetech has also done a decent job of backing eVic for any electronic issue.

11. LazyBulldogge

LazyBulldogge Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 13, 2013
    Kalundborg, Denmark
    Mine's working fine, had it for about a month so far ;) So there's one more for the good guys :D
    Only "bug" I have experienced, is the device shutting off if set too hard onto a table - tried pulling the spring a bit, but a bit worried I'll snap it if I pull it too hard (THE SPRING!). Oh, and for some reason it freezes, if I try to adjust time/date from the Power On menu, but adjusts fine if the device is turned on first.
    That's about it, really happy with it, got it for about 75$ brand-new and battery life is about 3-4 days with my usage (2-3 ml per day, at about 7 Watts).

12. Odysseus

Odysseus Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2013
    N Topsail Beach, NC
    Maybe one of you can answer this. The evic has what I think is ego type threading below the 510 connection It's where you can attach an ego threaded Kanger T3. I want to know if an adapter exists to connect to these ego threads. A 510 on the atomizer end would be preferred. Alternatively, a vendor that sells high quality 510 to 510 adapters would be nice. Every adapter I have purchased so far is junk that the evic spring tip doesn't seem to like. Poor tolerance Chinese junk doesn't fit well together and I'm looking for stronger more precise connections. My evic threads are wearing down.

Is there a general evic forum? Search here on ecf is as bad as Chinese quality control.

13. AnsonJames

Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    Joyetech's after sales service is completely impeccable - try getting Smoktech to honor their warranty, you won't get anywhere.
    They really can't be faulted in this respect.

14. RXDI

RXDI Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2011
    Tampa
    You are in the eVic forum. :unsure:

15. Bubba

May 3, 2010
    North Carolina
    What about if you got it from a co-op? Will they stand behind those as well? Just wondering since that's how I got mine

16. tencentcat

tencentcat Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2010
    denton tx
    I had a button issue that I emailed them about after warranty. They never asked where I got my eVic, but sent me a custom firmware update the next day. I was shocked at how good their service was.

17. mad maori

mad maori Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 29, 2012
    new zealand

i couldnt download update because my mac sofware was too old... on the advice of another ecf member i emailed joyetech and they sent me a download file that would work on my mac... now thats pretty bloody awesome!!!!!!:toast:

18. Ikeprof

Ikeprof Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Mt Clemens, Michigan
    Subscribed for this VERY reason. I am currently running an air flow adaptor (I bought it SOLELY for the ability to have some good solid semi-precise steel threads to screw my drunker tanks into...not using it for airflow control at all). My original Vivi nova tanks became so stripped on the threads after a few weeks on the Evic that they would just pop out. The drunker tanks were going that route too, but I like the features and other aspects of my eVic enough that I needed to somehow give it tighter threads...that was my temporary answer. Will probably buy a new one if they improve the threading on it.

19. pcrdude

pcrdude Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2013
    Me too ;) (the 'other' member)

:D

20. Jeremy Evans

Jeremy Evans Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I would imagine that the threads are a little "looser" to accommodate numerous manufacturers of different devices with different tolerances so you can use other atomizers, clearos or whatever

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.