NEW Dicodes Dani Box Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
At that price, customer support should be pretty helpful...keep us posted.
Customer service has been exceptional in my experience. The problem is, customer service is coming from Dicodes, which is located in Germany. Their uber-customer service within the USA (wherein they immediately provide a replacement or ship a temporary replacement for your use while they send your unit back to Germany) is unfortunately relegated to their official US supplier, which is: dicodes-usa.com (which charges more money for the same thing but includes the high level customer support).

With Creme De vape, Keith and Lisa are always awesome and will do whatever they can to help solve a problem if one exists.

Cheers, and good luck! The mini is nice, I've been enjoying it for a few months with no problems. NEW Dicodes Dani Box Mini

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Well the error code has never happened again, must have been something I did without realizing it. :unsure: Weird thing is I was just sitting in front of my computer, holding it in my hand when the error happened. Maybe my body temp warmed it up to much? I don't know, but working fine now. :?:

KAS

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I also got the Titan in the meantime...

1537532376552874087695.jpg

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I did discover one thing about this mini that I will have to get used to. I got so used to my Radius basically telling me when to change my battery, that I guess I expected this one to do that also. Saturday it would not fire, (so I guess it did in a way) I took the battery cap off and put it back on, and the battery meter said it was empty, on the charger it was less than 3.0 volts. :shock: I have been changing the battery around 3.5 to 3.6 volts. I have never let my batteries get that low before, after charging the battery seems fine. It just kind of surprised me is all, I did not notice any difference in the vape all the way up to that point. :?:

KAS

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I did discover one thing about this mini that I will have to get used to. I got so used to my Radius basically telling me when to change my battery, that I guess I expected this one to do that also. Saturday it would not fire, (so I guess it did in a way) I took the battery cap off and put it back on, and the battery meter said it was empty, on the charger it was less than 3.0 volts. :shock: I have been changing the battery around 3.5 to 3.6 volts. I have never let my batteries get that low before, after charging the battery seems fine. It just kind of surprised me is all, I did not notice any difference in the vape all the way up to that point. :?:

KAS
Well, that is surprising. I'd have thought at that price, it'd change the battery for you. ;)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Maybe it's so you'll buy the charging plate and rest it on it all the time? I mean other than Glaring Engineer Error, I see no other logical explanation for this. You should email them (mainly because you have skin in the game, if I email about it, it will be all, "You don't even own one of our products, plebian." Or so I imagine.
Anna

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014

KAS
from the manual:

When the power is reduced, the battery symbol on the display will toggle with the message “LOW” and
the reduced power level is show. Typical settings for Ubat,min are between 2.5 and 2.7V.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
from the manual:

When the power is reduced, the battery symbol on the display will toggle with the message “LOW” and
the reduced power level is show. Typical settings for Ubat,min are between 2.5 and 2.7V.

It never said that it was low to me.:?: I am not using any of the extended functions so maybe that is why. I really have not read the manual enough to really understand everything in there. :oops: All I have ever seen on the display is the battery meter and the Watts and OHM's, oh and that one error code 7. I am just going to pay more attention and change the battery at 3.5 volts.

KAS

Reactions: AstroTurf

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Maybe it's so you'll buy the charging plate and rest it on it all the time? I mean other than Glaring Engineer Error, I see no other logical explanation for this. You should email them (mainly because you have skin in the game, if I email about it, it will be all, "You don't even own one of our products, plebian." Or so I imagine.
Anna

I honestly don't really want to contact customer service unless it has stopped working completely, they are in Germany. The weird Error code happened 3 times on one day and never happened again, I was able to get it working after it happened by going into the menu. As far as the charging plate, if I end up with several of these, I will most likely get it.:unsure:

KAS

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
It never said that it was low to me.:?: I am not using any of the extended functions so maybe that is why. I really have not read the manual enough to really understand everything in there. :oops: All I have ever seen on the display is the battery meter and the Watts and OHM's, oh and that one error code 7. I am just going to pay more attention and change the battery at 3.5 volts.

KAS
3.5 sounds a lil high to me.

What power level are you vaping at?

Jim

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
3.5 sounds a lil high to me.

What power level are you vaping at?

Jim

Just tootle puffing it at 8 watts on a 2 OHM coil. I just picked that number, because that is around where my radius's are charged at, I have gone lower, but I have never let my batteries get down to 3 volts before. :|

KAS

Reactions: stols001

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Just tootle puffing it at 8 watts on a 2 OHM coil. I just picked that number, because that is around where my radius's are charged at, I have gone lower, but I have never let my batteries get down to 3 volts before. :|

KAS
I would suggest 3.2

Jim

odieX

Sep 20, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
Interesting, didn't know dicodes is so seeked after. Me as a German more or less neglected dicodes while being more into US made (e.g. House of Hybrids) or forgein made high end stuff in general. Best stuff in front of my door, will look into it more now ;)

Btw. the German vendor Pipeline is a licensed partner or smth from dicodes and sells the dicodes hardware etc. with the Pipeline label, just in case you might need an alternative source if your main dicodes sources are out of stock and won't restock anytime soon...

dicodes mini = Pipeline Pro Eighty

PIPELINE PRO EIGHTY - eZigarette - Akkuträger - Made in Germany

Also, if you are hardcore into dicodes and didnt know yet, Taifun by smokerstore, another German premium manufacturer, actually most famous for their atomizers, released the Taifun Box with dicodes chipset few months ago. Even a bit more pricey with 350 Euros and seems to be sold out currently:

origin-vape-taifun-gt-box-mod-01.jpg

Last edited:

NZtechfreak

Aug 4, 2018
IMG_20181016_220751.jpg

Finally it arrived! Purchased second hand with the charging base for a very good price and in minty fresh condition, but had a shipping nightmare - seemed to disappear and then after five weeks Post NL located it - still with them having not been shipped from the country of origin! Anyways, all well that ends well, and thrilled with this. Poor lighting here and photo does it no justice whatsoever..

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
View attachment 773795

Finally it arrived! Purchased second hand with the charging base for a very good price and in minty fresh condition, but had a shipping nightmare - seemed to disappear and then after five weeks Post NL located it - still with them having not been shipped from the country of origin! Anyways, all well that ends well, and thrilled with this. Poor lighting here and photo does it no justice whatsoever..
N I C E ! ! !

Reactions: bnrkwest
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread