The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New ECF Sister Site - Metavaper (can I get your help?)

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Oliver, Jun 20, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Oliver

Oliver ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe Admin Verified Member

@chellie - I spotted that, but seems I spotted it too late :( Apologies.

Damned gravatar - naturally we don't want to "reveal" anything you don't want revealed. We've disabled Gravatar totally now. I hope you'll reconsider re-signing up.

2. ExtremeDooty

ExtremeDooty Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2017
    Michigan
    How can I enter a deal if the item brand or the affiliate store isn't listed in the pop up windows?

Edited: Kind of a nevermind, I found my deals. To rephrase, How can I enter the brand or store if it's not listed in the popups?

• Like Like x 2
  3. cooladdict

cooladdict Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2012
    Seahawk Nation
    I posted one yesterday with the brand section blank. It shows the brand in the title, so I am hoping that's enough.

4. ExtremeDooty

Aug 5, 2017
    Michigan
    I must still be doing something wrong. I've submitted a bunch of posts and haven't received the 100 points for them. When I click on the description for any of my items, I get a page that says "Houston, we have a problem." The "See Deal" function will display the appropriate website page. When I "previewed" after submitting the post, my post full description shows up and looks normal. Is there something I'm missing or not doing?

5. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I joined. Will check out later.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ExtremeDooty

Aug 5, 2017
    Michigan
    Thanks @FranC. I thought the problem was that I added a bunch over the weekend and they needed to be approved, but I found a couple of posts that were added after mine that are working fine. I also didn't get the 100 point notifications which I also assumed needed approval. Even though my posts showed up, I must be missing a step or doing something wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I just logged in and was given 100 points (thank you) but my chosen avatar is not showing but still showing on my account page. Not fond of the initial or color.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    So added a deal but not sure if I did it correctly. Want my avatar back. No pictures except when I searched by brand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ExtremeDooty

Aug 5, 2017
    Michigan
    I just found the "Edit Post" function. The system didn't like that I added $ to my prices and I needed to add an expiration date. I fixed those on a couple of my posts, but all my posts remain in pending status. I'm obviously missing something so I'll wait for a reply from admin.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. ExtremeDooty

Aug 5, 2017
    Michigan
    @Oliver, @metavaper. Can I get some help with all my posts languishing in the "Pending" list? I've tried everything I can think of.

11. gerrymi

gerrymi Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    Just went to the site for the FIRST time...

Of the six "Best Rated" sales listed (on the right)...four are listed as "EXPIRED"...:shock:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Bea-FL

Bea-FL Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    @Oliver what a great idea! The I appreciate your efforts. Having been in the website designing end years ago I also know it takes time to get this to a point where it serves the needs of most members reasonably well.

Good luck with this project and thank you again.

• Like Like x 4
  13. metavaper

metavaper Full Member

Jul 8, 2018
    We are working on avatars. Sorry about that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  14. metavaper

metavaper Full Member

Jul 8, 2018
    I'll check, they are supposed to be published daily.

15. metavaper

metavaper Full Member

Jul 8, 2018
    This should be fixed. Thanks

• Like Like x 3
  16. ExtremeDooty

Aug 5, 2017
    Michigan
    @Oliver @metavaper Is this really appropriate for the Accessories page? Technically they are accessories.

Extra 15% OFF for Adult Items from China/HK Warehouse + Wolrdwide Free shipping @TinyDeal! Expires:2018-8-9

This isn't for Bridge club sets or Weber grills. This is hardcore "adult softwear" and not for the faint of heart. I hope you're making sure underage people aren't signing up for Metavapor. The liability for a youngster linking to this page should be a concern.. (hey Mommy, what's this?)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Gotta link?:w00t:

:lol::lol::lol:

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. metavaper

metavaper Full Member

Jul 8, 2018
    :rolleyes: Must have been one of the specials Oliver was pushing. I will speak to him about that! :lol:

thanks for letting me know.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. ExtremeDooty

Aug 5, 2017
    Michigan
    It's on Metavaper on the "Accessories" page. I think someone misinterpreted the meaning of accessories in this context.:shock::censored:

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. ExtremeDooty

Aug 5, 2017
    Michigan
    Are the winners of the weekly drawings going to be announced?

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.