New ECF Sister Site - Metavaper (can I get your help?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Hi @metavaper -

I posted a deal (after having created an account) about a week to two weeks ago.

Since that time, I've never been able to even locate the ad. In addition, if I click on "Accessories", which is the category I chose for the ad, I'm taken to an error page that says:

upload_2018-7-7_23-34-0.png

Welp, I've cleared my cookies (over and over) and still, I've truly had no luck whatsoever. I've also done numerous searches with the keywords from my ad.

To no avail, sadly.

I'm still hopeful that it's just the birthing of a new babe and there are growing pains! :)

metavaper

Moved On
Jul 8, 2018
Hi @metavaper -

I posted a deal (after having created an account) about a week to two weeks ago.

Since that time, I've never been able to even locate the ad. In addition, if I click on "Accessories", which is the category I chose for the ad, I'm taken to an error page that says:

View attachment 753025

Welp, I've cleared my cookies (over and over) and still, I've truly had no luck whatsoever. I've also done numerous searches with the keywords from my ad.

To no avail, sadly.

I'm still hopeful that it's just the birthing of a new babe and there are growing pains! :)
I'll see if I can find it.

KC0YNU

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
McPherson, Kansas
Just spotted this thread a couple of minutes ago. Signed in and stumbled around abit.

most pages after the "home page" did not show product pictures

accessories page just gave me an error message of clear cookies, even after doing so.

did not see any groups yet nor link to ECF

Just my :2c:

metavaper

Moved On
Jul 8, 2018
Just spotted this thread a couple of minutes ago. Signed in and stumbled around abit.

most pages after the "home page" did not show product pictures

accessories page just gave me an error message of clear cookies, even after doing so.

did not see any groups yet nor link to ECF

Just my :2c:

Thanks for the feedback. Are you using a computer of cell phone? and which browser?

metavaper

Moved On
Jul 8, 2018
What's up with all the Spam in box mods and features. "My uncle from Nigeria wants to help you start a home business." Yada, yada, yada. I get enough of this stuff in my email box. It's really cheesy.

yeah looks like some spam posts. We cleaned it up, thanks for mentioning it. We are adding an option to report dead deals and spam deals. In general this is the nice thing about a community driven deals site. If spam or poor quality deals get posted they should be down voted rather quickly and reported by users.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Second time this has happened - it is using my gravatar photo instead of the one I uploaded. It just automatically changed. I used an uploaded photo since the leaderboard is available to anyone who visits the site --not just members and I do not want weirdos doing things while looking at my photo.

Could not get it to change so I had to go in and change my email address to correct it so I am letting you know.

PS I waited the appropriate amount of time for cache to clear - cleared all my stuff, tried from other folks' browsers and phones and my pic was still there so sadly, I deleted my account. I am very happy to help and understand the site is a work in progress however privacy is my top priority!

Last edited:

metavaper

Moved On
Jul 8, 2018
Second time this has happened - it is using my gravatar photo instead of the one I uploaded. It just automatically changed. I used an uploaded photo since the leaderboard is available to anyone who visits the site --not just members and I do not want weirdos doing things while looking at my photo.

Could not get it to change so I had to go in and change my email address to correct it so I am letting you know.

PS I waited the appropriate amount of time for cache to clear - cleared all my stuff, tried from other folks' browsers and phones and my pic was still there so sadly, I deleted my account. I am very happy to help and understand the site is a work in progress however privacy is my top priority!

Our developer is working on it. We had issues with Gravatar slowing down the site. Oliver mentioned that you would want to show an avatar instead of your real image. So I know that the developer is working on this issue.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Our developer is working on it. We had issues with Gravatar slowing down the site. Oliver mentioned that you would want to show an avatar instead of your real image. So I know that the developer is working on this issue.
Still has that typo in "Nicotine Salts" tho... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread