• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New VIP S.G. Members Introduce Yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hi Sandfury! Welcome to the VIP group. Hope you can make it this Sunday or to a future meeting. Sounds like a long drive isn't a big deal for you :)

Check out the posts in the VIP forum for local suppliers and other interesting stuff (like pics of the members from our monthly socials). We all meet up in Facebook too.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the forum or e-cigs.

@ Erfmann - thanks for rounding up stray Zonies and pointing them in in the direction of the VIP social group!!

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
Hello all. Just thought I would take a moment and introduce myself. I was posting in another forum and Erfmann recommended that I come join the group. My name is TJ, currently residing in Maricopa, AZ. Loving my 100mile a day commute as it allows me to enjoy vaping while getting me awesome looks from random people driving next to me. (ok I really don't enjoy my 100 mile commute but I got a screaming deal on my house).

I have been vaping for 3 weeks now, started looking over a year ago then kinda fell off as I thought it was to expensive and I couldn't get my wife on board with the idea. A friend of mine gave me a call to tell me all the benefits of him switching to vaping and had him talk to my wife. Sure enough later that night I bought my first PV an Ego-T. Had 1 real smoke a week after getting my Ego and almost threw up and I haven't looked back since. Have learned a little about mixing my own juice and got a new Go Go yesterday (so far so good). Either way I look forward to being involved in a community full of people dedicated to improving their health and overall enjoyment of life through vaping.

Welcome to the group and big thank you to Erfmann for telling you about our group. Sounds like you have yourself setup with some good equipment. Congratulations on dumping the cigarettes and switching to a pv. Look forward to meeting you real soon.

Happy Vaping,
Paula in Arizona City, AZ

Cisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
Arizona
Hi everyone, just popping in to "meet" some vapers in my very own state. Thank you Erfmann and Sandfury who mentioned this area of the forum. It's just taken me a while to find my way. :)

I'm married, recently retired *small happy dance* have two spoiled cats - which explains the avatar - love to read and have been living at Parker Dam for the past 20+ years.

I stumbled onto ECF while searching for something on the internet. I'm not sure what, I tend to get distracted by links and somehow found myself here and couldn't stop reading. Still can't. I smoked for 40 years, was up to 2 pad after retiring and developed a rather nasty cough. Like so many, had tried everything to quit. This forum is my salvation; my cough is gone and I feel better than I have in a long time. 35 days analog free. :banana:

I started vaping that nice Riva Carto Delux set LF offered. Shortly thereafter I was caught up in the GoGo thread and ordered one of those, too. Both are great pvs and as long as they keep me off analogs, I hope I won't have to continually buy the newest thing. I'm not too sure how that's going to work out. lol

I haven't joined facebook so I'm just going to do some reading in the other threads here. Nice to meet everyone!

Hi everyone, just popping in to "meet" some vapers in my very own state. Thank you Erfmann and Sandfury who mentioned this area of the forum. It's just taken me a while to find my way. :)

I'm married, recently retired *small happy dance* have two spoiled cats - which explains the avatar - love to read and have been living at Parker Dam for the past 20+ years.

I stumbled onto ECF while searching for something on the internet. I'm not sure what, I tend to get distracted by links and somehow found myself here and couldn't stop reading. Still can't. I smoked for 40 years, was up to 2 pad after retiring and developed a rather nasty cough. Like so many, had tried everything to quit. This forum is my salvation; my cough is gone and I feel better than I have in a long time. 35 days analog free. :banana:

I started vaping that nice Riva Carto Delux set LF offered. Shortly thereafter I was caught up in the GoGo thread and ordered one of those, too. Both are great pvs and as long as they keep me off analogs, I hope I won't have to continually buy the newest thing. I'm not too sure how that's going to work out. lol

I haven't joined facebook so I'm just going to do some reading in the other threads here. Nice to meet everyone!

Congrats and welcome! :D

Desert Willow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Bullhead City, AZ
Hello All!

I have been here awhile, just never took the time to intro myself properly... spending too much time in the activism threads I guess. I can't help it, the FDA really is out of control and it upsets me... so I write snail-mail letters, leave comments at websites, and make phone calls.

I am 59 years young, short (only 5' tall), and in perfect shape, if you consider round a great shape. I am a long retired RN, a grandma, a former Master Gardener with U of AZ, still a hippie, a hugger, and an activist. (I believe one needs 22 hugs a day to stay healthy and I am not afraid to ask complete strangers for hugs.) I need sunlight daily and get grouchy if I miss more then a week, so I garden almost everyday. The kids in the neighborhood all know me by name and come to visit and help in the garden. I am fluent in passive solar architecture, gray water recycling, nuclear waste issues, and ethnobotany. I study herbology, people, and comparative world religions. I follow the path of earth religions, some call me a witch, and it's cool with me. I try to have fun everyday, and at least 1 adventure.

I live in rural AZ, in Bullhead City. I moved back home to take care of my mother (who was also my best friend) and her animals 6 years ago. We have 9 dogs and 3 cats right now, most with various issues. Mom took in abused animals and we rehabilitate them so they can go to new homes. She died at Thanksgiving and I miss her, but I talk to her daily and it helps me to cope with the loss.

I smoked 42 years, rolled my own and did not use filters. When they put Mom on oxygen, we stopped smoking and started vaping. That was in Sept 2010. I tried to smoke an analog cig a couple of times since then, but I have lost my taste for them. I still have my original 510, but it is starting to act up and I am going to have to replace it soon.... very soon.

That's about it, I am pretty laid back and easy to be around. Pleased to meet you!

Brightest Blessings!

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
Hello Desert Willow,
It is nice to meet you and congratulations on your decision to kick cigarettes out of your life. How or who first introduced you to vaping? I started on the 510's, then went to the Buzz, ego's, and a couple other mods. Being a hands on gal, I am curious as to if you mix your own juices?

My friend Eva Summers and her hubby, John, live in Bullhead City. I live in Arizona City, (between Tucson & Phoenix) and it is a small town too. Hope to get out that way for a visit one of these days.

Welcome to the group and
Happy Vaping,
Paula

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Glad you found your way in DW. Sorry to hear about your mother. My Dad passed away on Thanksgiving as well (then my mother Jan. 9th) so I get ya. It's a strange life transition when your parents go. Your mom sounds like a very special lady (anyone who helps animals is an angel on earth in my book!)

Well, we're past Phase I with the FDA and at least we're all using a legal product. It's upsetting that they still have the power to try to regulate these, but then I'm well stocked up and prepared for anything that would happen. I started vaping back in the day where we all started hoarding just in case. I'm set for 10 years. LOL

I know you said in PM that you probably will never come down for a Social... that's ok. We're happy to have you hang out with us here (or on the FB page). Let me know if you do ever plan on coming in to the Phoenix area.

Cisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
Arizona
Hi Desert Willow, I was happy to see someone "over here" - I get up to Laughlin now and then so you are not too far away from me. So sorry to hear you lost your mom, lost mine at Thanksgiving also but it was 19 years ago. Doesn't seem that long. Being a lover of animals I was quite touched to read your and your mom's involvement in rescue. wonderful. I'm a lover of hugs, too, even virtual. So, (((Willow))) nice to meet you! :)

Desert Willow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Bullhead City, AZ
Hello Desert Willow,
It is nice to meet you and congratulations on your decision to kick cigarettes out of your life. How or who first introduced you to vaping? I started on the 510's, then went to the Buzz, ego's, and a couple other mods. Being a hands on gal, I am curious as to if you mix your own juices?

My friend Eva Summers and her hubby, John, live in Bullhead City. I live in Arizona City, (between Tucson & Phoenix) and it is a small town too. Hope to get out that way for a visit one of these days.

Welcome to the group and
Happy Vaping,
Paula

Hi Paula,

I have seen your posts in many of the same threads I visit. You have a good feel to you and next time you are up in this area to visit Eva and John, drop on by. House is always a mess and I am usually out in the yard.

I researched the internet for vaping info and landed here at ECF, read as much as I could as fast as I could. Mom had open-heart surgery with complications in Aug and all 3 of us had to stop smoking because of the O2 machines and tanks. Well, I knew that would be a dismal failure, so got the 510's for all of us. Never looked back.

Yes, I am starting DIY. We have some juices to tide us over until my gardening frenzy is done... when temps are over 105. I had surg replacing a bone in my right wrist just after Christmas and was in a cast til March so I am working the garden like a fiend to make up for lost time. Until my garden is back in order... no new projects. (....But I do have some coarsely ground expresso beans steeping in some nasty bland 30mg Dekang pg juice that should be ready to pull in 2 weeks...doing the 28 day tincture... then will follow it with some nice VG to get all the extra flavor out of the beans and see if 50/50 juice will work. Doing the same with some green tea and black tea in a couple other dk fruit juices. I did not know how much I did not like pg when I bought them as a noob and I hate to waste stuff. These juices are too horrid to PIF.)

Brightest Blessings!

Desert Willow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Bullhead City, AZ
Glad you found your way in DW. Sorry to hear about your mother. My Dad passed away on Thanksgiving as well (then my mother Jan. 9th) so I get ya. It's a strange life transition when your parents go. Your mom sounds like a very special lady (anyone who helps animals is an angel on earth in my book!)

I know you said in PM that you probably will never come down for a Social... that's ok. We're happy to have you hang out with us here (or on the FB page). Let me know if you do ever plan on coming in to the Phoenix area.

Thanks! I will contact you if I am ever out that way. For me, driving over 10 miles is considered a day trip, altho I do get down to Needles every Sunday for band rehearsal. LOL... I am a grandma groupie for a prog band... who woulda thunk it?

Brightest Blessings!

Desert Willow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Bullhead City, AZ
Hi Desert Willow, I was happy to see someone "over here" - I get up to Laughlin now and then so you are not too far away from me. So sorry to hear you lost your mom, lost mine at Thanksgiving also but it was 19 years ago. Doesn't seem that long. Being a lover of animals I was quite touched to read your and your mom's involvement in rescue. wonderful. I'm a lover of hugs, too, even virtual. So, (((Willow))) nice to meet you! :)

Hi Cisme,

Hugs! Stop by when coming to Laughlin, play with the furry kids and share a vape. I am moving plants around right now (I move plants like other women rearrange furniture), then digging a pond by the kitchen window.

We have pretty much a drop-in house. Never know who is going to drop in but I like surprises so it is all good.

Brightest Blessings!

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
Howdy, Phoenix vapers!

I'm a 30+ year militant smoker. I've been using a crappy little cart-based e-cig for a couple of years now to get me thru movies and airports and such, and about 3 weeks ago, it died at 32,000 feet and I vowed to replace it when I got back home.

After asking some of my pals at work who vape (and were significantly more serious about it than I was), I settled on an eGo Tank, and it arrived two weeks ago last Friday. I tossed a battery on to charge, and when it was done, put out the cigarette I was smoking to try it out.

That was the last cigarette I've had. I'm at 16 days now, 11 days longer than the longest I'd ever quit before - and I didn't intend to quit. That 5-day stint was immediately following my mom's death from lung cancer, and when I broke in the face of that, I accepted that I would smoke until the day I died, and made a vow that I wouldn't let the cancer take me like that, I'd find a more suitable exit when I knew the end was coming.

Anyway - I didn't intend to quit, but I seem to have done exactly that. The vape is just so much better than what I was using before, and it even surpassed my 2-packs-of-wides-a-day habit in keeping me in the blissful embrace of nicotine. I hold no ill will towards smokers, and still consider myself one... even though technically, I'm just a more efficient nicotine addict now. I didn't quit, I upgraded... and now I have to face the prospect of growing old, something I've been actively trying to avoid with the business end of a Zippo for decades. Crazy how things work out sometimes.

I'm glad to see there's such an active forum for local vapers, now maybe I can find a local retailer as well as meet some new folks with similar interests. Howdy!

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
davelog - welcome and congrats on quitting!! Come to the Phoenix meet on the 22nd. There should be a post soon. There is a facebook for Phoenix area vapors but I don't do FB. At the meet, last one had about 40 people, there are all kinds of devices and juices and great people to show and share. Hope you make it. Vaping is waaay better than smoking!

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
Thanks, NebulaBrot! I don't do the facebook thing either (drives my wife nuts), good to see kindred souls in that arena. There aren't many people left who don't live thru facebook.

We may very well make the next meet, both my wife and I are vaping full-time now (although she still has a couple of cigs a day, also down from 2 packs/day), and are enjoying the new possibilities upgrading to good gear has presented to us - this forum included.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Here's the info on the next Social http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...8-may-22nd-ecf-vip-meetup-sun-up-brewing.html

Welcome Dave and Wife! Good to hear you're finding good vaping gear. By the way, do you know about Ecigsupply.com here locally? They're at Peoria and 44th Avenue Ecigsupply for all your e-cig needs and Chad's at our Socials and brings goodies to sell and donates great things for our raffles!

Our FB page is pretty much the only FB thing I do. Doesn't take much time and there are pretty lively conversations in there. Good people in our group and usually someone there to answer questions quickly. Maybe just check it out? Login | Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread