The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Newest of the New! A 510 Dual Coil Atomizer! 1.5 ohm

Discussion in 'Clouds of Vapor' started by Bigbuyer, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. fsroq

fsroq Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 17, 2011
    Spain
    Your welcome. They are just amazing.

2. dspin

dspin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2010
    USA

If I may suggest, take it to 6V - it will vape well. I took about 10 hits and it was just a tad too much. Took it back to 3.7 and it's still hitting well. Can't think of another atty you could do that with. Usually once you take it and vape it at 6V there's no going back.

3. casualuser

casualuser Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2011
    NYC
    Do these work well on Bottom feeders?

4. Bigbuyer

Bigbuyer Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2009
    Florida, USA
    Yes, I have tried them with many. Works great!

5. SteveFromNY

SteveFromNY Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    New York
    Please explain dual coil to me...

So if this is a 1.5ohm dual coil atty, is it equivalent to a regular 3.0 atty?

6. fsroq

May 17, 2011
    Spain
    Its 2 3 Ohm coils working for you at the same time. But then your battery will see 1.5 Ohms. So better have a fat bat or a mod.

7. SteveFromNY

SteveFromNY Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    New York
    LOL, I still don't get it...[​IMG]

OK, I have a ProVari. With any 1.5ohm atty, I usually vape at 3.7-4.5 volts.

So with this atty, will a 1.5 dual coil atty need more power than this? Like 5.0 - 6.0?

8. jkoppk

jkoppk Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2011
    hanover,PA.
    I use this atty on my Alpha Ultramax w/RES and it works great.I'm running it at 3.7 volts and the vapor is slightly warm with great flavor.I can't wait to get my 3 volt AW's to try this thing at 6 volts.

9. dspin

Sep 2, 2010
    USA
    This puppy works well at 3.7 all the way up to 6V - however you want to run it. Bruce has a win win with this one. I don't know about going higher as I only use 3.0 batts stacked

10. Dr.Hindenburg

Dr.Hindenburg Full Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Tulsa, Ok
    I saw these while googling for something else on Saturday, and just had to give them a try. I love DC cartos, but hate polyfill, so I drip and run high voltages instead. I'd been wondering what a DC atty would be like, and now I know.

Holy crap! I just opened the envelope an hour ago, blew out a tiny bit of primer (not even enough to soak a paper towel, nice), and put in about 12 drops. This thing is insane. It works beautifully anywhere from 3v to 7.4v, holds an incredible amount of fluid for an atty, doesn't leak, and stands above my 306/510's. I'm usually a cheapskate about buying atties, but this is definitely worth it if it holds out a month or two. I'm gonna OD on joy from using this at 4.5v.

11. fsroq

May 17, 2011
    Spain
    Any update when the 2 Ohms DC will be available?

12. jkoppk

Apr 16, 2011
    hanover,PA.
    Soon I hope,I'm gonna get at least 1 of every resistance he comes out with to give it a try.I'm wondering how the 2 ohm will be in my Ultramax with 2 AW IMR 16340's stacked.I was gonna try it with the 1.5 but I only have 1 and don't wanna ruin it.

13. fsroq

May 17, 2011
    Spain
    I want the 2 Ohm, because I have a mod limited to 2.5 amps, so to 3.7 volts/9.1 Watts if using a 1.5 Ohm atty. A 2 Ohm would bring this up to 5 Volts/12.5 watts, just what it needs.

14. dspin

Sep 2, 2010
    USA
    I can't wait to try the 2.0 - the 1.5 is just a tad too much for me at 6V, though its great at 3.7 - do yourself a favor all and grab some of these before the word gets out. Then they may be difficult to procure.

15. fsroq

May 17, 2011
    Spain
    I also have some 1.5 and they are great at 3.7V. but they would be even better at some more power.

16. dspin

Sep 2, 2010
    USA

What's great about them is I took mine to 6V for about 10 vapes, then back to 3.7 and all was well. You can't do that w/a regular atty. Wouldn't mind it myself to take it higher, just not 6V. I'll have to wait for the VV GG to do that.

17. fsroq

May 17, 2011
    Spain
    Lets see if Bruce turns up and has something to say about when the other Ohms will be available. HI Bruce, where are You! To early for Florida I think. lol. Or is it too late.

18. Dr.Hindenburg

Dr.Hindenburg Full Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Tulsa, Ok
    I decided to do some math, and I'm definitely hoping to see a 2/2.5 ohm version of this atty. Since my box mod has a 3A regulator, I decided to find the sweet spots for that (well, highest wattage for 3A). I came out with 2.0 ohms at 3A/18W at 6v, and 2.5 at 2.96A/21.9W at 7.4v (2.8A/19.6W at 7v for the sane folks out there).
    The 1.5'er hits 3A/13.5W at 4.5v. Still more than enough to fog up my entire living room in minutes, mind you.:vapor:

19. Doomed!

Doomed! Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2011
    Denver
    I've only used this atty for a couple of hours, but my first impression is that this is the best atty I've ever used. Great vapor and flavor. What I really like about them is the consistency. From the first hit, it performs great right up till it needs to be topped off. Really fantastic. Time will tell if it can hold up and remain consistent, but my hopes are high.

20. jkoppk

Apr 16, 2011
    hanover,PA.
    I'm hoping for a 2.5 ohm too for this atty.I'm sure the dual coil atty at 2.5 ohms will perform better than the 2.5 ohm dual coil cartos I have been using at high voltage.I stack 2 AW IMR 16340's in my Ultramax when using them and that's how I plan to use the dual coil attys.My load meter shows 8.4 volts to start and 7.6 volts under load while vaping.The hit is tremendous and the flavor is still there and huge loads of warm vapor that I love.I take about a 1 second hit and get as much vapor as a 5 second hit on a regular setup.The ohms law calculator show this to be just over 23 watts of power,it's just crazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.