Status
Not open for further replies.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Bruce is at Vapercon so I'm sure he'll be on here when he can. I've been using mine at 6V on my Reo Mini and it's going strong for a month now...haven't even cleaned it and I'm using a really sweet juice that even crystallizes at the connector. I just ordered 6 more with the coupon code. I can't wait until the other ohms come out. This is the only atomizer that I have fallen in love with...other than that, I'm a carto cat.

jkoppk

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
hanover,PA.
I have been running my 1.5 ohm dual coil atty in my Ultramax at 3.7 volts for a long time now and got bored and decided to try it at 6 volts.I only have one of them so I was kinda worried about burning it out but I have lots of other attys so I said the hell with it.I used the Ultramax because it's mechanical and none of my electronic mods will provide over 3 amps of current.I put 2 freshly charged AW LiFePO4 3.2 volt 500 mah batteries in it and put my load meter on it and it showed 6.8 volts.So I loaded the RES and atty up with Vaperite Organic 2x Butterscotch my all day vape and tried it.I still can't believe the quality of hit this atty is giving me.At such a high power level you would think flavor would be muted or gone but it's not,in fact it's the same as 3.7 volts only more of it and much warmer.The voltage drops down to 5.5 volts under load while vaping and according to the Ohms Law Calculator that's 20.1 watts of power pulling 3.66 amps of current.I have been using it like this for a few hours now and i'm amazed it's still working.I think that 2 ohms will be perfect at this voltage and a lot longer lived.Props to Bruce and COV,this is one of the best attys I have ever used and I will be ordering many more.

Dr.Hindenburg

Jul 12, 2011
Tulsa, Ok
Still loving this atty, but I've noticed it seems to have some issues wicking to one of the coils from time to time, as I keep noticing the normal flavor of my fluid, with some burnt flavor mixed in. It's not harsh, but it's not always pleasant. I'm assuming the top coil is getting dry early, since it happens a few drags in. I had this happen with 50/50 VG/PG, 20/80, and 100% PG, and between 3.5 and 4.5v.
Not a major complaint, I'm just bringing this up in the hopes that it can be fixed in future atties.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Did this thread get closed down? Nothing for over a week and BigBuyer hasn't been around to answer questions for over two weeks.

At any rate I thought I would post a link to what may well be the first Dual Coil Atti that was put together by Cisco back in September 2009.

The Ultimate Atomizer, Dual 510 coils in an 801 shell

Errol

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
I've been using mine at 6V on my Reo Mini and it's going strong for a month now...haven't even cleaned it and I'm using a really sweet juice that even crystallizes at the connector. I just ordered 6 more with the coupon code.

You were one of the first to try the Dual Coil Atty and I'm curious if you are still using the first one and if it is your primary vape? If so that is a great recommendation for longevity, especially at 6v.

I use a LR 901 bridgless atty as one of two primary vapes and have gone through two in a little over three months at 3.7v. For me that is a record for longevity as I usually get less than a week out of most LR atties, or cartos for that matter at any voltage. I have a couple of dual coil atties and am hoping to get a similar longevity from them.

Will be pleased to hear from anyone else with their history of longevity with these atties.

Errol

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
I'd be interested too, Errol. I just got my first 1.5 ohm dc atty this afternoon from cov. Put it on my Provari and it's showing 1.9 ohms, however once i put some juice in it and took a few hits it's showing at 2.0 ohms.

Started at 3.3 volts which was not enough power and have now got it up to 4.5 volts without any error messages. It seems to be hitting well but no marked difference than my usual joytech 2.5 ohm atties at 4.7 volts. I'll post an update in a few days.

cheers,

p.s I'm using 50/50 juice from FSUSA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread