Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
t's nice to know shelf life as I made the mistake of ordering a LOT of VG at once, 2.5 gallon's worth.
Remember though, those are expressed as, "at least".

I think I've got a total of 8 gallons of VG in my geographically diversified stashes. It's all at room temperature and I'm not particularly worried about it going bad.

IMO, if you are married, you need a "lair"
Tell me about it. We arrived at our cabin this evening and my wife gave me a ration of poop over two 120ml bottles vapable strength unflavored base in "her" freezer. :blink:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Remember though, those are expressed as, "at least".

I think I've got a total of 8 gallons of VG in my geographically diversified stashes. It's all at room temperature and I'm not particularly worried about it going bad.
same here. I did put a gallon each pg/vg in my chest freezer but only because they work more efficiently when full. I am not in the least concerned with keeping the rest of it at room temps no matter how long it takes to use it all

Tell me about it. We arrived at our cabin this evening and my wife gave me a ration of poop over two 120ml bottles vapable strength unflavored base in "her" freezer. :blink:
that is just wrong in so many ways :facepalm:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

I've invaded our kitchen for years with bottles of DIY juice and claimed it as my territory! I keep them against the wall in a little box and they don't take up much room. That's where I wash, recoil, wick, and fill my atomizers. When it's time to DIY my scales are on a small drop cloth on the kitchen counter for an hour or two and my Nic and Flavors are taking up most of that section of the counter. When I'm done I clean it thoroughly and restore her space back to its originally intended use! ;)

Ya gotta have running water to refill, do DIY, and wash out atomizers. My excuse for the kitchen and not a bathroom is that one of the elementary school nephews who visit frequently might accidentally think that ejuice is Listerine and we don't want that, do we? Yes, it's clearly labelled, but it's a golden liquid in a clear glass bottle.

The DIY stuff all gets stored in small plastic tubs up high on top of a tall cabinet in the laundry room when there's no mixing going on.

Last edited:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've invaded our kitchen for years with bottles of DIY juice and claimed it as my territory! I keep them against the wall in a little box and they don't take up much room. That's where I wash, recoil, wick, and fill my atomizers. When it's time to DIY my scales are on a small drop cloth on the kitchen counter for an hour or two and my Nic and Flavors are taking up most of that section of the counter. When I'm done I clean it thoroughly and restore her space back to its originally intended use! ;)

Ya gotta have running water to refill, do DIY, and wash out atomizers. My excuse for the kitchen and not a bathroom is that one of the elementary school nephews who visit frequently might accidentally think that ejuice is Listerine and we don't want that, do we? Yes, it's clearly labelled, but it's a golden liquid in a clear glass bottle.

The DIY stuff all gets stored in small plastic tubs up high on top of a tall cabinet in the laundry room when there's no mixing going on.
Sounds like you and your other half have a very good arrangement. Good for y'all.....

I personally would be concerned about storing some of my DIY stuff high up in my laundry room but then, mine is a small room. I would be doubly concerned if we we're talking about flavorings and such. It gets very warm in mine and since heat rises it is hotter toward the ceiling. Since I don't have room in my fridge for all my flavorings I keep them in a plastic tote and store them on the floor in my closet. Luckily I don't have to worry about little hands getting into them though so can store them wherever.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Sounds like you and your other half have a very good arrangement. Good for y'all.....

I personally would be concerned about storing some of my DIY stuff high up in my laundry room but then, mine is a small room. I would be doubly concerned if we we're talking about flavorings and such. It gets very warm in mine and since heat rises it is hotter toward the ceiling. Since I don't have room in my fridge for all my flavorings I keep them in a plastic tote and store them on the floor in my closet. Luckily I don't have to worry about little hands getting into them though so can store them wherever.

The first floor of our house has 10' ceilings, so not so much heat at the 6' level on the supply cabinet top. Nic goes into the freezer.

You made me think, though. I just shot the basket with my trusty Harbor Freight infrared temp gun. 68 degrees!

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Yes, I store anything unfrozen in my walk in closet (dark, out of the way) and no one is allowed in there but me. If kids come over, all I have to do is lock my bedroom door and not worry.... :)

Anna
Ahhhh, so thats where the "special" items go..... :lol:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The first floor of our house has 10' ceilings, so not so much heat at the 6' level on the supply cabinet top. Nic goes into the freezer.

You made me think, though. I just shot the basket with my trusty Harbor Freight infrared temp gun. 68 degrees!
It is normally fairly cool in my utility room but gets pretty warm in there when the dryer is going. 'specially in the summer. I would be afraid my flavorings would go bad quicker than normal if kept at that warm a temp but they probably are exposed to even higher than that during the hottest part of the summer. I usually don't turn on the air conditioner until the temps hit 95 or more outside. Fortunately we insulated this house really well so it doesn't take much to keep it cool or warm in the winter :D

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Mike I have 6 setups going at the moment, the husband is fully aware of my vaping ah, purchases, I wouldn't really hide them, so there's that. Mostly it's full of my failed projects, a vat of VG, flavors, bottles, and whatnot. Not to mention all my meds, way too many shoes, and outfits.... :D

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Mike I have 6 setups going at the moment, the husband is fully aware of my vaping ah, purchases, I wouldn't really hide them, so there's that. Mostly it's full of my failed projects, a vat of VG, flavors, bottles, and whatnot. Not to mention all my meds, way too many shoes, and outfits.... :D
Yeah, uh-huh...... I hear ya!

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Bless my wife. She does not and has never smoked/vaped.
She encourages me to get this or that new mod/tank/accessory.
She coils and wicks my tanks.
I've got about 30% of our freezer full of 100mg nicotine that she helped me rebottle.
She knows as much about vaping as many on any forums, just by being interested in something important to me and by doing all these things with me.
One small flaw, she hated my switch to by weight, so doesn't mix for me anymore.
I know, poor poor me...

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Bless my wife. She does not and has never smoked/vaped.
She encourages me to get this or that new mod/tank/accessory.
She coils and wicks my tanks.
I've got about 30% of our freezer full of 100mg nicotine that she helped me rebottle.
She knows as much about vaping as many on any forums, just by being interested in something important to me and by doing all these things with me.
One small flaw, she hated my switch to by weight, so doesn't mix for me anymore.
I know, poor poor me...
She sounds like a keeper! :toast:

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I've got about 30% of our freezer full of 100mg nicotine that she helped me rebottle....
A friend had to move so he gave me his old chest freezer.
A week later my neighbor wanted to give his freezer away when he had to move.
I suppose I should have snagged it.
You're sorta local and the drive would have been worth it.
Coulda woulda shoulda reclaimed 30% of your freezer space.
Maybe next time.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I had been thinking about a freezer for fish and forage over flow as I often had to give a lot away due to lack of storage. Need for long term Nic. storage pushed me over the edge and I waited for a sale at Homey Despo and picked up a smallish energy efficient model that is on suppose to cost $52 a year to run.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
A friend had to move so he gave me his old chest freezer.
A week later my neighbor wanted to give his freezer away when he had to move.
I suppose I should have snagged it.
You're sorta local and the drive would have been worth it.
Coulda woulda shoulda reclaimed 30% of your freezer space.
Maybe next time.

For sure, keep me in mind.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
For sure, keep me in mind.
It might still be over there. He left a lot of stuff.
The guy that's doing the clean-up is there almost every week.
I'll ask him if it's still there if I can catch him but it's probably gone.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Nic that’s 8 months old. Never refrigerated or frozen, but always kept out of light. It’s painfully obvious how important it is to keep it cool!
4dfec23c18f0530329a48398e98bb2ca.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread