New Variable Voltage device from smoktech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
There is a demand for high power mods, and now somebody came and produces it for small money. Within 3 or 4 month this can be bought for 60 or 70$ and others will have to remake there policis of production and prices or will disapaer.

No need to be sceptical, we know for now that a step down regulater gives far better results then a booster. Can be seen at any cheap box mod, madvapes simple vv box mod gives better power then a provari.

Thats the real world withouth all the hype.

Last edited:

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
Sooo, all the measurements you've taken so far were performed ON the device? No other meters? Sorry to be skeptical but I see you talking up the device in multiple threads and it seems a little unnecessary. Call me skeptical/pessimistic if you must..
It sounds great but I don't think he is lying to us. Just want to hold one in my own hand. Maybe he got the one super unit :p

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
There is a demand for high power mods, and now somebody came and produces it for small money. Within 3 or 4 month this can be bought for 60 or 70$ and others will have to remake there policis of production and prices or will disapaer.

No need to be sceptical, we know for now that a step down regulater gives far better results then a booster. Can be seen at any cheap box mod, madvapes simple vv box mod gives better power then a provari.

Thats the real world withouth all the hype.

Are you saying that it is easier and cheaper to regulate down batteries? Sorry not a electrical engineer just a user. Think in 4 months I could get this for 60 bucks? Think it will be like the lava tube or the Darwin where the price increased?

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
Same to me, only know the basics of electrics. But then I happen to have all kind of mods, and see how they perform. Having far more sofisticated and beautifull mods, the vv box from madvapes, or another I have from Krimsons are still under my favs.

I have the madvapes on it is great for a plastic mod that you have to use a screw driver to change the voltage. Is the Krimson you talked the guy that does plastic boxes? I am to clumsy for another plastic mod :p Make me wonder if the the smok VV can take a fall or two. I think it might because it is metal but not sure.

So basically what you where saying is it is a better vape from devices that have stacked batteries then mods that bost the voltage electronically? On that I am not clear why or if that is what you are saying. :p

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
The problem with stacked bats is

-Quality of the bats - use only good IMR like AW or other trusted brands
-Pair them and interchange first and second to put in all the time
-Have a good charger with the correct charging fases
-Dont let them drop, they could be not apropiate anymore after dropping.
-Have a mod that has all the electroicall safety circuitry.
-Have some vent holes in the tube.

-

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
  • Deleted by johnnymaestro
  • Reason: double post

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
To AaronY

IMHO yes, vape is more consistent and powerfull on mods with stacked batterys. OMG, now propably the whole PV and Darwin fan club will jump on me.

LOL I am a darwin fan. Look at this pic of my old darwin and the surge tank. It is strange looking I think it is cool. Did not mean to get you trolled. Just curious. Not sure that is how the darwin worked. Or at least I could not feel a difference between it and my madvapes VV box. But that is an interesting observation probably true with a Lava Tube or the underpowered bad interface overpriced thing that inspired it :p
So this is a more mass produced bigger battery version of the vapercore box?

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
No, I think it depends, if you are vaping a 2 Ohms carto at 4 volts on both, the Darwin and a stacked battery device, you most likely will get simular results. It changes when you get near the limits.

Or better said, The limit in a stacked device is higher even if it is powered with 2*14500 against a 18650 booster. YMMV

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
Ha, I think it is more like a Buzz with higher limits, and some of the gimmicks of a PV. Then I think it is terribly wrong compare it to a PV or Darwin.

I am convinced they are a better quality product, but also that they are priced far too high. They all are just is some 20$ electronics fitted in a nice looking case, and yes, very fine manufactured the Darwin and PV I must say.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
TOMG, now propably the whole PV and Darwin fan club will jump on me.

Probably only the Provari club as some of them think because they can buy a $159 device it is the best. Seems like people that own other good devices don't feel as "special" lol. I could have bought a dozen of them yesterday with cash but I still didn't even buy one Provari. Don't get me wrong it's decent but it's not any kind of "holy grail" of PV's. I got sick of reading about it and started fighting back..not everyone thinks the device is great even some Provari owners but most are afraid to argue about it here...

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
Yeaah, knowing human behaviour, some will get upset if another mod hits the market who outperforms theirs, and at a third of the price. Some will do whatever to proove it is worst.

Then I do agree that if not because of the labour of all these Buzz/PV/Darwin/mod boxes builders, we would still be vaping with a 510 or ego bat. The Chinese didn´t care untill the market became saturated. Long live the international competition!!!

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Ha, I think it is more like a Buzz with higher limits, and some of the gimmicks of a PV. Then I think it is terribly wrong compare it to a PV or Darwin.

I'm curious what makes you consider the Buzz Pro and the Provari that different other than the stacked batts and the bells and whistles? There are obvious differences between the Darwin and either device but, the Buzz Pro and the Provari deliver pretty much the same thing with different controls.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
They don't deliver the same thing. At least 1/2 the max wattage with no stacked batteries. I like 22 watts. You can't get there on either of those devices.

I'm curious what makes you consider the Buzz Pro and the Provari that different other than the stacked batts and the bells and whistles? There are obvious differences between the Darwin and either device but, the Buzz Pro and the Provari deliver pretty much the same thing with different controls.

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
Probably only the Provari club as some of them think because they can buy a $159 device it is the best. Seems like people that own other good devices don't feel as "special" lol. I could have bought a dozen of them yesterday with cash but I still didn't even buy one Provari. Don't get me wrong it's decent but it's not any kind of "holy grail" of PV's. I got sick of reading about it and started fighting back..not everyone thinks the device is great even some Provari owners but most are afraid to argue about it here...

I have noticed the rise of Provari's in the classifieds for sale.

VAPNJ350

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Jacksonville,FL.
I've notice that on several pix of the VMax but it has no slotted vents. There are groves along the tube for better grip.

Maybe Smoktech has an idea for meeting proposed EMSS specs? It may be pretty easy for them to cut slotted vents along those groves because the tube is painted brass. The end cap has some small perforated vents and may be made of plastic to better serve as a blow-out plug.

On my Vmax that Im holding their is only 1 vent hole in the bottom cap. The entire mod is made out of copper "end cap also" NO PLASTIC on this mod. They were thinking of making the grooves on the side of the unit see thru slots, but it was more for looks to see the batteries not really venting but would serve the purpose also. I dont know if it will hold up like the Provari does under dropping but Ive dropped mine 3 times now on my kitchen floor thats travertine marble and on my granite counter tops that is Black absolute,which is the hardest granite you can buy and the most dense and hardest granite made and so far its still fine. Honestly I wasnt expecting this device to be even half of what it is,it takes a lot to impress me when it comes to technology being a IT grad but I must say this device has impressed me in more than a few ways and I can find faults in anything technological,provari and darwin included,but Ive always loved my provari. Take care everyone. .....J

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It is more then 3 times more powerful then the provari. If you want a worst unser interface like being limited watt device, and pay more get a provari. To compair this to that failed attempt at a VV is insane.

3 Times the Power?

OK. What if someone Doesn't Need 3 Times the Power?

My Provari does Everything I want it to do. So Power for Powers sake isn't very important to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread