NEW Dicodes Dani Box Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAAB

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
New York
I said I was done, but here I am. Just placed what may be my final order with CDV, due to US shipping ban coming into effect. Got a Dani Box 21700. I figured that way I have some different size battery options going forward. I was surprised how close in size the 21700 is to the mini. Had I to do it over again, I might have gone exclusively with the 21700 version. Although the mini is a beauty and all I really need for MTL.

I got myself some Molicel P42A batteries. I look forward to trying them out.

I used Transferwise at checkout at CDV. I won't say it's as easy as entering your credit card, but it's doable. Just more steps. Transferwise offers the ability to enter a debit card, credit card, ACH transfer, or wire transfer. Each option has different fees. CDV lists all the info in your order receipt that you need to enter in Transferwise or whatever service you end up going with.

Still, it's CDV all the way for me because of fast shipping, reliable inventory, and top notch customer service.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
My Dani Mini arrived back at Dicodes on Tuesday. Just patiently waiting to hear back from them.

And ... my Dani mini arrived at my door last Thursday ... just 2 weeks and 2 days after I posted it to Germany. It's nice to have my "Precision Machinery" back in hand. This time they sent it back using UPS and I had it 3 days after they posted it.

I was concerned they would DHL again and when it got state side it would be transferred to USPS like last time. I've no confidence in USPS package delivery. It's taking 3 to 4 weeks to get a package from USPS when it used to take 3 to 4 days. It seems to get lost in Philly distribution centers for weeks at a time after it arrives there.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Love the form factor, but the button placement is gonna take some gettin' use to. Also, I really don't like not being able to turn it off with 5 clicks
Dicodes Dani SBS + 24mm Covid Kayfun.jpg

Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Love the form factor, but the button placement is gonna take some gettin' use to. Also, I really don't like not being able to turn it off with 5 clicks
    View attachment 932195
    I wanted one in red but they do not have that color yet, so then it will be purple as my second SBS.

3 clicks, the menu, mine always starts on the watt adjustment.
    Sleep mode, 5 quick clicks send me to switch off selection.

Reactions: BNEAT

BNEAT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Thanks! Looks like I'm in need of some beauty rings to smooth out the transitions. I notice the mismatches more in photos than I do in person
    Beautiful trio, stylish to see that you have chosen the same color on them.
    I'm a big fan of Dicodes & svoemesto myself.

Reactions: Tor R

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Thanks! Looks like I'm in need of some beauty rings to smooth out the transitions. I notice the mismatches more in photos than I do in person
    Dicodes have rings you can swap, 25-24, 25-23, 25-22.
    Think it was £ 11.63 + tax, per piece

Reactions: MikeE3

Impulso

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2013
    Rocklin, ca
    My Dani Mini arrived back at Dicodes on Tuesday. Just patiently waiting to hear back from them.

I just sent mine back too. Did you send it through usps? I can’t seem to track it once it left the US. Although I don’t think anything really is wrong with it, it was showing some erratic behavior and they wanted to check it out.

If it went into error mode, it would turn itself off after a few mins. The display also looked like it was fading so I sent it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impulso

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2013
    Rocklin, ca

I wondered about getting a 3rd myself. Have a mini and 21700 and saw the new iteration. What are your thoughts about it? Thought the button placement was weird(also why can’t you turn it off with 5 clicks?)

Impulso

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2013
    Rocklin, ca
    And ... my Dani mini arrived at my door last Thursday ... just 2 weeks and 2 days after I posted it to Germany. It's nice to have my "Precision Machinery" back in hand. This time they sent it back using UPS and I had it 3 days after they posted it.

I was concerned they would DHL again and when it got state side it would be transferred to USPS like last time. I've no confidence in USPS package delivery. It's taking 3 to 4 weeks to get a package from USPS when it used to take 3 to 4 days. It seems to get lost in Philly distribution centers for weeks at a time after it arrives there.

What was going on with your mini and what did they do to it?

Reactions: MikeE3

BNEAT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    I wondered about getting a 3rd myself. Have a mini and 21700 and saw the new iteration. What are your thoughts about it? Thought the button placement was weird(also why can’t you turn it off with 5 clicks?)
    Not sure about the 5 click thing, but I guess it's not a deal breaker. And I'm getting used to the button placement...sorta. The form factor pretty much over rules those two things: with a short tank it's like a totally sexy AIO!

Impulso

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2013
    Rocklin, ca
    Not sure about the 5 click thing, but I guess it's not a deal breaker. And I'm getting used to the button placement...sorta. The form factor pretty much over rules those two things: with a short tank it's like a totally sexy AIO!

Maybe I should pick one up before all the mail bans go into effect. I do like the smaller form factor!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    I just sent mine back too. Did you send it through usps? I can’t seem to track it once it left the US. Although I don’t think anything really is wrong with it, it was showing some erratic behavior and they wanted to check it out.

If it went into error mode, it would turn itself off after a few mins. The display also looked like it was fading so I sent it back.

This is the tail of the 1st one I returned using USPS to Dicodes. Then Dicodes shipped it back using DHL ... then when it hit the USA it was transferred to USPS. I could track it going to Germany until it landed in Frankford. Then tracking stopped and I just waited 'till Dicodes said it arrived. On the return Dicodes sent it DHL, which handed it off the USPS in NY. I couldn't track it until it reached the USA (I used '17track'). Turn around was about 20 days.

My Dicodes V2 is back home. Here's the tail of it's journey

2020-01-31 - I mailed it USPS from my hometown in PA
    2020-02-03 09:54, GERMANY, FRANKFURT, Departed -> Your item departed a transfer airport in FRANKFURT, GERMANY on it's transit to the destination.

Then there was no tracking information updates. I had been tracking it using 17track.com and it just stopped updates.
    I tried the tracking number at the DHL site, but it wasn't even found there.

2020-02-13 I get an email from Dicodes saying "Today we returned your Dani Box V2 to you"

I emailed them back asking for a tracking number and was told "
    "We are sorry, but with the special service „DHL Warensendung“ the packages normally cannot be tracked. It lasts a little bit longer, but it works fine. Nevertheless please find attached the corresponding label."
    The 'number' on the mailing label didn't help me track it until it reach NY and was transferred to USPS.

2020-02-14 it was processed through Franfurt
    2020-02-16 it arrived in NY
    2020-02-19 it was delivered registered mail to my door.

Actually I was out for a walk around the neighborhood and my mail man pulled over and asked if I wanted to sign to a package. So it was delivered directly to me not my door. Bob, our mailman, is a great guy. I appreciate having a good mailman after some of the horror stories I heard of other people getting the mail and packages.

So total turnaround time was around 20 days and it cost me $23 to ship it to Germany.

PS: the day I got it back I placed an order with Creme de Vape for another V2. So now I'm waiting again for a Dicodes to show up. One must have backups :cool:

This one I 'bit the bullet' and payed the outrageous Fedex price to ship it back. It got there in 3 days. And Dicodes shipped it back UPS this time and I got it back in 3 days. My USPS package handing is so atrocious lately I didn't trust using it this time. Turn around time was about 2 weeks. I don't know why they switched to UPS but I'm glad they did or I'd probably still be waiting for the package.

What was going on with your mini and what did they do to it?

I don't know what they did to this one. The previous one they just replaced the screen because it was working OK ... but the screen was real dim all the time. I'm assuming they replaced the board on this one because of the problem(s).

At first I'd press the fire button and it would work normally for 3 'vapes'. Then on the 4th the screen would come on dim and it wouldn't fire at all. Take out the batt, put back in and the same thing would happen. The was very repeatable.

Then this started. I'd press the fire button, the display would come on normally, but the battery 'line/gauge' would go from full to completely empty in about 1 second. You could watch the line just move from full to empty in almost no time at all. Likewise, remove the batt, put it back in, and the same thing would happen.

I tried both scenarios with different batts with the same results.

Then finally it wouldn't come on at all. That's when I sent it back.

Impulso

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2013
    Rocklin, ca
    This is the tail of the 1st one I returned using USPS to Dicodes. Then Dicodes shipped it back using DHL ... then when it hit the USA it was transferred to USPS. I could track it going to Germany until it landed in Frankford. Then tracking stopped and I just waited 'till Dicodes said it arrived. On the return Dicodes sent it DHL, which handed it off the USPS in NY. I couldn't track it until it reached the USA (I used '17track'). Turn around was about 20 days.

This one I 'bit the bullet' and payed the outrageous Fedex price to ship it back. It got there in 3 days. And Dicodes shipped it back UPS this time and I got it back in 3 days. My USPS package handing is so atrocious lately I didn't trust using it this time. Turn around time was about 2 weeks. I don't know why they switched to UPS but I'm glad they did or I'd probably still be waiting for the package.

I don't know what they did to this one. The previous one they just replaced the screen because it was working OK ... but the screen was real dim all the time. I'm assuming they replaced the board on this one because of the problem(s).

At first I'd press the fire button and it would work normally for 3 'vapes'. Then on the 4th the screen would come on dim and it wouldn't fire at all. Take out the batt, put back in and the same thing would happen. The was very repeatable.

Then this started. I'd press the fire button, the display would come on normally, but the battery 'line/gauge' would go from full to completely empty in about 1 second. You could watch the line just move from full to empty in almost no time at all. Likewise, remove the batt, put it back in, and the same thing would happen.

I tried both scenarios with different batts with the same results.

Then finally it wouldn't come on at all. That's when I sent it back.

Wow yours does sound like it was wonky. My screen was starting to dim too. Not sure what was causing that but will provide an update once I hear back from dicodes.

Not sure what the idiots at USPS are doing but they seem to be going in circles.

af357c528aec7d3d780a6dd434ab7b05.jpg

tom65

Feb 1, 2020
    Hi, i have a Dani Mini which is by far the best mod i have ever put my hands on. I also thought that the quest for the perfect mod was over. Minutes after i ordered a SBS mod från Ambition Mods ("Easy") i happened to get a glimpse on Dicodes SBS. I now i just can't get it out of my head.

I have a question, my Dani Mini sometimes collects dirt around the buttons so they get more or less stucked, and when that happens i just take the mod apart, which is really easy, and clean the mod the the buttons and it gets brand new again.

I noticed that the SBS has a different implemented button near the top of the mod. Does anyone know if the SBS is harder to clean than the Mini and the other dicodes with similar button layout?

Thanks!
    The top button on my Dani SBS mini got gummed up as well. FWIW, I applied small amounts of 99% IPA to the actuator, worked it back and forth and then laid the mod button down and let the liquid seep down to a papertowel. A few times doing this ungummed mine. Much less convenient than just pulling it out, but it did work for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread