New out of Alpha - The GotVapes AlphaStar - Top Coil 1.6ml 2.4-2.6ohms- Intro Sale Through Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
gotvapes_ce5.png

GotVapes AlphaStar - Top Coil 1.6ml 2.4-2.6ohms

$4.25 $3.95 Intro Price through the holiday sale

Nearly identical to our Stardust in every way (as you can see from the product picture). I will paste the text of my preview from the ALPHA thread:

"This one is very interesting and I am trying to suss out more info on it.

What we have here basically looks like our stardust but with no exposed wick. Same screw top mouthpiece, same gradations on side of clearo, same plastic and same steel conical pip jutting out of the silicone condom covering the atomizer. It is top coil.

It has four holes punched into the center tube, two at the top and two at the cottom. My rep from our joyetech distributor says that it has wicking inside but it actually looks more like a filler sheathing pressed against the inside of the tube.

I filled and am vaping HUSH in one and it is working like gangbusters. I want to vape it all the way down past the bottom hole and see what happens. It looks like it has a very very good seal at the bottom and so far not even close to a leak but I have only been using it for the past 20 minutes.

Flavor is very clean and very true."

Our ALPHA testers generally liked this really well. The consensus was that it provided a good clean vape although it may not be as maintainable as our Stardust. You can visit the ALPHA sticky thread to read the comments and experiences. It went well enough that we thought we would put this in the main product offerings on the site.

This uses a center wick that goes down inside the tube and it is surrounded with a thin filler sheath. There are four holes, two on top and two on bottom that feed the juice to the filler sheath and then to the wicking.

One of the complaints is that the plastic could use improving as it clouded up on some when using certain juices, so be aware of that. I did ask the manufacturer to use an upgraded PC plastic and they said they did.

Last edited:

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
so this is like a punched carto in a tank all built and ready to go looks like..

It's hard to say if this is like a punched carto - from the look inside and the taste it looks like it's wicks in there, not filler. But I can tell you, the flavor and performance are terrific. Just, if you get it, let if sit for a bit to let the wicks absorb the liquid - you'll know when it's done, the liquid level will stop going down. This thing is really, really good.

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
:shock:OMG!!!! Where did the clown go ? Looking "cool" there with the shades :D

The clown cleaned up rather well. Amazing what a haircut does.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:unsure: looks like I need to make another bobbleheads :lol: it would be wonderful ! The GotVapes Bobbles ! :facepalm: <runs off before I get banned now>

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Give them to that lil boy in your pic, he'll figure it out : )

JK--These aren't as maintainable as the regular Stardusts, they aren't rebuildable or extremely maintainable but our testers gave it a thumbs up for the actual longevity of usefulness/trade-off thingy wingy

the alpha thread is very long.. could someone explain how to take these apart and clean them

gillist419

Jul 12, 2012
Westeros (aka Ohio)
thats my boy... 3 yrs old and smart as a whip... sad thing is he would figure out a way to take them apart... might give these a try sometime.... is there any replaceable parts... or do you just throw the whole unit away and buy a new one??? thanks for the info...

Give them to that lil boy in your pic, he'll figure it out : )

JK--These aren't as maintainable as the regular Stardusts, they aren't rebuildable or extremely maintainable but our testers gave it a thumbs up for the actual longevity of usefulness/trade-off thingy wingy

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
I killed my ego this week so I need to know before I order are these threaded for the 510 connection or the outside ego threads? I've got a vornado pass through left so I need to make sure its not ego threaded first.

The AlphaStar only has 510 threads, the ego style shell of the cart is not threaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread