MVR 1.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikeprof

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2012
Mt Clemens, Michigan
I would imagine that the threads are a little "looser" to accommodate numerous manufacturers of different devices with different tolerances so you can use other atomizers, clearos or whatever

Totally agreed, just in this case I have had 2 different eVic's and neither have the nice precision machined fit that I get with my zMax. I returned the first to the vendor for loose threads and the 2nd one was better but still not even close to the zMax. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the variable wattage profile that I have built and can't see switching to another device, just not happy with the 510 threading.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I dropped mine 15 feet and popped the head off. I misjudged the effectiveness on superglue on an expanding and contracting part and ripped the wires out of their solder points on the control head. No major worries, I had a friend with a precision solder kit and we got her repaired in little time. The connection from the atty port to the electronics head is a weakness. Is this what the poster refers to where screws have been added?

In any event, I have found the electronics to be very dependable and accurate. I like it a great deal and if eVic can beef up the construction just a bit, this can jockey into one of the top device positions.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Totally agreed, just in this case I have had 2 different eVic's and neither have the nice precision machined fit that I get with my zMax. I returned the first to the vendor for loose threads and the 2nd one was better but still not even close to the zMax. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the variable wattage profile that I have built and can't see switching to another device, just not happy with the 510 threading.

A valid complaint! Mine has the same issue with BCC Megas when I try to use the 510 threading. Not a good situation there at all. But not a bad enough issue to keep me from using it, either.

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
Actually I think you would find, using logic, the eVic is much more reliable than those online realize. A high percentage of people that have had an issue will post, some in a rant, and let others know what happened.
At the same time only a very small percent of people with a good working eVic will ever pass the info along. Many don't even belong to forums and a few can't even understand updating procedures.(one of my buds fits the later)

A few dozen reports have been posted. Mostly user Damage. Tens of thousands of eVics have been sold. So well under 1% issues. Pretty impressive for any manufactured item. Joyetech has also done a decent job of backing eVic for any electronic issue.

While all this may be true (though your 1% number's obviously made up, especially since you seem to be counting people who don't come to forums among the "good eVic" people), I can say the two eVics I had were the absolute worst things I've used, reliability-wise. Both dead. Of the over well 20 PVs I've used since I started, only 3 have gone belly-up, and two are eVics.

Then I ripped the head off one just screwing on an atty to take a picture of it, but it was already dead so I guess that doesn't count.

I may be a special case, but considering we're only a few months since the eVic's launch, I wouldn't be crowing about its reliability yet.

Hello World

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2012
Vancouver
does anybody know if the evic will be able to do 6v in this next update?? Just cursious, i dont have much of a need for it, but i feel like if Joyetech update it and gave it 6v then a lot more people will be drawn toward the evic. Love the updates, and mine is still perfect after 4 months with it, havent had a built quality issue ever.
Doubt it, but you never know. Never go above 3.7v myself on any mod. I like VW vaping, so the volts and amps can do their thing ... power comes out all the same ... 11 watts max with the eVic.

Neither have. I've dropped it a number of times thinking it was a goner but it's held surprisingly well.
In 3 days ... 2,100 hours each. :)

Last edited:

razor4432

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Wisconsin
I'm overall very pleased with my eVic. My only gripe is that 2.5amp limit. I really want to try the dual coil cartos but the amp limit really diminishes the performance of them and I just gave up. 1.5 ohm dual coil cartos were ok but still having to take an 8 second draw for an ok amount of vapor was very discouraging. Can't decide right now if I want to get a Vmax/Zmax or save up for a Provari.

Also find that if you set it down a little too hard, the thing shuts off. This is a tad irritating when I'm driving then have to screw around with trying to drive and get the darn thing turned back on.

SRusackas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
San Diego, CA
Also find that if you set it down a little too hard, the thing shuts off. This is a tad irritating when I'm driving then have to screw around with trying to drive and get the darn thing turned back on.

Just stretch the spring out a little in the end cap. Only a little otherwise it's hard to put it back on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread