FDA Nicopure vs FDA court filing pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Here is the link to nicopure's court filing stating their claims against the FDA. It's not long to read. Recommended

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ZTITIZTByzfA9kKQw&sig2=xQ86n7WtZkQ3TNcAk2msBQ

"The Deeming Rule’s purported cost-benefit analysis violates the APA because it overstates the Rule’s benefits, fails to quantify the Rule’s benefits, understates the Rule’s tremendous costs, and erroneously concludes that the Rule’s benefits outweigh its costs."

"The Deeming Rule violates the First Amendment by prohibiting manufacturers, including Nicopure, from making truthful and nonmisleading statements regarding vaping devices, e-liquids, and related products."

Isn't there a way to display the document in a scrolling window in the post?

Last edited:

ObjektDefeyed

May 15, 2016
Canada
Me too. After reading the case NicoPure has brought forward it seems to me like the FDA has done the vaping community a huge favour by trying to impose sweeping draconian regulatory legislation on vapers.
If I put a positive spin on the reaction to the FDA's regulations, I would say that it has brought about a massive response of fact finding on health benefit statistics and smoking cessation harm reduction analyses that are being passionately unveiled to the general public by the vaping community.
And these overreaching regulations have done more to promote the wellness potential of Vaping products in less than a month then has happened in a decade.
I use flavours in my milk and coffee's and many other things it would be impossible to try and regulate such products under the tobacco legislation which is what the FDA's mandate is aiming for.
I have seen people and corporations using flavourings in a wide array of foods long before vaping was on the scene that it just won't happen. It seems to me this is more of a shock and aw campaign to quickly and widely educate the general public about vaping. All be it a very underhanded way of doing so.
If NicoPure were to lose this case a hell of a lot more than just the vaping industry would be negatively affected. I really do not see it the FDA's regulation standards becoming the rule of law in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread