New out of Alpha - The GotVapes AlphaStar - Top Coil 1.6ml 2.4-2.6ohms- Intro Sale Through Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatcharlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2012
prospect heights, IL
I got two in today. I really like the draw on these. It would be nice if they produced a tad bit more vapor, using it at 3.8V on a twist. I'm also hoping after at least one more tank it produces more flavor. Out of the box the flavor is the best top coil I've tried to date, but it i still lacking a little bit. The second one I have soaking in some PGA. Gonna rinse tomorrow and see if that will circumvent any sort of break in period.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
I got two in today. I really like the draw on these. It would be nice if they produced a tad bit more vapor, using it at 3.8V on a twist. I'm also hoping after at least one more tank it produces more flavor. Out of the box the flavor is the best top coil I've tried to date, but it i still lacking a little bit. The second one I have soaking in some PGA. Gonna rinse tomorrow and see if that will circumvent any sort of break in period.

I have been thinking about treating new items to a PGA bath and dry burn them also before usage lately. What got me going in this direction was dry burning a new mini vivi nova head before using it and it stunk. I don't know if it's stuff on the coil or the wicks themselves but that could explain a lot of the off taste I get on new stuff. We all talk about better taste after a break in but I am inclined to think that break in is actually slowly eliminating what was there to start with. Not to mention anything that may be on the plastic pieces. I am not saying everything fits this bill but before you try a new item do a dry burn and see what it smells like to you. You tell me.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
It has a filler sheath that lines the inside and it does have two wicks that hang down and feed the top coil...

It's hard to say if this is like a punched carto - from the look inside and the taste it looks like it's wicks in there, not filler. But I can tell you, the flavor and performance are terrific. Just, if you get it, let if sit for a bit to let the wicks absorb the liquid - you'll know when it's done, the liquid level will stop going down. This thing is really, really good.

jellokatt

Jul 27, 2012
San Jose, CA
omg! anybody know how long these usually last? just got mine today, and i want to make sure i have enough on hand. sooooooooo good! really awesome vapor production and flavor! not sure how easy they're going to be to clean though......

need to order some for my best friend too.

ok, so i'm totally disappointed now. the first one worked brilliantly right out of the package... until it died today (3 day lifespan?). no vapor, no noise, no nothing - and the battery works fine with everything else.

so, just to see if maybe i had accidentally damaged it or something, i opened the other one that came in the order, filled it with the same juice (same bottle, same batch), let it sit for a little longer this time, hooked it up to a different battery, and tried vaping - very little vapor and super tight draw. i tried another battery - same thing.

these are all ego batteries, and haven't killed anything else so far (i'm still using a couple of stardusts that are 2 months old).

jellokatt

Jul 27, 2012
San Jose, CA
Check to see if you've overtighted the carto and have pushed the positive post to far up into the 510 connector to make contact... if so, pull it down a bit.

doesn't look like it. i tried pulling it down with needle nose pliers, and it wouldn't budge. it does work, but for some reason, it takes about 10 minutes after disconnecting before it works again? i have NO clue what that's about.

fatcharlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2012
prospect heights, IL
I would agree with you completely rdsok, if there were no reference whatsoever on the GV website. However, if you follow this link: GotVapes eGo Clearomizer Line(8), it is still listed as a category. Granted when you go to the AlphaStar page there are no products listed, but is this just an oversight that the category was not deleted from the webpage, or just there's no products to sell at this time? Can you answer that question with absolute certainty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread