Not open for further replies.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
So I took the tobacco out of 2 Black and Mild cigars, put them in a Ball jar with 60 mil. 50pg -50vg and steeped two weeks. Filtered with coffee filters 5 times to yield about 30 mil. Wow is it dark. Taste tests awesomely. Just like it smells. Did I mention it is DARK? I see other NET's a nice amber color. Man it is dark. Tasty but... Coil killed dark. Dilution reduces the flavor too much. Coments - sugestions?

Sounds like you are vaping the extract ?! Usually the extract you get from your filtering process is mixed with PG, VG and nicotine.

The proportion of extract used in the final ready to vape juice is often said to be best between 15-25%.

Is this why your final ready to vape juice is so dark?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
Sounds like you are vaping the extract ?! Usually the extract you get from your filtering process is mixed with PG, VG and nicotine.

The proportion of extract used in the final ready to vape juice is often said to be best between 15-25%.

Well I thought I was making extract as well. However any dilution and the mixture looses its flavor dramatically.

Hello!

Just got really into NETs by testing the Black Note set recently, and damn, I love it, Sonata is great, but pricewise it's too costly to use it as a longterm daily juice. Besides Black note I used Trabucos Blackstar as my daily tho.

Didn't go back all pages, so if someone experienced could name me some equal, but cheaper alternatives with quite the same taste as the Black Note Sonata I would be very thankful.

The Trabuco Blackstar is still one of my favorites, but I am having the problem that they only sell it with 100VG here in the EU, couldn't find 50/50. I used to add 1/3 of 100PG nic shots, so it's 33/66 PGVG, that's okay, but I'd like to have it 45/55 at least, I'm afraid that more PG would thin out the taste.

The Trabuco Blackstar is Virgina Blend with Honey Graham Cracker flavor, sweet but not too sweet, really like it, so if someone happen to have great 50/50 NET with a decent honey flavor in mind, I'd appreciate to know the name!

Thanks!

Reactions: AnthonyB

Walter Ladd

Multiple ID Suspension
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2018
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
@Walter Ladd
Thanks, this seems to be a great choice, a huge stack of flavors to pick from, prices seem way cheaper if I am not mistaken? $36 + DIY base for 100ml ready-to-vape-liquids seems nice compared to the 90 Euros I have to pay for 10x10ml Black Note here in Germany? Anyway, I guess I need to do the math since I have to pay 19% import taxes and if value higher than EUR 150 I have to pay additional customs tax at unknown percentage... I'll have a look into tho.

So, EU sold NETs are actually prefered :)

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Well I thought I was making extract as well. However any dilution and the mixture looses its flavor dramatically.

It's normal to mix the extract after you've macerated it with PG and VG somewhere around a 15-25% mix of concentrate and 75-85% PG,VG and nicotine.

The extract is what is commonly called a concentrate. It's a concentrate because it ends up being heavily saturated with the flavour and the Microparticles of the tobacco that was extracted. When a concentrate is vaped without dilution it tends to be too strong and the flavour can sometimes be a bit muddy and overpowering. Another effect of vaping the concentrate is the gunking of coils.

With dilution after the extraction and filtering process is complete, the flavour is balanced a bit and the nuances in the tobacco can have more clarity. It also reduces the rate of gunking.

A few years ago, one NET vendor was selling NETs without diluting them at all. The flavour was murky and they couldn't be vaped in anything but a mesh coil setup for MTL.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Hello!

Just got really into NETs by testing the Black Note set recently, and damn, I love it, Sonata is great, but pricewise it's too costly to use it as a longterm daily juice. Besides Black note I used Trabucos Blackstar as my daily tho.

Didn't go back all pages, so if someone experienced could name me some equal, but cheaper alternatives with quite the same taste as the Black Note Sonata I would be very thankful.

The Trabuco Blackstar is still one of my favorites, but I am having the problem that they only sell it with 100VG here in the EU, couldn't find 50/50. I used to add 1/3 of 100PG nic shots, so it's 33/66 PGVG, that's okay, but I'd like to have it 45/55 at least, I'm afraid that more PG would thin out the taste.

The Trabuco Blackstar is Virgina Blend with Honey Graham Cracker flavor, sweet but not too sweet, really like it, so if someone happen to have great 50/50 NET with a decent honey flavor in mind, I'd appreciate to know the name!

Thanks!

Hi Odie,

Try Naturally-Extracted-Tobacco.com. (NET.com) They used to be a powerhouse of the NET world for a few years and based on their reviews are still selling good quality juices. At their best, they were incomparable. There was no need to buy from any other vendor. Their juices where that good and the price is almost half of that from RealExtracts.com and Black Note.

I have found their latest offerings hit and miss so don't over-invest initially and put in a small order just to make sure their juices are still fresh.

That said, you really can't go wrong with NET.com.

They have a wide array of Virginia based NETs which be found in their pipe tobacco section and varietals section.

There are also plenty of hybrid NETs which have a combination of NETs with flavourings. I am sure they have one or two which are a hybrid of Virginia and graham cracker flavour.

For your craving for a honey based tobacco, NET.com have a juice called honey blossom or orange blossom. I am on an iphone and find it hard to navigate their website on it so have a look. The descriptions for each juice are informative.

I could be wrong but I think the juice called mystique or Storm is a combination of tobacco and graham cracker.

Last edited:

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I am vaping the Old Tymey by Real Extracts and it's great! I've had it sitting around for a year so it's had a lot of time to steep. To be honest I thought it might have been off by now but it's just fine.

It tastes like an old fashioned cigarette with a hay like quality. It's got an old world charm about it.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Hey, new to this thread. I've been doing diy tobacco flavors for over a year, and recently tried some NET flavorings from Stixx Mixx, and they're pretty great. Getting near the point of needing to order again, and found this thread. It seems most of it is about ready to vape juice (but then I haven't scratched the surface of 761 pages), and wondering if any of you can recommend good NET flavoring from companies other than SM or N.E.T. ? Just thought I might try another brand if there's something worthwhile out there.

@AnthonyB
Thanks a mil, I'll check it out, sounds promising, hopefully I can find an EU vendor to avoid high shipping costs and taxes...

@Brewdawg1181 pretty much in the same boat, as said, in the NET area I just tried Black Note (5 flavors) and Trabuco (just 1 flavor, the Blackstar, because they don't sell any other flavor in the EU), but I can recommend both, Black Note is really good imo, but pretty expensive...

Did anybody try Drake's E-liquids? UK made NET, reasonable prices, might give them a try..

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
@AnthonyB
Thanks a mil, I'll check it out, sounds promising, hopefully I can find an EU vendor to avoid high shipping costs and taxes...

@Brewdawg1181 pretty much in the same boat, as said, in the NET area I just tried Black Note (5 flavors) and Trabuco (just 1 flavor, the Blackstar, because they don't sell any other flavor in the EU), but I can recommend both, Black Note is really good imo, but pretty expensive...

Did anybody try Drake's E-liquids? UK made NET, reasonable prices, might give them a try..
Thanks, Odie. Tried only one of Black Note's, and it was given to me. Wasn't my style (Quartet- piney & spicy) , but I'm sure I'd like others, from what I've read.

But I'm actually looking for the flavorings, to make my own. Stixx Mixx is great, and very economical compared to N.E.T., but looking for other NETs to diy with.

Last edited:

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Thanks, Odie. Tried only one of Black Note's, and it was given to me. Wasn't my style (Quartet- piney & spicy) , but I'm sure I'd like others, from what I've read.

But I'm actually looking for the flavorings, to make my own. Stixx Mixx is great, and very economical compared to N.E.T., but looking for other NETs to diy with.

Try Real Extracts. They are up there with the best.

Reactions: Brewdawg1181

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA

How did your cigar extract turn out?

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
How did your cigar extract turn out?

Ordinary it seems. Cigars are difficult and very hit and miss. I think that only few cigars lend themselves to an extraction that is a pleasurable and flavoursome vape.

Cigars with infusions seem to produce a better extraction. Infusions like Drew Estates Kuba Kuba and The Blond are good examples.

I think cigars with leather, nutmeg, cinnamon or spicy notes fare better to.

I also think maduros and cigars with rich wrappers and fillers are important.

Broadleaf connecticuts, Nicaraguan fillers and cigars that are made of blended tobaccos for high volume cheap cigarillos are much less likely to produce a good vape.

If a cigar doesn't have much of a scent I don't expect it to turn out into a good extract.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Ordinary it seems. Cigars are difficult and very hit and miss. I think that only few cigars lend themselves to an extraction that is a pleasurable and flavoursome vape.

Cigars with infusions seem to produce a better extraction. Infusions like Drew Estates Kuba Kuba and The Blond are good examples.
I also think maduros and cigars with rich wrappers and fillers are important.

Broadleaf connecticuts, Nicaraguan fillers and cigars that are made of blended tobaccos for high volume cheap cigarillos are much less likely to produce a good vape.

If a cigar doesn't have much of a scent I don't expect it to turn out into a good extract.

Some good points to consider before extracting

Reactions: AnthonyB

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

I have a hybrid DIY for Castle Long for the E juice me up blending calculator if anyone is interested.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I have a hybrid DIY for Castle Long for the E juice me up blending calculator if anyone is interested.
I've heard of that one a few times, and people spoke very highly of it. But I looked it up: Kentucky Bourbon, accented with toasted coconut, roasted almond, Madagascar vanilla bean, and laced with a caramelized brown sugar.
I'm just a boring, straight ahead tobacco kind of guy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread