Status
Not open for further replies.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Here's a German Review of the Vision Aurora BFT with some good visuals.

Can someone explain to me the advantage of a bottom feeder?

Seems to me, a tank that is top fed will constantly be sending juice to the atty, while with a bottom feeder, I imagine you need to constantly squeeze the bottle, or somehow send the juice to the atty... it also seems much larger then, say, an iClear 16, or evod tank....

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious....

rjeatkrconley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Hell Paso, Texas

Seems to me, a tank that is top fed will constantly be sending juice to the atty, while with a bottom feeder, I imagine you need to constantly squeeze the bottle, or somehow send the juice to the atty... it also seems much larger then, say, an iClear 16, or evod tank....

I am thinking that the reference of "bottom feeder" is actually referring to a bottom coil clearomizer.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia

The main advantage of a bottom feeder is (in my opinion) convenience. You can benefit from the better flavor one gets when using a dripping atty without having to actually drip. All you need to do is give the bottle a squeeze now and again (a technique known as “squonking”) and you get dripping performance without dripping hassle. The flavor from a dripping atty is often better (and sometimes hugely better) than a clearomizer setup such as an iClear or an evod.

It also offers a pocket-friendly design. My usual out and about mod is a Reo mini. I get the longevity of a tank setup but, since the "tank" (which is actually a bottle) is housed within the mod, there’s no danger of breakage or leakage.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Sorry if I am missing the point here, but I am new and trying to understand "squonking" with the Reo. So the bottle in inside the Reo mod. Do you have to open a door to the Reo to get to the bottle to "squonk" it? It seems even more inconvenient than dripping, or am I wrong and misunderstood you. I have never seen a bottom feeder in person and my local B&M does not carry them so I can't see one in action. Thanks.

The main advantage of a bottom feeder is (in my opinion) convenience. You can benefit from the better flavor one gets when using a dripping atty without having to actually drip. All you need to do is give the bottle a squeeze now and again (a technique known as “squonking”) and you get dripping performance without dripping hassle. The flavor from a dripping atty is often better (and sometimes hugely better) than a clearomizer setup such as an iClear or an evod.

It also offers a pocket-friendly design. My usual out and about mod is a Reo mini. I get the longevity of a tank setup but, since the "tank" (which is actually a bottle) is housed within the mod, there’s no danger of breakage or leakage.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Sorry if I am missing the point here, but I am new and trying to understand "squonking" with the Reo. So the bottle in inside the Reo mod. Do you have to open a door to the Reo to get to the bottle to "squonk" it? It seems even more inconvenient than dripping, or am I wrong and misunderstood you. I have never seen a bottom feeder in person and my local B&M does not carry them so I can't see one in action. Thanks.

Hi Shari :)

No you don't have to open a bottom feeder's door to access the bottle. There is a cut out area of the outer body that allows you to push/squeeze/squonk it easily. It's actually a very convenient way to feed.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
It sounds like the best of both worlds. The dripping I love and the convenience to take with me. Oh boy. I will have to start saving. DH will not go for spending that much on a device. How you been Katdarling? I have to get over to your thread and say hi. Spend lots of time in my Still Smoking thread. Pretty sure I have you bookmarked.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
It sounds like the best of both worlds. The dripping I love and the convenience to take with me. Oh boy. I will have to start saving. DH will not go for spending that much on a device. How you been Katdarling? I have to get over to your thread and say hi. Spend lots of time in my Still Smoking thread. Pretty sure I have you bookmarked.

Bottom feeders are great devices to try to see if you like vaping in that way. There are others besides the Reo. The Vapage VMOD is by far less expensive and perhaps one you might like. Bogger makes gorgeous wooden bottom feeders. And there are others. There's a thread here on ECF all about BFs!

I'm very well hon, thank you! Please stop by the thread (everyone is welcome!) and visit. If you can't locate your bookmark, it's http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...nitelitevapor-liquids-they-pvliquids-com.html

loggerhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Jupiter Fl
I just noticed an updated photo on their website. Still no release or $ info..

1-130R11P02cA.jpg

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
You mean Kato's Popular III aka Square.
At this rate, what about the Zenesis SideWinder ?

Hope the availability and the price of the VTR won't match any of them...

I like the side winder and often thought how big of a tank it would hold. I am not a genesis atty person so not so sure how well it would work with tanks. I like the form factor though for sure.

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    Just wanna chime in and mention, with the Zenisis 2 line of products, you can get the Sidewinder with a 510 connection, and run whatever you like on it. ElectronicStix.Com · Zenesis Sidewinder 510

They also make it in a Carto Tank version. Im waiting for ElectronicStixs to get the Carto Tank hybrids back in stock, I want an 18650 Zenisis Carto Hybrid real bad

Crocky

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 14, 2013
    North Carolina
    Just wanna chime in and mention, with the Zenisis 2 line of products, you can get the Sidewinder with a 510 connection, and run whatever you like on it. ElectronicStix.Com · Zenesis Sidewinder 510

They also make it in a Carto Tank version. Im waiting for ElectronicStixs to get the Carto Tank hybrids back in stock, I want an 18650 Zenisis Carto Hybrid real bad

18350 batteries just kills it for me.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread