MVR 1.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarLion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
today i decide to upgrade my evic , install mvr v1.3 everyting looks ok conect my evic the software ask me if i want to upgrade , i click updrade of curse , then the wonderful screen 5% - 10% 35% but when i went to 87% a error window , ok ok dont panic , click ok to close the errow window disconect the evic from the usb cable , close mvr to open it againt and try again but i notice something my evic screen froze the only thing i see is charging / uploading , i decide to remove the battery to reboot the evic , but the evic never turn on again is dead complete dead .......* just 1 week with it and its dead ,... what the hell insted of hell you know what i mean

Last edited:

HPloco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
I get around
today i decide to upgrade my evic , install mvr v1.3 everyting looks ok conect my evic the software ask me if i want to upgrade , i click updrade of curse , then the wonderful screen 5% - 10% 35% but when i went to 87% a error window , ok ok dont panic , click ok to close the errow window disconect the evic from the usb cable , close mvr to open it againt and try again but i notice something my evic screen froze the only thing i see is charging / uploading , i decide to remove the battery to reboot the evic , but the evic never turn on again is dead complete dead .......* just 1 week with it and its dead ,... what the hell insted of hell you know what i mean

This might help.

1- Take off the battery tube.
2- Press the fire button several times
3- (hard part) Set the eVic to the side for about 30 min, in the mean time save a copy of the code.bin file from the HEX folder, this is the 1.x firmware, download the eVic Factory reset code and extract it to the said HEX folder (it will ask you to replace the file allready there, that is why we saved a copy of the 1.x firmware).
4- Open MVR in admin mode, put the battery tube back on.
5- With the fire button pressed plug in the eVic to the computer keep the fire button pressed for about 5 seconds (moment of truth) this puts the eVic in download mode
6- The MVR software should recognize the eVic and you should be able to download the reset code/Upgrade. If not don't continue and contact were you bought it from to see if they can get it replaced.
7- Move the code.bin file (the one we copied from the HEX folder) back to the HEX folder
8- Unplug the eVic (no dont use it just yet, at this point there is no software on it)
9- Plug the evic back in and "update" it again

WarLion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This might help.

1- Take off the battery tube.
2- Press the fire button several times
3- (hard part) Set the eVic to the side for about 30 min, in the mean time save a copy of the code.bin file from the HEX folder, this is the 1.x firmware, download the eVic Factory reset code and extract it to the said HEX folder (it will ask you to replace the file allready there, that is why we saved a copy of the 1.x firmware).
4- Open MVR in admin mode, put the battery tube back on.
5- With the fire button pressed plug in the eVic to the computer keep the fire button pressed for about 5 seconds (moment of truth) this puts the eVic in download mode
6- The MVR software should recognize the eVic and you should be able to download the reset code/Upgrade. If not don't continue and contact were you bought it from to see if they can get it replaced.
7- Move the code.bin file (the one we copied from the HEX folder) back to the HEX folder
8- Unplug the eVic (no dont use it just yet, at this point there is no software on it)
9- Plug the evic back in and "update" it again

thanks
HPloco
actually I was able to restore by doing
1 remove the battery
2 press the fire button
3 while pressing the fire button conect the usb
4 open mvr and click on uprade

after that the evic work perfect with 1.3
there had to be a better way to protect your device when a error happend meaby the mvr had to make a test before actually flashing the firm not sure but that was awfull imagine how many people with not forum expierence got a evic and just think the evic die in his hand

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

weisner

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
Costa Mesa, CA
Upgraded today, not sure if I like it yet. No problems with the upgrade process and bonus I don't have to install the software every time I want to use it to connect to the eVic. I like the stealth mode and the added configuration of the home screen. Also more custom values always a bonus when you can choose custom values. Overall eVic experience has been good.

I didn't expect to go past 5V or 11W, although controlled by software it is unlikely the hardware can do it consistently and would increase the rate of failure. VII of the eVic or eVIIc will likely have the improved performance. They are clearly listening to us.

Evaravenspell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
KL, Malaysia
Anyone know when the Mac version of MVR v1.3 will be released?

I'd like to know this as well. I'm curious to how much they improved or downgraded in the new firmware. I wish they could just release both at the same time. :facepalm:

Ditto! I need the mac version as well! But i was lucky that my other half is using a PC~ But i still wanna update my details and sort and play around with the software. Yeah they really should have released both together :|

Killowatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Florida
Norton Anti-virus is showing malware/virus in the v1.3 download file from the Joyetech site. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, I got a malware program today when I downloaded 1.3. Ran Malwarebytes to find it and remove. Now running a 2nd time in safe mode to be sure it's gone. Will email Joytech of this when I'm done.

GS3 with Tapatalk 2

Bubba

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2010
North Carolina
Not yet, but it seems Malwarebytes removed it. The scan in safe mode showed nothing, after my first scan. Go to cnet.com to download malwarebytes.

I did a test of my own and got the same results. Already had Malwarebytes, so good to go there. Be anxious to hear what they say - keep us posted

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Is it naive of me to hope that Joyetech will just release an updated control head?
Hopefully sub $70.....

I didn't expect to go past 5V or 11W, although controlled by software it is unlikely the hardware can do it consistently and would increase the rate of failure. VII of the eVic or eVIIc will likely have the improved performance. They are clearly listening to us.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Yeah I saw that. Interesting, and I'll probably give it a shot.
I'm sorta hoping for a new control head that retains the (extremely nifty, to me) OLED display
but increases the voltage and wattage headroom. And maybe a more secure control rocker/ring/dohickey.
And hell, maybe changeable display colors?
I'm just daydreaming, so why not?
:p

Bubba

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2010
North Carolina
I'll be honest, I really wish more devices came with the pass through capability. To me, it's a MAJOR benefit of the eVic. I like that I don't have to remove the battery to charge it. What would make it perfect is if I could plug it into any computer (even those without MVR) and have it charge. Of course, I can always use a car charger or wall charger to achieve this, but sadly I spend too much time in front of these glowing rectangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread