Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
Here is an example of "AA" Battery Boxes and sizes. I always plan on just a simple pic and then end up enjoying it and going a little further when I see it........ and Sci doesn't help by creating a pretty website with 'em and all. :grr: But.... I know this would've helped me (and have saved me money)... so.... hopefully it helps others.

BatteryBoxescomp.jpg

Stormi.... I knew Connman would be in trouble when he finally tried an e-liquid injected mod! They really do spoil a person. I remember when I was perfectly happy vaping on my nicostick once I found the blue foam cart mod..... then I made the mistake of seeing Tinear's mAhmba Mod and really liking the looks and theory. I wanted to create one just for the heck of it.... not really to use it. But wow...... how sweet it is now that I've learned the truth! No going back. No other mod interests me anymore.

WhatAClumsyGirl, 5cardstud, misterD... thank you! Means a lot. 5cardstud, I not only am giving Connman a little competition... but I may be ruining him on any mod without juice feed!? But that's okay maybe... I think he's modded everything in the house. Now he and I are going to be battling over brass connectors and tubing too!

Got myself a new $5 soldering iron thank goodness! It may hold me over a little better than what I had to use on this 5 volt one until I buy the one Sci linked me to in the other thread. My soldering is not normally that sloppy folks! I was also able to finally stop at the Dollar store and test out their cheapie lighters for brass connectors and tubing. MOTHERLOAD! BINGO! Tubing and brass connectors (double "o" ring even) all for $1!!!!!!!!!! Will post pics when I get them done.... both here and in the other thread. This is the lighter to buy folks!

EDIT TO ADD this link to the other thread for anyone not understanding why I'm talking about a "lighter":

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/81696-my-madvapes-nico-drip-v2-18.html#post1328219

Last edited:

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
Thank you, Hangin1! :)

Here is the Dollar Store Lighter that can be purchased for $1 and... with a little mod of JB Weld.... supply the modder with brass adapters for tubing and the tubing seen in this mod. It, however, does need to be precisely modded to be of any use. Not for someone who doesn't want to take the time to do something right.

lighter-1.jpg

LoL... the name of it reminds me of some forums I used to belong to back on WebTV!

Here is the link to the PhotoBucket lighter how-to:
Lighters pictures by dreams_n_chains - Photobucket

And always be careful dealing with these lighters.... they are extremely dangerous and that is too easy to forget. Butane (flammable) under high pressure. Follow the lighter how-to or risk having the lighter propelled like a bullet!

Brass3-warnings.jpg

Of course.... as always..... the brass connectors are not even necessary.... only tubing could be used.

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
HEY, I resemble that remark!! "Not for someone who doesn't want to take the time to do something right."
Is that what you think of me since I don't care for the brass connectors?? HUMMM...LOL
Just kidding, of course but I thought it was funny!

No! That was not directed at Stormi... :-x ... or anyone in particular. I just would not want to encourage waste and sometimes it seems that people do not want to take the time to do quality work now-a-days. We are an instant gratification society anymore. So.... I don't want anyone to buy the lighters and think they're going to snap them into their mods and viola!

The whole lighter/brass connector thing is not needed.

But...... Stormi got a guilty conscience over sumthin'..... I must investigate this further! :sneaky:

Just kidding.... we are all guilty of it at times anyhow.

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
That would be such an honor, Jiff! And I'd love to see it afterwards. I'll see what I can do to put up some pictures that may help you out in fitting stuff in. We may have to swipe it from Connman and bring the ole "24" in for a pitstop and tear 'er back down to get some better pics!? Since I hardly took any on making it.... we could take plenty on dismantling it!? :sneaky:

LDODoor.jpg

Just remember, it is a mod still in it's testing phase. My only concern really is that the solder joints will hold up. Because the batteries support the PCB.... and the PCB hardly bends even when tested without the batteries and the bottle pressed against it to dispense e-liquid.... it should be fine.

42109.... while I love that round tactile switch..... it really wasn't what I wanted in this mod and I was really trying not to use it. It is wonderful in the Nico-Drip V1 with the smaller 2 "AA" box but I just wasn't sure about it in this. After putting it together, I liked it more. But.... the true test was to see if it's user friendly and if my brother would find it irritating or like it. Well.... seems he liked it without me even remembering to ask about it. He came out of his mod room commenting on how neat the switch was. He can elaborate himself here in a post...... I'm interested to know also if it is in a good spot?.... should it be on the side of the box?.... etc.

jiff

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2009
Arizona
The placement of the switch was about the only thing I intend to change a bit. I don't think I could manage getting it in a corner without looking sloppy, so I'll just slap it into the side of the box. Should be easy enough to bend the legs and wrap wires under where the bottle is to reach the pcb.

Also I'm a little curious of what kind of paint you used on the box. I assume you painted it prior to doing anything to it... This #24 nascar theme idea was nifty to me, if I can convince my girlfriend to paint the box, I will. She doesn't vape, but she's the artistic one not me.

EDIT: Just noticed your pictures of the lighter you get tubing from. Funny, I use the exact same ones from walmart.

Last edited:

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
The paint I use on these is just regular water based Createx airbrush paint. It is not a "plastic" paint, I know, but it is what I already have a lot of (and even ordered more of). It has held up very well once covered in the Rustoleum Crystal Clear Enamel gloss. Some just recently got chipped off from my V1 pearl purple after, what, over two months of use? I have bought a can of the Krylon Fusion for plastics paint to experiment with.... but have not used it yet. Will post the results when I do.

Sci..... a larger avatar pic for the website? Hmmmm...... I don't know.... let me get with the chick I got this one from and I'll let ya know. ;)

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
The paint I use on these is just regular water based Createx airbrush paint. It is not a "plastic" paint, I know, but it is what I already have a lot of (and even ordered more of). It has held up very well once covered in the Rustoleum Crystal Clear Enamel gloss. Some just recently got chipped off from my V1 pearl purple after, what, over two months of use? I have bought a can of the Krylon Fusion for plastics paint to experiment with.... but have not used it yet. Will post the results when I do.

Sci..... a larger avatar pic for the website? Hmmmm...... I don't know.... let me get with the chick I got this one from and I'll let ya know. ;)

Ok, I'm getting ready(& trying to make time) to work on the front side of it & make it respectable. When I get time, I'm going to go back through the other thread & get the comments you've put up & put them on the site like I did with this one.

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA

That Krylon Fusion for plastics works nice Dreamy...I restored a couple old phones and used it. Make sure to scuff the whole thing so the paint can get a bite.

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
Day 3 and I did have a miner flood but as designed it only appeared at the brass ring where the battery connector is. A fast clean off for the paper towel I use to use for every refill of my carts.

There are just a few things I would change on this mod I`ve found so far. One is I seem to be a left handed vapor. And that sweet paint job on the box ends up being upside down. The side facing my hand is correct though.
Now if I use my right hand things like in the picture below happen. I would want the left hand to get the same attention as when using my right. :p

NicoVapeChicks.jpg

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
:lol:....... umm........ I think someone went fantasy PhotoShopping last night while I was at work? Cuz I don't remember seeing.... how shall we say..... mountains like that around these parts of Florida. :glare:

Now he's modding photos....... lord help me.

but...... I do remember him joking with someone about trading a mod for a chick.....nn............ :blink:....... uh-oh........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread