Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
Hey Stormi, you can't have this one.... remember, this 3 "aa" box was a freebie that Hoogie threw in with my order at madvapes....... I'm afraid I don't even own it! Hoogie could say at any time that he wants this box back. I plan on telling him it's all melted and chit.;)

And MadVapes is presently sold out of the black 3 "aa" boxes but waiting for more any day. The white ones would show paint better.... and the transparent blue ones could be painted.... put an LED inside.... etch the paint with a design.... gloss and voila! Beautiful mod ability! I can't wait to get some of those!

Dave_uk, any luck in the search for fittings and tubing? I want to measure these parts and put up better pictures and info when I get the chance. Until we locate these where everyone could easily buy them, people can rig up their own tubing contraptions though.

Petercro, thank you so much for the info. I have been in the experiment mode on three different regulators on the Nico-Drip V1. I know the small LDO that Madvapes carries works and I had it fitting in the small area available... but it holds much more potential than what is needed in this Nico-Drip V1 to protect the switch. I may reserve them for the 5volt coming up.

D2Pak, LDO 5 volt, 3.0 amp regulator with control pin

I decided to go with this one from DigiKey because in my research, it is the most recommended by those I trust (by lurking their posts).

Digi-Key - IRLU3114ZPBF-ND (Manufacturer - IRLU3114ZPBF)

I have it hooked up and running and will put it through stringent testing by vaping until I'm dizzy for the next week. Ah, the sacrifices we modders must make for our art!

Then I will put up pictures with a simple schematic for those like me on the "Journey of MOSFET".... so they will not have as hard a time locating info as I did for a 3.7 volt tactile switch protecting MOSFET.

Last week I tried soldering the MOSFET you linked in your post, the Texas Instruments CSD16325Q5C. I was thrilled at how well it was going actually! Everything all set and looking good..... then......... one last connection and my solder did this........ :evil:

It was very sad and the air was riddled with obscenities. :oops:

My next nights off, I will try another.... only this time with piece of circuit board I got from MadVapes. Then I will see which one will be the chosen for my tiny Nico-Drip V1. Which one fits in the best and works the best. From what I've read, apparently those two are equal to each other but, of course, the Digi-Key IRLU3114ZPBF is a bit larger and much easier to work with.

MOSFETtest.jpg

Edit to add: To avoid any confusion. These MOSFETs would only be needed in the Nico-Drip V1 not the version 2

Last edited:

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Found loads of stuff using google, far to many to list at the moment but I'll try and sort it out.

The days of 5v are now numbered, as low resistance attys working at 3.7 volts can give better results.
And what are those 'better results'? Less watts, consistency and durability?

The LR atties are turning out to quite short lived, and using them on an unregulated battery means every puff is weaker than the next. A 5V mod made with either a high quality TI regulator or booster means a nice long consistent vape. First, middle, last... always the same. And if you've read some of the 510 post many folks don't even like the like the power a Joye 2.2Ω atty provides opting for the high ohm imitations instead.

Nice work dreams n chains. :cool:

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
Leannebug, I want to thank you for those links. :)
If I ever find some time, I will check them out.

I am actually looking into eventually becoming a "supplier" in order to sell some mods to people and have a short list I've started for whenever that time comes. If you still want one by then... you are on the list! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I asked and I would have to become a supplier here at ECF even to simply sell 4 mods per month. No problem, there are reasons for such rules. What concerns me is the how-tos not getting out but possibly being hidden in other forum areas and not this Modders Forum where they would be most beneficial.

And any "list" may have to stop there. What I would like to do is make a few a month and put them up for sale which keeps with high quality. I've so many ideas that I just have not had the time to get to yet........ I'd like to continue to create new mods. For instance... the 5 volt Nico-Drip that I am working on presently... followed by the 3.7 volt new model Nico-Drip V1..... and there remains the duel juice flavor 5 volt Nico-Drip...... Oh my, but I just absolutely love modding! Too bad I have to keep my night job. Need to hit the Lotto.

I wanted to put up this picture of a comparison of a regular tire valve stem with the brass fitting I've got in my mods... for anyone interested.

valvecomp.jpg

Very closely match each other. However, I do not think it would be easily possible to actually modify a valve stem to work for what we need. Would be very hard to drill precisely. But, dang, they would make great parts! I do not recommend anyone waste money in buying these. I already cut one apart and looked it over and it's not something I would do.

Tomorrow I will post the secrets that can be found inside the dropper tip on the 3ml bottles... that cannot be found on any other dropper bottles. That may be the answer, right there, for some people to create a detachable tubing assembly on their Nico-Drips. It is probably the set-up I would've used if I didn't have these brass pieces.

Empty 3ml Bottle without Childproof cap

Anyone with any brass tubing/connector links, please share! We'll find something eventually.

The how-to is on it's way... I promise! I just haven't had the time and there is also the problem being that I totally changed the switch location after the Nico-Drip V2 was finished and the how-to pictures were taken. I have just received my order of more 3 "AA" boxes from MadVapes and plan on starting to make some of these for whenever I do become a "supplier" and allowed to sell...... so....... I can take better pictures that will fall in with the actual Nico-Drip V2 at the beginning of this thread.

Here is what it first looked like.... until I re-modded the mod! I later decided to change the location of the switch and change the color to my beloved Pearl Purple. The paint job was terrible anyhow.... guess because I knew I wanted it purple. And the details still needed refined.

nico-dripv2.jpg

nico-dripv2but.jpg

So.... you can imagine...... the "how-to" pictures would not be consistent with the final result you see at the beginning of this thread. There-in lies the problem and how-to hold-up.

I've opened a second album inside the Nico-Drip album at Photobucket and I might just stick the pictures I have in there if anyone wants? Photobucket links would be all messed up if I were to change anything.

Reminder.... I will be posting the how-to in this thread and at MadVapes How-To site at:

MadVapes e-Cig 'How To' Tutorials • Index page

And that should clean up any confusion. :thumb:

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
I knew someone was gonna beat me to the pink with hearts request....although black with hearts could be nice too...:)

Maureen

I'll take PINK w/hearts!! and I live somewhere near your brother appearantly. That's gotta count for something! :lol:

or nothing.. gave it a shot ;)
Seriously, where do I sign up? :)

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
OMG Draems, you must have ESP or sumptin! I was thinking about putting 2 bottles in that 3 AA box I have!! Great minds...LOL Love it!! Where'd you get the valve? Looks sweet!
I just got some reaaaal small tubing from a friend with an insulin pump, gonna try it out when I get a chance, might be too small but worth a try.
Still waiting for that "how to"!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...come on Girl! LOL

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
Thank you, traderdan! :)
I'm kind of shocked more people aren't interested in it.... it's a strong little unit.

I would advise anyone who is making one of these to take it very seriously and do it like you want it. This will last you a long time. Mine has been dropped a few times and nothing happened except the battery door flew off. My poor little Nico-Drip V1 was even puppy chewed last week (will take pics) but it's fine other than teeth marks. The battery boxes may appear fragile before you mod them..... but afterwards..... they are stronger than the janty stick.

Stormi, behave yourself! As if you need a how-to..... Ha! :rolleyes:

Here is the example I promised regarding the dropper tip out of the 3ml dropper bottles:

droprtiptips.jpg

Just something to keep in mind. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread