Need immediate help chosing

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnglas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So....long story short I bought a cascade plus that was defective. Leaked all of the juice out overnight. Then when I tried to tighten it it fell apart in my hand. So they gave me the vaporesso armour, the worried me because of the same weird tank. So when today and they gave me a vaporesso
Luxe in copper. Pretty nice device, however it requires 2 high powered batteries and a battery charger and is kind of bulky even though it looks cool. Tomorrow I am meeting with the district manager of the store (Avail Vapor) and I think they will change it out for me. I’m not sure what to get because everything I picked in a reasonable price range they all said was “garbage”. I am a mouth to lung vapor if that helps. I want a good mod but don’t want to break the bank. With this luxe one they were saying I needed 2 sets of batteries and a charger because I cannot charge the 2 batteries I bought with the charger that came with it. They said it would ruin the rather expensive to me mod. Ive been vaping for almost 5 years now but I sincerely like plug and vape. I do like sub ohm because of the throat hit which is he most important part to me. I went from the cascade plus which was fine if it worked correctly but every time I go back all they do is up sell me and trash every mod I pick. I don’t mind box mods I have 2 do them but the only require one battery and I just charge them in the mod. I know it’s their job to upsell but 2 batteries seems much especially since they don’t come with them. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
It isn't always easy finding devices to suit you and some Vape Shops do try to sell people stuff which doesn't suit them but may be "flavour of the month"; there is indeed here in Scotland a chain that does that.

I MTL; I started with a Nautilus Mini and a 30w iStick; that combo suited me just fine and has never let me down.

I now have five of these tanks and I'm in no hurry to change. I'd recommend them yet to anyone but I'm sure there are other more modern systems that would also work well for you.

With a bit of luck others will come up with recommendations and you can research them too so you are armed with info when you go back.

Good luck!

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello nnglas, so at the moment you've got a Vaporesso Luxe kit with Skrr tank. Am I correct?

If so, I have the same and have been using it for some time now, and can assure you that the tank does not suffer leaks apart from the condensation of vapour and it can use GT core coils as well. GT mesh produces a lot of vapour, I use CCell 0.5 ohm myself and get a fair few weeks out of a coil.

It isn't a bad kit at all and is suited well to sub ohm vaping due to being a dual battery mod. As sub ohm vaping does use charge very quickly.

You will need an external charger, as this is the most safest and effective way to charge lithium ion batteries. If you want to reduce the cost as much as possible, get a simple but decent 2 slot charger. Something like the xtar vp2 or simpler, always consider asking the forums for ideas and places to buy from.

When it comes to batteries though, Samsung or LG. As they have some of the best CDR's (Constant Discharge Ratings), this relates to how many amps that the battery can provide constantly. You don't want to be using the maximum and you definitely don't want to exceeded it, otherwise very bad things will happen eventually. Like this.

mooch is well known in the community when it comes to batteries and battery safety, and has tested batteries and produced a list of batteries that are available and their suitability for vaping.

And I'm sure that if you need a place in the US to order any batteries from, if you ask on the forums I'm sure that someone can give you the name of a reputable dealer with reasonable prices.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
And I'm sorry, forgot to mention that you will need 4 batteries. So you can have 2 in your mod and 2 charged and ready for when your ones in the mod run out of usable charge.

And also thank you for letting me know that they still haven't sorted out the Cascade range of tanks, I have one of the original ones and it too can leak like a sieve even if it does vape well.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Good thing about mods and tanks with 510 connectors is, that you can swap and change on the fly to your liking.

Also nnglas, I don't know if you are aware of fasttech? It's a webstore based in China with a ton of vaping gear available at reasonable prices. You have to wait a while for stuff to get you, but shipping is free.

They even do clones / copys of high end rebuildables at very reasonable prices.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I do like sub ohm because of the throat hit which is the most important part to me.
"Throat hit" comes primarily from the nic concentration of the e-liquid. You may need to step up your nic concentration a step or two.

There's a large number of single battery mods which might suit your preference better. Decide whether you want your mod to use an internal battery or external battery.

Internal Battery (Lipo) or External Batteries (18650)? Which type is right for you?

lipo-or-18650_large.jpg

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

The type of draw technique you prefer determines which type of tank you should choose. MTL is a more restricted draw like a cigarette. DTL is a looser draw like sucking on a straw.

The previously mentioned Kroma A starter setup comes with an excellent mouth to lung tank, the Innokin Zenith.

The Geekvape Min Aegis comes with the Cerberus tank, which is a DTL tank but can be adjusted for a MTL draw.

Both of the above mods are 80 watt 2200 mAh and use an internal battery.

Last edited:

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2018
Cumbria
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I am a DL vaper, so feel free to take the following with a pinch of salt, just my :2c:.
  1. If what they are selling is "garbage", are they intending to go into partnership with Gerald Ratner? They don't seem proud of their product line or quality. A broken mod is one thing, but what else are they selling that falls into the same category? Once you get your replacement, I'd look for another supplier. They could just be trying to upsell you, but either way, that statement doesn't fill me with confidence. Their eyes appear to be focused on your CC rather than your needs. (Gerald Ratner's 'crap' comment haunts jewellery chain: from the archive, 22 August 1992)
  2. The other mods you have, are the batteries sealed inside the body or are they removable? If it is the former, it is fine to charge them with a USB or the supplied adapter. The latter are best charged with a separate charger for a number of reasons. The Luxe falls into that category, and while you can "plug and vape" with it, it is generally frowned upon. As you say, it is a great mod, (I have one myself), but it takes a bit more maintenance than a tube mod. What it gives you in flexibility, looks and functionality, you loose in weight, and convenience. It is probably less rugged than a tube style sealed "plug and go" mod, which would probably survive a few drops on the floor and maybe just needing a new tank if it landed badly.
  3. A lot of this comes down to your vaping style, what wattage you are running at, how much you like the flavour from the Cascade plus tank etc. This tank is not interchangeable across mods, and you haven't said what you are using with the Luxe. The original Cascade (not the Plus) allowed you to swap tanks out, something you can do with the Luxe, which you may or may not be able to do with other tube style mods. If you want to move up the vaping ladder, a box mod might be right for you if you want to make the investment. It will give you more options, possibly even more battery life, if you are running at a low wattage. The Cascade has a 3000mah battery, finding something with a similar life in a tube style sealed mod will limit your choices somewhat.
  4. Based on your main priority (plug and go), I'd suggest a hybrid, like the Geekvape Aegis Mini. It is rugged, not too bulky and it will take the knocks, has a fast charge facility, and gives you a choice of tanks. It is only slightly more expensive than the Cascade, albeit at a slightly lower battery capacity. If battery capacity is critical, the OBS cube has the same capacity as the Cascade, but going on Geekvapes reputation for indestructible mods, I'd be willing to sacrifice battery life for durability. Other than that, you are left with tube mods like the Smok stick P25. Same capacity as the Cascade, same plug and vape concept, but some would raise build quality concerns. The big downside with these style of mods over the Luxe is once the battery dies (and it will), it is bin food.
HTH, and you get sorted.

nnglas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi Guys

Thanks for all the suggestions. I previously had 2 Oceanus’. They both came with batteries and I would just leave one on the charger and switch mods each morning. Well the people at the store said that was bad. Anyway, I left one of them when I went out of town some I needed to get something new anyway and was sold the Cascade Plus, limited edition or whatever. It vaped fine how it leaked out all the liquid overnight. I tried to tighten it and while thing fell apart in my hand. I took it back and the said that the o’ring wasn’t in it properly but the fixed it. After about a week or 2 changed the coil and it leaked again. The shop says that it’s a complicated tank and that why I was having so many problems. They exchanged and up sold me the Armour, has the same tank....went back they up sold me the Luxe. The biggest problem with the Luxe is that seems a lot of work for me. They friend to sell me extra batteries and battery chargers and it just seems like a HUGE investment for “A” something I paid $50 bucks for that was defective and “B” now something they want to sell me even more stuff to maintain it. They are willing to switch it out but that is what has me gun shy. Everything I tried to pick out that was reasonable was “junk”. They won’t give me a full refund but I think they will give me the difference back if I buy a more reasonably priced mod. But I’m scared to try because it’s supposedly all “junk” and a “serious downgrade”.

PS. I like to sub ohm because of throat hit, but I do mouth to lung.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
nnglas, do you have any experience with rebuildable atomisers / tanks?

As with what you want is a bit of a chimera type of vape, not to say that there's anything wrong with that. We all get to know what we like.

So I would have recommended something like prime or doggystyle clone for a tank and a Smoant Battlestar Mini (uses a single 18650 battery, so 2 batteries and a magnetic charger and you're in business). Then build a coil between about 0.6 ohm to 0.8 ohm, should make you relatively happy and tick all your boxes.

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi Guys

Thanks for all the suggestions. I previously had 2 Oceanus’. They both came with batteries and I would just leave one on the charger and switch mods each morning. Well the people at the store said that was bad. Anyway, I left one of them when I went out of town some I needed to get something new anyway and was sold the Cascade Plus, limited edition or whatever. It vaped fine how it leaked out all the liquid overnight. I tried to tighten it and while thing fell apart in my hand. I took it back and the said that the o’ring wasn’t in it properly but the fixed it. After about a week or 2 changed the coil and it leaked again. The shop says that it’s a complicated tank and that why I was having so many problems. They exchanged and up sold me the Armour, has the same tank....went back they up sold me the Luxe. The biggest problem with the Luxe is that seems a lot of work for me. They friend to sell me extra batteries and battery chargers and it just seems like a HUGE investment for “A” something I paid $50 bucks for that was defective and “B” now something they want to sell me even more stuff to maintain it. They are willing to switch it out but that is what has me gun shy. Everything I tried to pick out that was reasonable was “junk”. They won’t give me a full refund but I think they will give me the difference back if I buy a more reasonably priced mod. But I’m scared to try because it’s supposedly all “junk” and a “serious downgrade”.

PS. I like to sub ohm because of throat hit, but I do mouth to lung.

If I was "stuck" at Avail, like you are, I would keep the Armour/21700 battery and buy an Innokin Zenith tank.
Try to trade the cascade baby for the Zenith tank. If you are meeting with the DM, he should be able to make you " A happy customer".
For the type of vaper that you are, Avail has a very limited selection, you may want to find an alternative retail store in your area.
Authentic coils and replacement batteries are available on line.

Best of luck
I

nnglas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If I was "stuck" at Avail, like you are, I would keep the Armour/21700 battery and buy an Innokin Zenith tank.
Try to trade the cascade baby for the Zenith tank. If you are meeting with the DM, he should be able to make you " A happy customer".
For the type of vaper that you are, Avail has a very limited selection, you may want to find an alternative retail store in your area.
Authentic coils and replacement batteries are available on line.

Best of luck
I

I think you are right. I will definitely go with the armour battery would be best. I will also see if they will let me change the tank. That sounds like the best option.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread