Status
Not open for further replies.

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Both batteries installed correctly (+ and -)? Maybe one is upside down. Unplug charger before checking. I know, not likely but just asking anyway.
I took out the original batteries which had never been charged before btw and put in another set of virgin batteries. I made sure they are correct.

phill_nz

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2018
have you got another unit with charged or semi charged batteries you can take out and put in the legend just to check it
i always use an external charger ( never charged a mod with a cord ) so its never a problem for me .. it tells me if its charged how long it took and each batteries voltage .. internals can never be as good
i can also put it in a safe place so if the batteries do hemorrhage its contained

• Agree
Reactions: Iron Molly

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The really long answer:

It’s a power problem that could possibly be batteries or battery connectors.
Flickering could mean the battery is only just barely providing minimal power. This could be a bad battery, a badly inserted battery, a dirty or damaged battery terminal, a misused battery cap (which in the case of this mod is one of the battery terminals) or another problem

It could also be bad manufacturing. It’s statistically a lot less likely though. That mod has a good reliability reputation. Flickering could also mean there’s a bad connection inside the device. This demands a replacement. The problem is if the problem is the battery a new device with a bad battery will not help anything.

If you get known good batteries and it still does it you’ve got a manufacturing problem. Getting known good batteries for your device seems to be a challenge though. A known good battery needs to be charged and pushing around 4v.

You seem unwilling to break out you second device to test with which also makes it harder.

Asking for the make and model of the batteries might or might not help because there are so many fakes and counterfeits out there.

Do you have any other way than your mod for testing batteries? A multimeter would work for one.

What is the clock on a possible mod RMA? This will depend on where and when you bought it.

Just for the heck of it what is the make and model of the battery? If it is a good model it still might be fake, and a rewrap battery might not prove the battery is the problem. It could be some sort of extreme case I guess.

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
The really long answer:

It’s a power problem that could possibly be batteries or battery connectors.
Flickering could mean the battery is only just barely providing minimal power. This could be a bad battery, a badly inserted battery, a dirty or damaged battery terminal, a misused battery cap (which in the case of this mod is one of the battery terminals) or another problem

It could also be bad manufacturing. It’s statistically a lot less likely though. That mod has a good reliability reputation. Flickering could also mean there’s a bad connection inside the device. This demands a replacement. The problem is if the problem is the battery a new device with a bad battery will not help anything.

If you get known good batteries and it still does it you’ve got a manufacturing problem. Getting known good batteries for your device seems to be a challenge though. A known good battery needs to be charged and pushing around 4v.

You seem unwilling to break out you second device to test with which also makes it harder.

Asking for the make and model of the batteries might or might not help because there are so many fakes and counterfeits out there.

Do you have any other way than your mod for testing batteries? A multimeter would work for one.

What is the clock on a possible mod RMA? This will depend on where and when you bought it.

Just for the heck of it what is the make and model of the battery? If it is a good model it still might be fake, and a rewrap battery might not prove the battery is the problem. It could be some sort of extreme case I guess.
I am not unwilling to break out my second device. Nobody asked.
Secondly I dont have a clue what an RMA is.
Third the batteries are brand new Samsung 30Q from IMR. What else do you want to know?
Tomorrow I will find my multimeter.

Reactions: Baditude

phill_nz

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2018
breaking out the other and comparing would seem the easiest fault find at the moment

glad you have a multi meter that makes checking the batteries easy

break out the other and tell us what the result is

normally lio batteries are sold at around 3.8v so it should have worked properly from the get go .. but as i didnt put batteries in mine till they were fully charged i could not say definitely what happens on first start

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread