"Negative Reactions Mystify Electronic Cigarette Owners" - Please read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketvapor

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
Rockledge, FL
Great job!!!I smoked 2.5 packs a day for over 30 years. I picked up an e cig and havnt smokes a cig in 3 weeks. I never ever thought I would be able to lay those nasty cigs down ever. And its been to simple to do,,, so all I can say is the "proof is in the pudding" !!! Tell the FDA to stick this life saving story in there pipe and smoke it.

Totally off-topic, but when I first saw your screen name, I thought it said, "do your idea bike". WTF??

Then I looked at it again, and had a laugh at myself.:rolleyes:

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    No Digg acount but keep up the great work you are doing!!

Sign up for Digg now and dig this article! It's free and only takes a few minutes to do. www.digg.com Not only can you digg this article, many times forum members will post other great articles that need digging.

Great job on the article kristin. I'm going to forward it to my local paper and see what happens. I'm also preparing a letter to several state officials and will include a link to it as well. :thumbs:

MaxUT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 4, 2009
    Ogden, UT, US
    Very well done, covers the issue quite well.

The only thing I can suggest to improve understanding for someone who knows nothing about PVs, or has been fed misinformation, is to include a short, simplified description of how the PV creates vapor from liquid, 90-100% of which is Generally Recognized As Safe by the FDA. Make them aware that the "smoke" is not particulates from burning tobacco, but tiny droplets of fog fluid.

This would be a great article for a libertarian website!

kristin

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 16, 2009
    CASAA - Wisconsin
    casaa.org
    Very well done, covers the issue quite well.

The only thing I can suggest to improve understanding for someone who knows nothing about PVs, or has been fed misinformation, is to include a short, simplified description of how the PV creates vapor from liquid, 90-100% of which is Generally Recognized As Safe by the FDA. Make them aware that the "smoke" is not particulates from burning tobacco, but tiny droplets of fog fluid.

Max, these are quotes from the article:
    The electronic cigarette is known as a personal vaporizer, as it produces a fine mist or vapor, similar to the steam from a cup of hot coffee.
    The fact that personal vaporizer owners are no longer smoking is difficult for non-smokers and smoke-free advocates to understand, because vapor looks similar in appearance to smoke.
    Aside from putting electronic cigarette owners back into the toxic cloud produced by tobacco smoke, personal vaporizer owners point out that their vapor doesn’t contain the amounts of lethal toxins nor does it behave in the same manner as cigarette smoke. The vapor isn't created unless actively in use, unlike the smoke that continuously comes from a lit cigarette and it doesn't appear to travel more than a couple of feet from the user. It also tends to dissipate more quickly than smoke, making it fairly undetectable and unobtrusive for those nearby, so presenting the two as the same thing is misleading.

kristin

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 16, 2009
    CASAA - Wisconsin
    casaa.org
    Kristin or.....
    Does there need to be something from you indicating your permission to use the article? I started putting together an e-mail to my local paper and it occurred to me this may be a concern. Babe in the woods regarding such things.

Thanks
    As long as it's reprinted complete, with my credits intact, anyone has permission to send it out, share or post it on blogs, web sites, etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread