Not open for further replies.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
It looks like VapinArt will have the Side by side at some point also. :|

dicodes Dani SBS

Even if it is more money from them, I would feel more comfortable about risking it going threw customs. :unsure:

It was a bad idea for them to have a black background for the picture.

KAS

Not making an argument for or against, just adding a data point that I just recevied a DHL shipment from Serbia this week that took 3 days. Of course, I have no idea if that means things are still OK or if I just got lucky. I think DHL doing their own customs clearance (recently heard that goods are cleared on the plane during the flight (!!!)) helps a lot since the stuff never hits the normal black holes in New York or Chicago.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Not making an argument for or against, just adding a data point that I just recevied a DHL shipment from Serbia this week that took 3 days. Of course, I have no idea if that means things are still OK or if I just got lucky. I think DHL doing their own customs clearance (recently heard that goods are cleared on the plane during the flight (!!!)) helps a lot since the stuff never hits the normal black holes in New York or Chicago.

I am just really paranoid about it, I guess I don't like the idea of risking a $300.00 mod being confiscated by customs. :|

KAS

CAAB

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
New York
From CDV this morning:

We’re emailing all our US customers who have purchased from us in the last year because we have some very important news about a change to payment methods in our online shop. Unfortunately, PayPal has been busy shutting down all vape company accounts worldwide and they shut down our account without warning on Monday.

We do have an alternative card payment method, but unfortunately, it doesn’t allow us to accept cards for vaping related purchases from US customers. This leaves us only able to offer a direct bank transfer payment option to you. We appreciate that many banks make it quite difficult and expensive to make international bank transfers so we’re encouraging our US customers choose an international currency transfer service to handle their payment.

We highly recommend Transferwise for secure international payments. Their service is quicker, with lower fees and much better exchange rates than most banks and card providers. You have the option to fund the transfer via a direct transfer to TransferWise's local USA bank or with your credit or debit card and if available, Apple Pay.

For further information, please see our International customer information page. Don't hesitate to Contact Us if you have any issues setting up a bank transfer payment.

Lisa & Keith and the Creme de Vape team.​

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Thanx, that was gifted to me by @DPLongo22 (I always wanted a Nano Erl, and he delivered!)

That guy is a good guy from what I know........ ;)

Lucky you to be konnected. Lucky him to be konnected with you.

:wub:

Wolfmeat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Central WI
Hi Guys!

I was wondering if anyone can help me with some information? My dicodes Dani Box Mini need to be sent back to Dicodes Germany for warranty repairs due to screen problems. Does anyone know if the shipping from Dicodes (Germany) covered under warranty or do i still need to pay for the shipping back as well?

Thanks guys!!!!

If your problem is found to be a warrantable repair Dicodes will pay for the return shipping. You do of course have to get a return authorization from Dicodes before you send the unit to them.

access0denied

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2015
Hi Guys!

I was wondering if anyone can help me with some information? My dicodes Dani Box Mini need to be sent back to Dicodes Germany for warranty repairs due to screen problems. Does anyone know if the shipping from Dicodes (Germany) covered under warranty or do i still need to pay for the shipping back as well?

Thanks guys!!!!

Long story short. I shipped back a Dicodes SBS after a few days of having it. Sent it over from Utah, USA via USPS. Shipping was about 30 bucks, that I paid for. They received it in a decent amount of time. Took a week to get from Utah, to Germany.

The odd thing is.....Tracking information says it was delivered, emailed em, and they said they never received it. Uhhhhhh, okay. Waited a week, sent em another email this morning asking if it showed up, or if it got lost. They received it. Rumor is, they will mail it back via UPS back to me.

Reactions: stols001

lojc

Dec 7, 2020
Tq Wolfmeat, access0denied,

I may have read the email from Dicodes wrong. Now I think it wont be repaired under warrany. Its just uneven luminance of the led display. I guess I will just use it till it dies. The postage and display part cost
alone , i think i can get a used unit.

Anyway does anyone knows where I can buy the display module for the mini? This option would save me alot.

access0denied

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2015
Tq Wolfmeat, access0denied,

I may have read the email from Dicodes wrong. Now I think it wont be repaired under warrany. Its just uneven luminance of the led display. I guess I will just use it till it dies. The postage and display part cost
alone , i think i can get a used unit.

Anyway does anyone knows where I can buy the display module for the mini? This option would save me alot.

How bad is the display?

lojc

Dec 7, 2020
Its bearable i guess lol.

Attachments

• dani.jpg
    dani.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Informative
Reactions: DPLongo22

lojc

Dec 7, 2020
To be fair to Dicodes, this mod is 5 months out of warrany. I just misunderstood their email and assumed that they are going to replace the screen under goodwill.

The mods till works perfectly except that the screen is abit uneven when in use.

I guess i just have to take the heat from my mates for buying a premium mod that dies after 2 years during our vape sessions. lol

• Optimistic
Reactions: DPLongo22

access0denied

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2015
To be fair to Dicodes, this mod is 5 months out of warrany. I just misunderstood their email and assumed that they are going to replace the screen under goodwill.

The mods till works perfectly except that the screen is abit uneven when in use.

I guess i just have to take the heat from my mates for buying a premium mod that dies after 2 years during our vape sessions. lol

Ha, I've had cheap mods from China where paint/coating starts to flake the same day, and it literally start to fall apart after a week of usage.

• Optimistic

lojc

Dec 7, 2020
Ugggggg, I'm guessing that's the number 1 issue with Dicodes. My Dani 25 is doing the same thing. Hell, my Dani 25 did that out of the box, got it taken care of. Few years later, it's doing the same thing.

OMG!! You too? This is actually my first premium mod that gave me issues. I had the Dicodes dani box v1 before and that works flawlessly.
Currently back to "oldman" Radius LOL

lojc

Dec 7, 2020
Ha, I've had cheap mods from China where paint/coating starts to flake the same day, and it literally start to fall apart after a week of usage.

I too have my share of China mods, they don't last. After my spat with Weismec i will not buy any more China mods except SXMINI, I actually started vaping with the M class and now the SL. Too bad their external build quality have deteriorated over the years. Just love the torque in their chipsets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread