NHaler getting ready to premiere new website!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
If it's this week he might be sold out by next week! LOL

I'll pray for next week, while I install my new Quad Core, 4GB DDR3, CF motherboard :p to all those that know what I'm even typing lol......

I wants to play some BF2, and COD4!!!

Sounds good, but you forgot to say what vid card you put in Mr. l33t gamer. Hope you're running Windows 7 on that machine - it would appreciate it!

COD4 was great but getting old. Modern Warfare 2 due out Nov10. :)

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma
Not sure what card I'm going to run. Might run it stock for a while, might install a 9800GTX in it, I am looking at the new ATi 5k that was released today might wait and pick up two of them after the hype of the release.

I need to get a new copy of 7, and I need to go to staples to buy some rubber eraser so I can hook up my phase. Might install 32bit windows, and see how high of a stable OC I can get. 64bit seems to cut out around 4Ghz for some reason......

I also screwed up, and ordered just 2Gb of DDR3 lol but I already have a couple of sticks it will just be miss matched if I decided to use it or order 2 more sticks.

Really I'm happy to be jumping off this laptop I have been using.....

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Not sure what card I'm going to run. Might run it stock for a while, might install a 9800GTX in it, I am looking at the new ATi 5k that was released today might wait and pick up two of them after the hype of the release.

I need to get a new copy of 7, and I need to go to staples to buy some rubber eraser so I can hook up my phase. Might install 32bit windows, and see how high of a stable OC I can get. 64bit seems to cut out around 4Ghz for some reason......

I also screwed up, and ordered just 2Gb of DDR3 lol but I already have a couple of sticks it will just be miss matched if I decided to use it or order 2 more sticks.

Really I'm happy to be jumping off this laptop I have been using.....

I can relate to the "jumping off the laptop" feeling. Very happy for you.

I'd stay with 64bit Windows 7. Love mine - starts with a B and ends in orrent ;)

I used to swear by Nvidia but ATI is killing 'em now on price point. Plus their drivers are much much better. Also, IMHO SLI is badly overrated. They waste too much time talking to each other. I'd much rather have one good card than two mediocre ones. Then, a year from now, if you can't afford the latest greatest, the one you have will be real cheap and then you can go SLI for a little boost.

Personally, if it's a choice between the two, I'd get the vid card and wait on the ram.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
I can relate to the "jumping off the laptop" feeling. Very happy for you.

I'd stay with 64bit Windows 7. Love mine - starts with a B and ends in orrent ;)

I used to swear by Nvidia but ATI is killing 'em now on price point. Plus their drivers are much much better. Also, IMHO SLI is badly overrated. They waste too much time talking to each other. I'd much rather have one good card than two mediocre ones. Then, a year from now, if you can't afford the latest greatest, the one you have will be real cheap and then you can go SLI for a little boost.

Personally, if it's a choice between the two, I'd get the vid card and wait on the ram.

WHAT????????????????
I thought the ecig lingo was confusing at first but I really have NO idea what you guys are talking about now!!!!

alphafemale

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Marshall, Michigan
Know what you mean Drew, we have a friend that is a computer geek (no offense). I call him up and try to make the noises that my computer is making and he rattles off a bunch of shtuff, then after a long pause on my end, he says "be right there". lol

He's getting some time off right now cause I just got a new Dell Inspiron with Vista. Vista is ok if you have all new software. Thankfully some of the manufactures of my embroidery software have figured out how to make their stuff work with it.

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma
WHAT????????????????
I thought the ecig lingo was confusing at first but I really have NO idea what you guys are talking about now!!!!
:p

Confusing??? Naw not this stuff, but when you get into hardcore overclocking and messing with a hundred different settings. Just to move up the speed just a hair to out do someone by a tenth of a sec is with it makes you pull your hair out....

With 7 coming out Vista will really start to shine. The main problem was drivers, and now they are really pushing out vista/7 drivers. 32bit will always work better than 64 just because there are more cheaper computers than expensive ones.....Yet when you get a 64bit machine up and running perfect it does run faster(better memory management).

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
I could use your help right now...I am SUCH a ..... when it comes ot these computers...I am one of the handiest people you will evr meet...I can fix just about anything..Masonry, carpentry, electric, cars, whatever I have always had a knack for figuring things out...But these computers are just a whole other ball game....Arghhhh!!!!

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Just placed a (fairly) small order, and was made to change my password. OK, guess I can live with that. Then I also had to fill in address info and credit card info again. What's the point of having a login if you need to fill everything out again anyway?

Just a very small gripe.

Check the drop down above the name and address fields. Select your username and it should fill in everything for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread