Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
LOL. Fine, since we're 180° apart, I think the RTE Red Cherry is nice. Don't buy it.

That is VERY useful information LOL.

I'm thinking that these sorts of fruit/tobacco mixes are entirely dependent on the specific brand flavorings used. As I mentioned, I really like Orange Blossom, Blackberry Burley, and Currant. But I also have a bottle of a NET peach blend that I've been trying to get through for at least a couple of years. So my likes on the real things don't always carry over to juice.

Reactions: newyork13

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I think we could use each other for juice recommendations, but 180 degrees out of phase. So far, whatever I really like you don't, and from what I can see vice versa. :)

So it might be strange for someone who doesn't care for sweetness that I heartily agree with Blackberry Burley and Orange Blossom Honey. Yes, they have some sweetness but the flavors and the tobacco really complement each other and neither stands out over the other.

Just on a whim, I got some Black Currant and was amazed I liked it so much. It's always been in stock here ever since. I like cherry flavors, but everything I've tried at NET and other places is just way too chemical tasting or else too subtle for me.

It's not a NET, but Nata is an interesting juice. It's named after a Portugese apricot tart. It's not the nasty apricot that most juices use, and I don't always pick up the bakery component. I think the only seller anywhere nearby is in Canada so it takes an effort to buy it.

And hey, I started out on topic regarding NETs so disregard that previous paragraph if needed.

It’s funny. My relationship with NETs has been up and down for a while now.

I am finding that what makes a difference for me is not whether the NET is flavoured or straight tobacco, because I like both, but how fresh it is and how it was created.

I think NET manufacturers keep extracts around too long, for years in some cases, as though to ignore the fact that PG and VG has a shelf life of 18 months max. There is a notion that NET extracts and juices get better and better with age but I don’t buy into that. I think the peak at 3-4 months and then gradually deteriorate.

I find that heat maceration also shortens the life of NETs inherently because heating PG and VG to above 37 degrees degrades the solvents and while they may taste good for a while their life cycle will diminish rapidly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
It’s funny. My relationship with NETs has been up and down for a while now.

I am finding that what makes a difference for me is not whether the NET is flavoured or straight tobacco, because I like both, but how fresh it is and how it was created.

I think NET manufacturers keep extracts around too long, for years in some cases, as though to ignore the fact that PG and VG has a shelf life of 18 months max. There is a notion that NET extracts and juices get better and better with age but I don’t buy into that. I think the peak at 3-4 months and then gradually deteriorate.

I find that heat maceration also shortens the life of NETs inherently because heating PG and VG to above 37 degrees degrades the solvents and while they may taste good for a while their life cycle will diminish rapidly.

There are few constants in life, but one I think is the strongest is that every vaper enjoys different things, different devices, and different methods.

I can honestly state that I've never had an NET deteriorate over time. In 90% of the cases, they seem to mellow and get even better. I'm talking about juices I've vaped (and am vaping) 2-4 years after they were made. For instance, I bought a lot of RBFS during the closeout and only finished off the bottles a few months ago. And the same goes for MVJ. I bought loads of her extracts and there are some bottles I've just started mixing up and they have all been excellent, with flavor as good as or better than the finished juices I bought back in the day.

I vape MTL and lower power so it takes me a long time to go through a bottle of juice. If I look at my stash, there will be a lot of bottles that are years old which I still vape when the mood strikes me.

It's entirely possible that I have defective taste buds. But for me, even the juice from N.E.T doesn't come into its own until at least 6 months later. And it used to bother me when I'd be vaping a juice that was the color of mahogany or walnut. But I've come to accept that for me, the juice is going to be fine regardless.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Hey everyone I need to place an order for some nets for the first time. I diy a lot and have heard stixx mix is alright but I wouldn't mind some pre mixed black note is to expensive for me and I like ry4 type tobaccos and Virginia/burley I dont like very woody tobaccos any recommendations for some equity nets at a good price ?

Reactions: AnthonyB

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
There are few constants in life, but one I think is the strongest is that every vaper enjoys different things, different devices, and different methods.

I can honestly state that I've never had an NET deteriorate over time. In 90% of the cases, they seem to mellow and get even better. I'm talking about juices I've vaped (and am vaping) 2-4 years after they were made. For instance, I bought a lot of RBFS during the closeout and only finished off the bottles a few months ago. And the same goes for MVJ. I bought loads of her extracts and there are some bottles I've just started mixing up and they have all been excellent, with flavor as good as or better than the finished juices I bought back in the day.

I vape MTL and lower power so it takes me a long time to go through a bottle of juice. If I look at my stash, there will be a lot of bottles that are years old which I still vape when the mood strikes me.

It's entirely possible that I have defective taste buds. But for me, even the juice from N.E.T doesn't come into its own until at least 6 months later. And it used to bother me when I'd be vaping a juice that was the color of mahogany or walnut. But I've come to accept that for me, the juice is going to be fine regardless.

That’s fascinating. I purchased many of Diane’s (MVJ) extracts in her liquidation sale before she closed up shop and I found they were all ordinary and some seemed to be a bit old. I purchased liters of those extracts and spent days mixing them. I went through a rigorous sampling process and found they were all either flavorless or tasted a bit off.

It’s fascinating to hear your experiences have varied. I wonder if it was me. Maybe I didn’t them correctly or went through a strange period of not liking NETs. Maybe it was because I put her extracts in the fridge. In 2016 I lost litres of juice I had been storing in my fridge including a big order from River Bottom Fog Sauce which was tragic because I stockpiled it when they were close to discontinuing.

I also have vaped juice as old as 3-4 years and it’s been just fine in many cases, not all cases though.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Hey everyone I need to place an order for some nets for the first time. I diy a lot and have heard stixx mix is alright but I wouldn't mind some pre mixed black note is to expensive for me and I like ry4 type tobaccos and Virginia/burley I dont like very woody tobaccos any recommendations for some equity nets at a good price ?

Try naturally-extracted-Tobacco.net

They have a massive range of NETs and you can find anything you want from straight cigar or cigarette NETs to flavoured NETs. Prices are reasonable as well. Allow a few extra days for shipping.

• Agree

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
897df09b567cdaf66164bec7756ba2f5.jpg

My first NET.com in 2 1/2 years has arrived!

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Surely you'll tell us what the multitude of bottles are!

My last order had a couple of new flavors for me.
Coconut Cavendish, delicious if you like coconut.
Air cured blackberry burley: very nice.
I'll get both again.

Can’t you see the labels? Lol

So far I’ve tried Forsaken and Gold and both are surprisingly good! I’m so glad I didn’t get extra extract. I am enjoying the default mix ratio of extract to solvent.

I suppose if I had any qualm at all It would be that 9mg nicotine strength is a touch weak for my Evods, K2 and aerotank. I am missing the pepperyness of the NETs at 18 mg or even 12mg.

I either spike them up in nicotine or vape them in higher wattage MTL devices.

• Agree

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I am finding the NET.com liquids better this time around from my 2016-2017 order. There is still a bit of hit and miss in there. Some are muddy or murky, undefined and leave a strange residue flavour on my tongue but some are wonderful.

I think some could do with some steeping and maybe once they steep there will be some clarity and better definition in the juices.

I almost forgot how much gunk NETs have. I would say that to vape optimally coils needs to be changed everyday.

I am still sampling through my large order. The notable ones so far are Forsaken, Big Spirit, Turkish/Izmir. I still have only tried half of my order so I want to try the rest and then go through them all again after a steep.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I am finding the NET.com liquids better this time around from my 2016-2017 order. There is still a bit of hit and miss in there. Some are muddy or murky, undefined and leave a strange residue flavour on my tongue but some are wonderful.

I think some could do with some steeping and maybe once they steep there will be some clarity and better definition in the juices.

I almost forgot how much gunk NETs have. I would say that to vape optimally coils needs to be changed everyday.

I am still sampling through my large order. The notable ones so far are Forsaken, Big Spirit, Turkish/Izmir. I still have only tried half of my order so I want to try the rest and then go through them all again after a steep.

I'm thinking that you have much more refined taste buds than I do. So take what I say with a grain of salt - I can't think of a single NET.com juice that has not improved (sometimes remarkably so) after a steep of 6 months or so. I've gotten used to making my orders in view of that - not that the stuff isn't pretty good to begin with, but just buying a quantity that I'll have some left when that period has elapsed.

And my standard procedure is no more than one refilll after a fresh wick. I don't use skyscraper tanks - always the shorter, the better. Though a lot of the time towards the end of the second tank I feel that flavor has fallen off, I don't want to dump the juice and rewick.

Everyone vapes differently, but one constant is that this juice we enjoy brings its own challenges.

getalab

Aug 19, 2019
Batesville Ms
My first diy supplies start trickling in today. First experiment is with SM extracts, A+, aged burley, am Virginia, ky Virginia, oriental 456, Turkish oriental, and yenidge oriental.
Have some flavors (mint/menthol) from VT, peppermint, cool flavoring, Menthol, and Sam mint. I plan on diluting these a little.
I smoked marb menthols for years, and enjoy vaping BN Solo now. My goal is simply find another flavor I like.
Also have a synthetic pak coming from Bullcity to compare with the nets.
Any suggestions much appreciated.

Last edited:

Walter Ladd

Multiple ID Suspension
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2018
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Well, with Deeming about to put the hurt on vaping, it leaves the future of NETs in a perilous conundrum. Not certain what these vendors will do. I suspect closing down will be a serious consideration. Maybe it’s possible to sell extract only (not sure how legal that would be). But that certainly wont leave much of a customer base for them. Perhaps they give us one last chance to load up on the extract for us DIYers. Truthfully, I’m not certain how long extract can last for. Freezing has to help. How much I do not know.

Reactions: GeekyGeezer

Black wings

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2019
Wlts UK
Ah well................very quiet. I miss the good old days on this thread. This is goodbye I guess.
Been away as I've been sorting out my grandfather's estate but chin up all.
Plenty of fine net liquids from drakes, red, el Toro and masterful new tobacco desert blends appearing from manabush here. Christmas pow wow is awesome. Get your orders over to your brother's in the UK.
We'll see you through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread