NEW RoyalSmokers C-E2 R4 Review, Tips, Info, Help, Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Goin' Mobile... eeh ooh, beep beep!
Why haven't they made a drip tip for these that replaces all three rings?

You know, just pull it out, drip down the side to refill, and replace.

Rumor has it the new rubber tip, currently shipping 1 per pack, is going to perform just this function on an upcoming release...

I"ve been using the tips exactly this way in my syringes - I just cut the syringes ever so slightly shorter. I use 3 ohm E2's - For me personally, it would be too warm of a vape at anything less - too close to the coil.

Last edited:

ScottB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Goin' Mobile... eeh ooh, beep beep!
I previously alluded to a couple of R4 XL wick experiments I was trying with stock way-too-short wicks & “purposeful wick distraction”. I’ve tested them both enough to post the results.

After stretching the bows to the bases, I ended up with 2 stubs at the cup. Rather than add any wick, I tried to assist the cap action in these two ways;

(1) wrapping the bows around the center post & pinning them there with the wires. No contact with the tube wall except up at the cup.

(2) wrapping each bow around an individual wire and pulling the wires wide to force as much contact with the tube wall as possible.

With each, when the tube is dropped onto the base, the stubs fold down so there are the original 3 wick strands immediately at the cup – just need to get the juice up there. In all other ways (tube ID, filler ring, etc), these are stock XL configurations. Here they are, naked… Twiggy - (1) & Bette - (2):

Twiggy Wick Distraction Post.jpg Bette Wick Distraction Post.jpg

My assumption going in was that Twiggy would cap better (many wick & wire members in close proximity around the common center tube), but I was way-wrong. In fact, Twiggy sucks. I don’t know if it’s a material issue or what, but liquid levels below the bottom of the shrink tubing don’t wick worth a damn – no matter the juice. Bette on the other hand, wicks wonderfully – all the way to the bottom of the bows. My juices love the combination of tube wall, wick strands, & wire for cap action and don’t miss the 3rd wick tail at all.

So… I’m through with XL wick experiments (the onlookers sigh with relief…) and I’m going back to my stormi-syringes & stock shorties and just vape for a while...

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
Do tell! Inquiring minds need to know and I'm heading outta town for a few days w/ limited internet.

Well, part of the base fitting and the mouthpiece is from an eGo atomizer. The tube is cut from an e-cigar. It's long enough for an XL inside, but the one in it right now has been shortened 1/4". It holds 3 ml of juice. The cup is not sealed, but it will vape in the horizontal position. It works like a br mod.

Last edited:

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread