New ECF Sister Site - Metavaper (can I get your help?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I just logged in and wasn't asked for any code. Trying to figure out how to post a deal now.

It wont let me log in..

It tells me this:

ERROR: Your account has not been activated. Check your email for the activation link.

If you have not received an email yet, click here to resend it.

I've even asked for it to be resent and I get nothing..

Maybe I'm just banned.. :(

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
It wont let me log in..

It tells me this:

I've even asked for it to be resent and I get nothing..

Maybe I'm just banned.. :(
You're not banned :) We'll figure it out. Teething issues

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
If you make an error once it's posted it doesn't let the poster delete or edit it. If you look at the smok tank I added the first one has mispellings. I didn't realize it posted and reposted it correctly but it won't let me edit or delete the post with the errors.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Lol.. I was joking.

But yeah, when there's time I'd like to figure out how to be a member there..
I created an account with my ECF username and password. Didn’t tell me I needed an activation code, I just logged right in.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I created an account with my ECF username and password. Didn’t tell me I needed an activation code, I just logged right in.

That's what i did, same username same password as here..

No joy for me. It won't allow me to log in.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Used my name and pw from here, seems to have registered me (and given me 100 points, uh, for what?).

Some sort of a "home" page and button might be good, maybe with an intro to what the site hopes to deliver to users.

Regarding the tanks - I agree with earlier posts that more granularity there would be good. I have no use for those that use blister pack coils, for example, and others may have no interest in rebuildables, so being able to select on those sub-categories would be helpful.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I tried logging in with my ECF account, but that was a no-go. I then registered a new account, and tried to log in, which gave me an error saying to verify my account through my email. Checked that, had a link in there and followed it, but it asks for a verification code which was not supplied in an email or anywhere else.

Oh well, I gave it a shot at least.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I liked the site - nice job. I will go through it more thoroughly.

Overall definite thumbs up.

• A few minor suggestions ...
  • The menu bar first line with starter kits, etc- should be in a slightly larger font
  • Site is a little slow loading - maybe it is not cached yet with cloudflare. Possibly even recommend - choices --like a show all or show next page to improve load time.
  • The leader board -- on Chrome once I signed up and logged in ---that right sidebar seems to have disappeared. I tried it on firefox and once I log in the bar stays put. I know that wordpress sometimes does not play nice with Chrome.
  • I did not see it --if not there - a link to ECF
  • I had no issues signing up - I used the same username

Good luck with the site -- looks like it will be successful.
Chellie

Last edited:

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA

Overall definite thumbs up.

• A few minor suggestions ...
  • The menu bar first line with starter kits, etc- should be in a slightly larger font
  • Site is a little slow loading - maybe it is not cached yet with cloudflare. Possibly even recommend - choices --like a show all or show next page to improve load time.
  • The leader board -- on Chrome once I signed up and logged in ---that right sidebar seems to have disappeared. I tried it on firefox and once I log in the bar stays put. I know that wordpress sometimes does not play nice with Chrome.
Good luck with the site -- looks like it will be successful.
Chellie

TraderX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2015
Philly Suburbs
I think it is a fantastic idea! I have so many retirees, and folks on a budget asking me where to find inexpensive vape deals. I don't have time to scour the web, so this will be a time saver.

The big key to this working is that the "deals" are actually truly "good deals"! At least 99.9% of the nonsense posted in the "Deal and Steals" thread are not good deals at all. Mostly they are free advertisements for much-overpriced juice and gear that is still massively overpriced even during the announced sales.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I think it is a fantastic idea! I have so many retirees, and folks on a budget asking me where to find inexpensive vape deals. I don't have time to scour the web, so this will be a time saver.

The big key to this working is that the "deals" are actually truly "good deals"! At least 99.9% of the nonsense posted in the "Deal and Steals" thread are not good deals at all. Mostly they are free advertisements for much-overpriced juice and gear that is still massively overpriced even during the announced sales.
Agree with respect to the “Deals and Steals” thread. I once posted a better price on some batteries than was posted as a “sale” just above me, but my post was mod-deleted. Maybe because the price I posted wasn’t a “sale” price? Ahh - who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread