New tendencies in vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrausAldo

Dec 8, 2015
Nowadays living a healthy life style has become very trendy. So vaping didn't stay aside. Organic 100% PG-free, pesticide-free, GMO-free and vegan e-liquids found their way on the market. What do you think about these new tendencies in vaping? Is it really so important or it's just marketing? Do you opt for e-juices with no artificial colors, artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners and any other additives?

Reactions: David Wolf

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I honestly don't care what's in my juice currently. I am more concerned with staying off smoking for good than a bit of diacetyl for example. I am not buying crap juice from shady sources either though.

That may change in the future, but for now the worst juice on the market is much healthier than the healthiest cigarette IMO.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Nowadays living a healthy life style has become very trendy. So Vaping didn't stay aside. Organic 100% PG-free, pesticide-free, GMO-free and vegan e-liquids found their way on the market. What do you think about these new tendencies in vaping? Is it really so important or it's just marketing? Do you opt for e-juices with no artificial colors, artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners and any other additives?

No.
And I make my own juice.

Vaping is a nicotine delivery system I used to kick a tobacco addiction.
If I were honestly that concerned about living a fanatically "organic" lifestyle, I wouldn't be sucking liquid nicotine off a heated kanthal coil to get my fix.

I do eat vegetarian animals.
Does that count?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I do eat vegetarian animals.
Does that count?

Yes.

Steak is concentrated vegetables.

I do use only pesticide free gasoline in my truck though.

You sure about that??

I, too, think it's mostly hype. Vaping (probably) isn't harm elimination, but harm reduction. Significant harm reduction. I (mostly) diy my juice, but don't necessarily get only "kosher" VG and such.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
The reason I'm pretty unfazed by those bogus taglines is because flavorings/PG/VG/nic is "vegetarian" and "non-GMO" by default. They're all just buzzwords to make you think they're somehow using cleaner or superior ingredients in their e-liquid, when odds are they're using the same generic "by-the-barrel" components as virtually every other e-juice manufacturer. Even if they did somehow source a supposedly "cleaner" version of PG/VG/nic, they're probably just the middle-man in a long con, and are being duped by their suppliers into thinking their VG/PG/nic is of superior quality. Everyone's a sucker.

I mean, there's so many issues with the idea of "organic PG" that I can't even begin to adequately address it. It's not a naturally-occurring substance, it's man-made, so by default how could it be "organic"? No part of it is created by macerating animals into a viscous pulp, so yeah, no .... it's "vegan" or "vegetarian". It's not grown on a farm or off a tree, so how would pesticides even come into play here? As you can see, it's not hard to poke holes in these hype-inducing buzzwords.

In fact, I'd venture to say that the companies that place a ton of emphasis on the "organic all-natural" side to their e-liquids are more likely to be doing something shady or dishonest.

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
Organic 100% PG-free, pesticide-free, GMO-free and vegan e-liquids found their way on the market. What do you think about these new tendencies in vaping? Is it really so important or it's just marketing? Do you opt for e-juices with no artificial colors, artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners and any other additives?
I work in the packaging industry. Many of the products we do are slathered with ORGANIC, NON-GMO, GLUTEN FREE badges and text. The low point of absurdity for me was doing boxes for gluten-free dog treats. :facepalm: Yes, Fido may have a gluten allergy..

I don't want to discount those that have legitimate concerns because they have medical conditions that require they avoid certain products. But 99% of the slathering of those badges and texts is pure marketing hype, riding on the sound-bite driven diminished attention span of consumers who are too busy checking their Twitter, InstaGram and Facebook accounts on their phones to actually pay attention to the real world.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
GLUTEN FREE

Without getting too deep into it, this recent craze has me pretty peeved. There are people who legitimately have celiac disease, something which would genuinely require you to cut gluten from your diet (or limit your intake), but most people are taking "gluten free" like it's the new "organic."

Some of the things that claim "gluten free" didn't even have gluten in them to begin with, and people see it in stores and go, "Oh this milk is gluten-free! Better shell out the $12/gallon premium!" I mean it's borderline dangerous, because people may be improperly attributing certain medical symptoms to a false "gluten intolerance." ie: Putting off a trip to the doctor for some nasty headaches because the home remedies/Internet medics suggest first cutting out the gluten in your diet for a month.

It's a small rant, but it can be equally applied to vaping. Organic/gluten-free/vegetarian e-liquid is just advertised that way because people are uneducated enough to be suckered into it.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Without getting too deep into it, this recent craze has me pretty peeved. There are people who legitimately have celiac disease, something which would genuinely require you to cut gluten from your diet (or limit your intake), but most people are taking "gluten free" like it's the new "organic."

Some of the things that claim "gluten free" didn't even have gluten in them to begin with, and people see it in stores and go, "Oh this milk is gluten-free! Better shell out the $12/gallon premium!" I mean it's borderline dangerous, because people may be improperly attributing certain medical symptoms to a false "gluten intolerance." ie: Putting off a trip to the doctor for some nasty headaches because the home remedies/Internet medics suggest first cutting out the gluten in your diet for a month.

It's a small rant, but it can be equally applied to vaping. Organic/gluten-free/vegetarian e-liquid is just advertised that way because people are uneducated enough to be suckered into it.

My daughter struggles with celiac more now than a couple years ago because many people assume she's just following a fad. After spending years figuring out what was wrong, she now has to deal with fools who only see the fad.

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
Nowadays living a healthy life style has become very trendy. So Vaping didn't stay aside. Organic 100% PG-free, pesticide-free, GMO-free and vegan e-liquids found their way on the market. What do you think about these new tendencies in vaping? Is it really so important or it's just marketing? Do you opt for e-juices with no artificial colors, artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners and any other additives?
I'd love to see a pesticide free juice in any strength, given that Nicotine is one of the most widely used pesticides there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread