Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Then yes, you got a bad one. My screen has never flickered regardless of battery level or anything. Your retailer should exchange it if you bought it recently. Failing that, open a support ticket with Geekvape.
the sheer surety. What about that video? It didn’t make any sense to me, but it could be a software thing.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
the sheer surety. What about that video? It didn’t make any sense to me, but it could be a software thing.
Doesn't make sense to factory reset something that just arrived from the factory.

I couldnt get the suggestion in the video to work. Its a factory reset. The ladys accent makes it hard to understand. Had to watch it 5 times.
Pull out the batteries. Put them back in. Hold down the + and - buttons together until the firmware screen appears (and keep holding). Then hold power. Color me surprised if it fixes anything.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Doesn't make sense to factory reset something that just arrived from the factory.
no it doesn’t. It should have been done at the factory. Still it’s a lot less trouble than an RMA
Pull out the batteries. Put them back in. Hold down the + and - buttons together until the firmware screen appears (and keep holding). Then hold power. Color me surprised if it fixes anything.

phill_nz

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2018
Brand new out of the box maiden voyage and the dispay is flickering and/or the dispay goes half dark where I can barely see it. Its at 25% charge now.

So far. But the first one didnt mess up until 50% down so Im waiting to contact the vendor.

thats an information conflict
either way it sounds like the unit is defective and needs to be returned
you have done everything to eliminate it being an operator error,battery problems or a resetable fix .. so its definitely confined to a manufacturers problem

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
thats an information conflict
either way it sounds like the unit is defective and needs to be returned
you have done everything to eliminate it being an operator error,battery problems or a resetable fix .. so its definitely confined to a manufacturers problem
We need a bummer emoji

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
Will this do?

upload_2019-9-30_22-27-50.jpeg

phill_nz

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2018
The thrill of getting caught is half the fun. Why are you ruining my fun?

im not
as an instance .. main thoroughfare in a ferry building .. on a ferry .. i could go on
rules are rules
and made to be broken .. with thought
but you can do so much more and for so much longer in private

• Love
Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread