Status
Not open for further replies.

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
Hey there needvapor - I can tell you it does have something to do with hoever the factory forumlates their juice vs. Drew.

My current KR Cartoz w/ factory 555 - makes me cough after just a few drags, has a harsh inhale *to me*. I rinse one out real well, refill with 24mg 555 from Drew, even straight, and it is smooth with a nice throat hit, but no scratchy or harshness with the inhale.

I am pretty sure that Drew's stuff is still PG at the moment so I don't know how he does it, but they are way smoother and way tastier!

Take care,
- Hap

Hello everyone,
I am hoping you all can answer some questions for me. I was going to place an order with Drew but decided to read this thread first which is a good thing but I am now totally confused. If I seem to ramble please excuse me but I suspect some questions will just pop into my head as I am writing.

I just started vaping. Yesterday as a matter of fact and although I don't blame the supplier, I have to say it hasn't been a pleasant experience so far. I bought mostly 24 mgs because I smoke Marby Reds which is a strong cig so I thought that would probably be best for me. I did also get one flavor of 18 and 11 mgs. The first one I tried (24) just about made me cough up a lung. Then I tried one of the 18's. Still very harsh and I have to admit the flavor was like perfume. I tried the 11. It was like smoking air but still a harsh air. Soooo, I ended up with a sore throat and headache and still smoking analogs. Am I having problems with the PV? I just don't know.

Anyway I decided to give Drew a try to see if there is any difference (haven't ordered yet) but after reading these comments, it sounds like Drews liquids are smoother. I have no idea which mgs to try if the harshness didn't come from the nic level. I still can't imagine that at least 18's would be too strong as far as nic is concerned. Any input?

I am also wondering:
How to clean out a cartomizer if I want to try a different flavor?

How do I blow out some of the liquid in the ones I have so that maybe I can add either VG or distilled water to cut down on the harshness. Then how do I add it? I do have syringes because one of our cats has diabetes. I have to admit I don't want to have to waste all that money.

I remember reading about one person who said VG gave her sinus problems. Is that common? I have enough sinus problems although most of it is probably from smoking. :)

This question doesn't have anything to do with Drews product but maybe someone will answer it anyway. In the directions for the e-cig I bought (vapor king) it says it is best to keep them in a horizontal position. Is there any harm in just placing them in a front shirt pocket? Much easier to me. If it is okay to do that, is there a certain end that should be up?

I'm feeling a little desperate and bummed right now. I want to stop the analogs but I just can't vape what I have right now.

Thank you in advance for any help.

alphafemale

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Marshall, Michigan
Welcome Sky! Sorry you are having soo many problems getting started, but thank goodness you have come to the right place for answers.

I don't know alot about the different models, I have a KR808D-1, which I think is similar to the Vapor King (someone else will correct me if I'm wrong).

What flavors are your cartomizers? I don't think the nic level has anything to do with the coughing. Don't drag on it like an analog but more like a straw. And not as big of a hit as you would take from an analog.

As far as horizontal or verticle, I dunno, I lay my KR both ways!

To clean the cartomizer, rinse really good under hot water and allow to dry fully. You have to take it apart some. There are videos up here about this. I'm just not good at remembering where exactly they are located.

You could also PM Drew and set up a time to call him on the phone. I read the forums for days before I started. I PM'd Drew and one other person asking what I should get according to what my specifications were. Drew made a suggestion and I went for it. The other guy tried to talk me into something that I didn't want to do at the time.

Hope I have helped. Good luck.

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
Welcome Sky! Sorry you are having soo many problems getting started, but thank goodness you have come to the right place for answers.

I don't know alot about the different models, I have a KR808D-1, which I think is similar to the Vapor King (someone else will correct me if I'm wrong).

What flavors are your cartomizers? I don't think the nic level has anything to do with the coughing. Don't drag on it like an analog but more like a straw. And not as big of a hit as you would take from an analog.

As far as horizontal or verticle, I dunno, I lay my KR both ways!

To clean the cartomizer, rinse really good under hot water and allow to dry fully. You have to take it apart some. There are videos up here about this. I'm just not good at remembering where exactly they are located.

You could also PM Drew and set up a time to call him on the phone. I read the forums for days before I started. I PM'd Drew and one other person asking what I should get according to what my specifications were. Drew made a suggestion and I went for it. The other guy tried to talk me into something that I didn't want to do at the time.

Hope I have helped. Good luck.

Thank you for responding alphafemale.
I hate to sound like a little whiner but I'm just not sure what the problem is. I too read the forums for weeks (to the point I thought my head would explode) :) so I knew there would be trial and error but I didn't think I would have so many problems. I didn't really think I would have a problem with the PV and I still don't know if that is the problem.

The flavors I bought were, pineapple 24, grape 18, peach cobbler 24 and Marlboro 11 and then some refill bottles. I thought I would use the 18's and 11's for some "light" smoking. HA! The grape was way way way too much like perfume for me. But that is just me.

I don't think I am smoking them like an analog as far as the draw goes. I have tried drawing slowly and lightly but still very harsh.

I've watched some videos about refilling but those were with blank cartridges not the cartomizers. Actually I did watch how to refill a carto but didn't see anything about cleaning them completely or blowing some of the liquid out in order to add something else.

As far as I know, the VK is a KR808D so I don't think I would have a problem with any of Drews carts. I would also like to try an auto battery but he is out.

Thanks again and any other info would be appreciated.

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
What flavors did you get? 555 is usually overlooked by new people because they have no idea what it is, but it's a really smooth tobacco, slightly nutty, slightly cookie, slightly graham cracker, slightly...um...you might wanna try some ;)

A kr808 cartomizer attached to a battery should be fine in your shirt pocket, cartomizer up. It would REALLY have to overfilled to leak liquid into the battery, which can ruin them.

If you rinse out the cartomizer to change flavors, just pop the mouthpiece off and the little silicone ring with a tiny screwdriver or something. Let it dry VERY thoroughly - a couple days! Put it in front of a small fan to speed the process but I'd avoid using a hair dryer. Then slowly drip along the sides into the filler material, wait a bit to absorb, drip a little more. The filler should be moist, but not wet. If you overfill you'll get a mouthful of liquid. If that happens blow from the battery end into a paper towel and let it sit for a while.

24mg is very reasonable for most people just making the switch, especially a Marlboro Reds smoker. The harshness has more to do with the liquid, the model e-cig, and your vaping style. Try long slow drags.

Most people get a dry or sore throat at first. Should go away fairly quickly. Try sipping on something or sucking on a lemon drop while vaping.

Some people never get used to the kr808. But before you give up try some of Drew's liquids. They're usually much smoother than the stock flavors in the cartomizers.

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
What flavors did you get? 555 is usually overlooked by new people because they have no idea what it is, but it's a really smooth tobacco, slightly nutty, slightly cookie, slightly graham cracker, slightly...um...you might wanna try some ;)

A kr808 cartomizer attached to a battery should be fine in your shirt pocket, cartomizer up. It would REALLY have to overfilled to leak liquid into the battery, which can ruin them.

If you rinse out the cartomizer to change flavors, just pop the mouthpiece off and the little silicone ring with a tiny screwdriver or something. Let it dry VERY thoroughly - a couple days! Put it in front of a small fan to speed the process but I'd avoid using a hair dryer. Then slowly drip along the sides into the filler material, wait a bit to absorb, drip a little more. The filler should be moist, but not wet. If you overfill you'll get a mouthful of liquid. If that happens blow from the battery end into a paper towel and let it sit for a while.

24mg is very reasonable for most people just making the switch, especially a Marlboro Reds smoker. The harshness has more to do with the liquid, the model e-cig, and your vaping style. Try long slow drags.

Most people get a dry or sore throat at first. Should go away fairly quickly. Try sipping on something or sucking on a lemon drop while vaping.

Some people never get used to the kr808. But before you give up try some of Drew's liquids. They're usually much smoother than the stock flavors in the cartomizers.

Thank you as well lotus14 for responding and the advice. It is nice to know that 24 mgs aren't unreasonable to replace what I smoke.

So to rinse out a cartomizer I just run it under hot water after popping off the top and then let it dry? If I want to cut the harshness of the ones I have now, can I withdraw some with a needle and then add some VG or distilled water. Hopefully I can get the tops off. I did see it done in a video.

I am not ready to quit trying yet. I will try some of Drews liquid and hopefully they will not be as harsh. I will give the 555 a try but what is the RY4? At first I thought I wanted to get away from the taste of tobacco but now I am not so sure. I would like to try a couple of the fruit flavors but am a little afraid they will be too per-fumy like the ones I have now. I think I would have liked the pineapple, but that is one I about coughed a lung up with.

alphafemale

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Marshall, Michigan
If you decide to try liquids, look at the flavor and decide if you like it in some other form. Such as root beer float-do you like root beer? If you do, then get this flavor. Grape ape-do you like grape candy? If so, get this flavor. Also, see what the others are saying about how they think the flavor tastes to them. There is a thread (or two) on flavors. This is my method.

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
Hi again alphafemale.
Yeah, I did pick flavors that I generally like. I don't know how to explain how they actually taste to me except per-fumy and harsh. That may sound odd because per-fumy would normally indicate overly sweet and of course harsh is harsh but they were both at the same time. I swear I can still taste and smell that grape I tried yesterday and I love grape.

needvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Treasure Coast Florida =)
Thank you as well lotus14 for responding and the advice. It is nice to know that 24 mgs aren't unreasonable to replace what I smoke.

So to rinse out a cartomizer I just run it under hot water after popping off the top and then let it dry? If I want to cut the harshness of the ones I have now, can I withdraw some with a needle and then add some VG or distilled water. Hopefully I can get the tops off. I did see it done in a video.

I am not ready to quit trying yet. I will try some of Drews liquid and hopefully they will not be as harsh. I will give the 555 a try but what is the RY4? At first I thought I wanted to get away from the taste of tobacco but now I am not so sure. I would like to try a couple of the fruit flavors but am a little afraid they will be too per-fumy like the ones I have now. I think I would have liked the pineapple, but that is one I about coughed a lung up with.

OK first take a Deep breath.. and relax :) We are here to help!
I never did get over the Kr808 hits..or the Kanger liquid inside of them! There are many that do love their throat hit, but I am not one of them.
You can blow out some of the liquid inside of the kr808 cart by carefully removing that white wipe with a dental pic or paperclip.. just keep edging around until it budges off... remove the rubber insert ring and over a paper towel blow a few times and this will get some of that liquid out. You can then drip some VG onto the cart filler. I also suggest after putting insert back in and the mouthpiece back on to drip a drop of VG into the battery end of the cart.. this will penetrate where the heavy material surround the cart.. lwt this sit for a bit to saturate. It helps.
I also will suggest any of Drew's HV juice to add to these carts.. it takes the harshness out immmediately and you will get MORE vapor.

OK if this does NOT work for you which did not for me..as much as I wanted to like the carts I had to refill completely with Drew's Juice which is not anywhere near as harsh as the 808 carts or as many vendors that sell ejuice.. it is made by him and many are 100% usa made. If you refill with a Dekang juice you are gonna end up with same harshness.
Remove the mouthpiece rinse under warm water and blow out till you are dizzy.. do this one more time :D
I did not find neccessary to dry for a few days.. I blew out a few times then put about 10 frops of Drew's juice inside..put back together.. then I dripped about 3 drops of everclear (high proof Vodka) on the the battery ed of the cart.. this will help clean and burn off any flavor remaining. What you wan tto do then is attach to batter and take a few few long strong slow mouth vapes without inhaling and blow out. Then I drip the same flavor that I gilled with onto the battery end..wait about 10 min and vape away!
It is the best to get rid of the harshness and all the dekang fluid.
I am almost finished with a video for this and also the greencig cart. very soon!
Unfortunately Drew is out of these carts that wil work on yours as they are the same.. they are a very very smooth vape with alot less of throat harshness as the kr808. I LOVE them. Drew actually is having them filled with his lung juice! Cant wait till back in!
hope this helps you some! Lori B
PS..I dont know what happened with the autos he had back on site only a few days ago.. I would PM him and ask.

needvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Kent is very very close to tobacco and so is turkish.. they are both a stronger tobacco. RY4 is a sweet caramelly flavor. I often will vape with tobacco's. I would try coffees to steer away from tobacco at first. French vanilla coffee is a good one, if you like rootbeer get black cow.. no perfumy here with Drew.. what is says is what it is! Cherry bomb is great for a fruit to start with. I would deffinitely get some HV from Drew to start!
I didnt stop all together at first.. I vaped in between.. you wont find an exact match to the tobacco but the 2 I stated are very close! You will soon appreciate the other flavors rather than tobacco as you get used to it. One new one is Drewbacco.. it is sooooo good and I cannot put down.. I get a tobacco with maybe a marshmell flavor and I cant put my finer on it but I do LOVE it! Lori B

needvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
coupon code is saveinnj..
you can apply at checkout when you see the prompt for coupon code.
Menthale is just another name for menthol.. no ale in it. My husband likes theNu port and super menthol the best.
555 menthol is a "nuttier" menthol smooth and a tad sweeter with tobacco flavor.
I am not a menthol vapr so you may want to ask in the forus here and post what you are looking for in a menthol.

alphafemale

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Marshall, Michigan
Hi again alphafemale.
Yeah, I did pick flavors that I generally like. I don't know how to explain how they actually taste to me except per-fumy and harsh. That may sound odd because per-fumy would normally indicate overly sweet and of course harsh is harsh but they were both at the same time. I swear I can still taste and smell that grape I tried yesterday and I love grape.

When I first started vaping the plain tobacco KR808 carts tasted like celery to me. Not anymore.

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
OK first take a Deep breath.. and relax :) We are here to help!
I never did get over the Kr808 hits..or the Kanger liquid inside of them! There are many that do love their throat hit, but I am not one of them.
You can blow out some of the liquid inside of the kr808 cart by carefully removing that white wipe with a dental pic or paperclip.. just keep edging around until it budges off... remove the rubber insert ring and over a paper towel blow a few times and this will get some of that liquid out. You can then drip some VG onto the cart filler. I also suggest after putting insert back in and the mouthpiece back on to drip a drop of VG into the battery end of the cart.. this will penetrate where the heavy material surround the cart.. lwt this sit for a bit to saturate. It helps.
I also will suggest any of Drew's HV juice to add to these carts.. it takes the harshness out immmediately and you will get MORE vapor.

OK if this does NOT work for you which did not for me..as much as I wanted to like the carts I had to refill completely with Drew's Juice which is not anywhere near as harsh as the 808 carts or as many vendors that sell ejuice.. it is made by him and many are 100% usa made. If you refill with a Dekang juice you are gonna end up with same harshness.
Remove the mouthpiece rinse under warm water and blow out till you are dizzy.. do this one more time :D
I did not find neccessary to dry for a few days.. I blew out a few times then put about 10 frops of Drew's juice inside..put back together.. then I dripped about 3 drops of everclear (high proof Vodka) on the the battery ed of the cart.. this will help clean and burn off any flavor remaining. What you wan tto do then is attach to batter and take a few few long strong slow mouth vapes without inhaling and blow out. Then I drip the same flavor that I gilled with onto the battery end..wait about 10 min and vape away!
It is the best to get rid of the harshness and all the dekang fluid.
I am almost finished with a video for this and also the greencig cart. very soon!
Unfortunately Drew is out of these carts that wil work on yours as they are the same.. they are a very very smooth vape with alot less of throat harshness as the kr808. I LOVE them. Drew actually is having them filled with his lung juice! Cant wait till back in!
hope this helps you some! Lori B
PS..I dont know what happened with the autos he had back on site only a few days ago.. I would PM him and ask.

Hi needvapor. Now I thank you for your help. I tried to multi-quote you but it didn't work so this might be kind of long and disjointed.

Okay............It sounds like you no longer use a KR808 because it is just too harsh no matter what. Is that correct? I like more vapor but not a harsh throat hit.

What is Kanger and Dekang liquid?

I will try your suggestions as to at least get some use out of the carts I have but I will also place at least a small order with Drew to give those a try. Knowing me I will pop the top out so hard that it will put out an eye. :lol:

You seem to be very fond of the green carts. Is that only because they are not as harsh or are there other reasons?

I look forward to seeing your video and thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread