NEW Dicodes Dani Box Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAAB

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
New York
This is the grey one (I don't think CdV has them yet), for which the color simply won't translate well in pics.

I see you have the pistol conversion schematic there for the Dicodes. A beautiful and deadly piece of machinery.

In all seriousness though, I enjoy the look of the leather sleeve. Gives the mod a steampunk appeal. It's a good way to give a natural look to the mod without sinking the cash into stabilized wood version.

Is there a good market for used Dicodes? It seems like in the member classified and swaps, they go pretty quick.

Or does Dicodes have a refurbished market somewhere?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I see you have the pistol conversion schematic there for the Dicodes. A beautiful and deadly piece of machinery.

In all seriousness though, I enjoy the look of the leather sleeve. Gives the mod a steampunk appeal. It's a good way to give a natural look to the mod without sinking the cash into stabilized wood version.

Is there a good market for used Dicodes? It seems like in the member classified and swaps, they go pretty quick.

I like metals much more than woods, but that too is a personal thing. For me the sleeve is to protect the beloveds... ;)

I don't see a ton of them popping up, but sometimes they do. I think most owners are pleased, and keep them. Mine won't ever leave - that's a certainty.

I've wasted more money on lesser mods, and the Dicodes purchases are considered wins for me.

Not to beat the horse to glue, but again, these are all just one vaper's opinions. Today (< operative word) we can still buy and choose, which is a wonderful thing.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central

As our Longo wrote, they seldom are offerred for sale and I agree it's because people who buy them have no interest in moving them on. I pay attention to the FB groups and once in a great while (months, maybe?) you'll see one come up, which usually sells within minutes/hours. I've seen a lot more tubes change hands than the box mods.

My guesstimate is that the box mods average price is about 80-90% of retail; the cheapest I've ever seen one go for is around $200. The saddest part is the sellers who've bought from the imitation site in the US - they're offering the 20% discount from what they paid, which is still more expensive than a brand new one from Creme de Vape.

CAAB

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
New York
The saddest part is the sellers who've bought from the imitation site in the US - they're offering the 20% discount from what they paid, which is still more expensive than a brand new one from Creme de Vape.

Are you speaking of Dicodes USA? I read up on that a little. I think I will stick with Creme de Vape. I seem to remember things arriving rather quickly last time I ordered from Creme de Vape. Plus great service all around from what I hear.

I think I am just going to stick with new. Sounds like a tough game finding a used one and the savings is small.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
...a brand new one from Creme de Vape.

To quote the movie Highlander, "There can be only one!"

I would never dream of any other option. I'm easy. Candies work. :blush:

CdV_20200103_133705.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Are you speaking of Dicodes USA? I read up on that a little. I think I will stick with Creme de Vape. I seem to remember things arriving rather quickly last time I ordered from Creme de Vape. Plus great service all around from what I hear.

I think I am just going to stick with new. Sounds like a tough game finding a used one and the savings is small.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:...

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
That I am. It still pains me to see people paying a considerable amount more than is needed only to get gray market goods which may not arrive for months.
Gray market goods? I was under the impression that they were the authorized Dicodes distributor for the US. I think it even says that on their website. I was thinking of getting a Dani a while back (still think about it sometimes! :)), and saw they were considerably higher, but maybe easier for some in the US to deal with. Are they not fully legit?

CAAB

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
New York
I was under the impression that they were the authorized Dicodes distributor for the US. I think it even says that on their website.

Quick disclaimer, I have no experience in this area, I am just going off what others have said. As I have read on various forums, Dicodes USA may have a problem where they take payment for an order but not ship for several months. Here is a reddit thread on the subject: Is dicodes USA a scam? : electronic_cigarette

As far as them being listed as a vendor, I believe I see no US vendors listed on the Dicodes website, which I thought kind of strange. Seems like they are missing out on a market. Shop Partner - dicodes-mods.com

But when you compare the Dicodes USA price and the Creme De Vape price, it's still cheaper to order from UK. As far as customer service, Creme de Vape has put Amazon to shame with their turnaround time and they are very responsive.

If I were inclined to order from Dicodes USA I would first contact Dicodes in Germany to see what they have to say about it.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Gray market goods? I was under the impression that they were the authorized Dicodes distributor for the US. I think it even says that on their website. I was thinking of getting a Dani a while back (still think about it sometimes! :)), and saw they were considerably higher, but maybe easier for some in the US to deal with. Are they not fully legit?

Everytime this company comes up, I tend to get triggered (I have an unhealthy hatred of being lied to) and go on a rant.

So I won't go into detail other than no, they are not an authorized dealer and never have been. And that matches with the dishonesty of much of their stock levels and their listing the site of their US headquarters at an address for a company selling portable air conditioners.

Years ago, one of their reps told me the name of the parent company. It was a name I'd never heard of, but others since then have stated it's a vape company in Malaysia.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Quick disclaimer, I have no experience in this area, I am just going off what others have said. As I have read on various forums, Dicodes USA may have a problem where they take payment for an order but not ship for several months. Here is a reddit thread on the subject: Is dicodes USA a scam? : electronic_cigarette

As far as them being listed as a vendor, I believe I see no US vendors listed on the Dicodes website, which I thought kind of strange. Seems like they are missing out on a market. Shop Partner - dicodes-mods.com

But when you compare the Dicodes USA price and the Creme De Vape price, it's still cheaper to order from UK. As far as customer service, Creme de Vape has put Amazon to shame with their turnaround time and they are very responsive.

If I were inclined to order from Dicodes USA I would first contact Dicodes in Germany to see what they have to say about it.
Oh, I agree- price was SUBSTANTIALLY higher, and I wouldn't have paid that. It just surprised me to hear gray market - and you weren't the only one to mention they weren't the best to deal with. Good idea to check with Germany for anyone considering them, I guess.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Oh, I agree- price was SUBSTANTIALLY higher, and I wouldn't have paid that. It just surprised me to hear gray market - and you weren't the only one to mention they weren't the best to deal with. Good idea to check with Germany for anyone considering them, I guess.

I think it's in the other thread, but another person has posted a screen shot from a chat with a Dicodes rep confirming that Dicodes-USA was not an authorized dealer. They have changed their banner now to read "Only US dealer for Dicodes" which is technically true since they do sell them but which gives an impression of some sort of approval from Germany.

I agree that it is unfortunate that Dicodes has not chosen a US company to work with. I have the clear impression that they are simply not interested in dealing with our country's environment for vaping and the resulting confusion, regulation, and possbility that any investment could be instantly wiped out with a stroke of a pen. I've talked to some european juice makers who hold that same opinion.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I have the clear impression that they are simply not interested in dealing with our country's environment for vaping and the resulting confusion, regulation, and possbility that any investment could be instantly wiped out with a stroke of a pen.

I can't imagine why (sarcasm font disengaged). ;)

Idunno though. After my dealings with CdV over the years, I have a feeling I'd still opt to work with them, even if a US vendor did come into play.

They've more than earned my business.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I think it's in the other thread, but another person has posted a screen shot from a chat with a Dicodes rep confirming that Dicodes-USA was not an authorized dealer. They have changed their banner now to read "Only US dealer for Dicodes" which is technically true since they do sell them but which gives an impression of some sort of approval from Germany.

I agree that it is unfortunate that Dicodes has not chosen a US company to work with. I have the clear impression that they are simply not interested in dealing with our country's environment for vaping and the resulting confusion, regulation, and possbility that any investment could be instantly wiped out with a stroke of a pen. I've talked to some european juice makers who hold that same opinion.
Hell, at their prices, they may be buying them from CDV only when they get orders, then shipping.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
@DPLongo22 I just ordered 2 of the Black Leather Sleeves, I have wanted some of these forever. This made the purchase much easier for me. I did not really want to use E-bay, I did have the website bookmarked, but I prefer to buy from sites that I am familiar with using. :)

KAS

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
@DPLongo22 I just ordered 2 of the Black Leather Sleeves, I have wanted some of these forever. This made the purchase much easier for me. I did not really want to use E-bay, I did have the website bookmarked, but I prefer to buy from sites that I am familiar with using. :)

KAS

The seller's a good guy, KAS, but yeah, I get it. I think it was a brilliant move to send some to CdV, and I expect that he's going to be very pleased with the end results.

I hope you are too! Let us know though (interested minds always want to know). :thumb::)

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
The seller's a good guy, KAS, but yeah, I get it. I think it was a brilliant move to send some to CdV, and I expect that he's going to be very pleased with the end results.

I hope you are too! Let us know though (interested minds always want to know). :thumb::)

Another thing that helped, was CDV is also having a 15% off sale right now with code NEWYEAR2020 :)

KAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread