NEW Dicodes Dani Box Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

PParnham

Aug 17, 2020
IMG_20200829_152605.jpg
Had a real pleasant surprise today.
My favourite rda is the wasp nano.
I have 1 in black and 1 in translucent black so I decided to buy a translucent 1 with no colour.
In the pictures from vaping 101 where I bought it from it had clear o rings but got a nice surprise when I opened it and it had red o rings which fits in fantastically well with my red dicodes mini

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
View attachment 904397 Had a real pleasant surprise today.
My favourite rda is the wasp nano.
I have 1 in black and 1 in translucent black so I decided to buy a translucent 1 with no colour.
In the pictures from vaping 101 where I bought it from it had clear o rings but got a nice surprise when I opened it and it had red o rings which fits in fantastically well with my red dicodes mini

Nice match up indeed ... well done!

volvoc304

Aug 30, 2020
Hi everyone.

I couldn't find a silicone sleeve for my Dani Box Mini locally, so I decided to draw one up and 3D print it. Material is TPU 85A. Ill post the link to the STL file on Thingiverse so that any of you can print or modify the sleeve as you wish. Have fun printing it, and I hope some of you find it useful. Steven.

If the URL doesn't show, just search Dicodes Dani Box Mini Sleeve on Thingiverse

Attachments

• IMG_20200830_234440_edited.jpg
    IMG_20200830_234440_edited.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20200830_234459_edited.jpg
    IMG_20200830_234459_edited.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 56

CAAB

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
New York
My Dani Box Mini is on the way back after repair. It seems their policy is to not reveal technical details of repair. Which to me is unfortunate because I would be curious as to the nature of the defect on my relatively new device.

That said, they informed me that they would have provided further info if it was something that my actions could avoid going forward. I think of the expression "don't look a gift horse in the mouth." They provided prompt repair under warranty and are sending it back. That is major part of the appeal of this device, the level of service received.

PParnham

Aug 17, 2020
Hi everyone.

I couldn't find a silicone sleeve for my Dani Box Mini locally, so I decided to draw one up and 3D print it. Material is TPU 85A. Ill post the link to the STL file on Thingiverse so that any of you can print or modify the sleeve as you wish. Have fun printing it, and I hope some of you find it useful. Steven.

If the URL doesn't show, just search Dicodes Dani Box Mini Sleeve on Thingiverse
Sorry but I think it spoils the beauty

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I just got a e-mail from VapinArt, that says they are going to have the 21700 in stock soon. It seems a bit weird to me, that now after the Deeming date that there will be a US supplier. :?: It seems to be business as usual for them, I don't really need any more, they are just too late. :|

KAS

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I just got a e-mail from VapinArt, that says they are going to have the 21700 in stock soon. It seems a bit weird to me, that now after the Deeming date that there will be a US supplier. :?: It seems to be business as usual for them, I don't really need any more, they are just too late. :|

KAS

I hadn't heard anything about them changing hands but they almost seem like a different company over the last few months. First, they started stocking a lot of different mainstream Chinese gear. And then probably ever pod device ever made. But now also Dicodes and Van & Del (Haar).

That email confused me a bit, with the text reading as titan but all the picures showing black. That's no big deal as both are great finishes. But I'm sad to see they've adopted the same pricing as the really bad US dealer. They list it for $339.95, when Creme de Vape will get you one in two days for $286.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I hadn't heard anything about them changing hands but they almost seem like a different company over the last few months. First, they started stocking a lot of different mainstream Chinese gear. And then probably ever pod device ever made. But now also Dicodes and Van & Del (Haar).

That email confused me a bit, with the text reading as titan but all the picures showing black. That's no big deal as both are great finishes. But I'm sad to see they've adopted the same pricing as the really bad US dealer. They list it for $339.95, when Creme de Vape will get you one in two days for $286.

I bought a vape shell and 2 vape snail's from them about a month or so ago, and they still shipped from Florida. It was a bit pricy but I wanted them before the deeming, so I paid it. I did not know they got bought out, I never really used them to much because of their pricing. The Dicodes in the US just surprised me, I have not looked to see if they are a listed supplier though. :|

KAS

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I bought a vape shell and 2 vape snail's from them about a month or so ago, and they still shipped from Florida. It was a bit pricy but I wanted them before the deeming, so I paid it. I did not know they got bought out, I never really used them to much because of their pricing. The Dicodes in the US just surprised me, I have not looked to see if they are a listed supplier though. :|

KAS

I didn't mean to suggest they got bought out, simply that they seemed to have made major changes away from what they had always been. I've always liked them for being a place where you can sometimes get things that may be otherwise difficult to find. And yes, the things they sell have always carried a premium. I just wasn't ready for a 20% markup over the RRP.

And, yes, one of the things I did get from them was the MTL kit for a vape shell since it didn't make sense to pay the shipping from Greece.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I didn't mean to suggest they got bought out, simply that they seemed to have made major changes away from what they had always been. I've always liked them for being a place where you can sometimes get things that may be otherwise difficult to find. And yes, the things they sell have always carried a premium. I just wasn't ready for a 20% markup over the RRP.

And, yes, one of the things I did get from them was the MTL kit for a vape shell since it didn't make sense to pay the shipping from Greece.

Oh okay, misunderstood. Before this most recent order, it must have been 4 years ago that I had ordered from them, probably a Kayfun of some kind. I really have no interest in a pod, or many of the items they sell, but sometimes they have had things in stock that I could not find anywhere else, probably because of their pricing. :|

KAS

Last edited:

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
Dicodes USA gets shipments from Germany, but I don’t see how this can continue without them registering as a manufacturer and paying fees. How the deeming ruling doesn’t end them as a business is a story that I’d love to get the details. That said, they don’t seem to carry a lot of stock on hand.

Gotta love the FDA and their power to sift ban things with high fees and slow processes. The ATF/NFA would be proud.

• Disagree
Reactions: AstroTurf

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Dicodes USA gets shipments from Germany, but I don’t see how this can continue without them registering as a manufacturer and paying fees. How the deeming ruling doesn’t end them as a business is a story that I’d love to get the details. That said, they don’t seem to carry a lot of stock on hand.

Gotta love the FDA and their power to sift ban things with high fees and slow processes. The ATF/NFA would be proud.

They may get them from Germany, but they don't get them from Dicodes - who have publicly stated that they are not a dealer. They are based in Singapore so there's no telling which legitimate Dicodes dealer supplies them nor where in the world they have to be shipped from. There's a reason for their lack of stock and absolutely horrible order fulfillment time.

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
I see, interesting! Figured there had to be something up with them. Their website sure leads one to believe they are the Dicodes dealer of the USA. I ended up getting my gadget fix from Canada or the UK anyway.

They may get them from Germany, but they don't get them from Dicodes - who have publicly stated that they are not a dealer. They are based in Singapore so there's no telling which legitimate Dicodes dealer supplies them nor where in the world they have to be shipped from. There's a reason for their lack of stock and absolutely horrible order fulfillment time.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

KAS

Hmm? On the Dicodes site they still do not list any USA partners.

https://www.dicodes-mods.com/shop-partner.html

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
That is interesting, I bet that they just bought a bunch of them paying retail price, which would explain why they are priced so high. :unsure:

KAS

I think you're probably right. But there is a huge difference between them and Dicodes-USA. I haven't bought all that much from them, but they have always been a reliable source with quick shipping. While they sometimes do preorders, it's always with a specific date for product arrival and I've yet to hear anyone say they didn't do exactly what they promised. And I think they even may have stopped doing that, since the emails I get will show "coming soon" and a date for when it will be available for sale. If they're taking your money, they have the product in hand ready to ship.

They seemed to specialize in higher end gear, quality products and often limited production things. That's why I mentioned upthread that it was a little jarring to see the normal chinesium stuff appear on their pages.

Just to be clear, the ONLY hesitation I would have about buying a Dicodes mod from them would be purely financial (paying a significant amount more than I needed to without any added benefit), and not because of any doubts about getting exactly what I ordered in a speedy manner.

AussieGeek

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2020
If the DiCoDes Dani25 is anything to go by, dont expect good temperature control from this mod unfortunately: imgur.com/a/89GNaPJ
This post appears to have acquried some "disgree" tags, because the users appear to believe the tests were not conducted during actual vaping. This is incorrect, please read the test reports properly: in fact the coils are being vaped using builds and RDAs that I actually use on it when its not on the rig. The experience is identical.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread