Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
In 2017, I moved from Georgia to Southern California. I had 2-3 liters of nic broken down inro cobalt 120ml bottles.
Lots of heat damage from baking in the sun. The nicotine is clear as it was the day I got it. So it sat in high heat but in the dark and no change.
I'm curious how you've determined this when it's in cobalt blue bottles?

Reactions: stols001

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Bump.

Oh well I was going to do a review of CNT nic from nicriver but its now orange from a trip across the US and then back to me. It was only exposed to heat i guess, its in a HPDE bottle with a seal. Only time I have ever received oxidized nic from the US or anywhere. Back to Liquid Barn with my tail between my legs I go for some express delivery nicselect. Must say the service and communication is definitely better at Liquid Barn. They also have CNT but its wholesale only, but it might change in the future they said.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
While not often in the mainstream of nicotine base discussions, Xtreme vaping has had some of the cleanest to be found, though far from bargin bassement in pricing.

Currently they are having a sale with some relatively good pricing...as much as 60% off. 100mg/ml liters for ~$80. Those with gormet leanings might want to check that out.

I don't really know how XV compares to others out there today, but the last I had from there was as good as the first, though that's been a while.

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
Interesting about the heat... I also will only ever get it in VG due to the observations of the chemist on here, as well as my own experiences with ancient room-temp PG (went god-awful) & VG (stayed perfectly fine).

But I do have a couple questions. I plan to try my hand out with some 'smooth' nic salts from Nic River - for my high nic 'wake me the hell up' juices. I already have 100mg VG freebase from Heartland stored in 24 8oz amber safety-glass Boston Rounds in the freezer.

I plan to try out a liter of it at first. But the thing is that it will have to be stored in 16oz amber glass BR's with phenolic polycone caps - at ROOM temp due to not having enough freezer space. So I really hope it will be ok long term like that.

But one of the things I saw somewhere in the US was 250mg Nic (regular & salt). I thought the highest allowed in the US was 100mg??? So is it really possible for me to get 250mg/ml nic then?? That might be nice for storage space reasons, albeit I'd be a little 'iffy' about it at first - but so was I at 100mg at first.. Now I can rub a fair amount on my bare skin & nothing bad happens - very possibly due to it being in VG, for slower absorption. Obviously I would likely have to be much more careful about 250mg.

Whatever the strength (100/250) or type though, I also just ordered a case of 6 one-gallon amber glass jugs & phenolic polycone caps for them... So I could REAAAALLY insulate myself for an upcoming vapocalypse! As if I wasn't already. :D They won't be able to go into a freezer, either. Not sure if I'm going to fill all six 1-gallon jugs with nic just yet - but at least I'll have the capacity for snap buying several gallons if things look more gloomy. Or if things look more upbeat :rolleyes:, then I can probably just end up getting a couple gallons of TFA Vanilla Custard - YUM (SOOO much better than CAP's)! :vapor:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mowgli

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
I think ecf didn't want us discussing more than 100mg, maybe that's what you were thinking. With high mg/ml salts, maybe that will change.

I thought that was just about sourcing 'illegal in your country' nic strengths? I'm only curious if that strength is legit for home buyers, or if that is only for properly licensed business-to-business buyers.

I was just shocked to see it - so I'm wondering what in the world is up with that? :confused:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Forum Rules

35. Nicotine strength
d. There is a limit on public discussion of 200mg (20%) maximum for mixing discussion, recipes and tutorials, and also in the Classifieds. Members may not discuss the use of refills (any liquids) stronger than 200mg.

:)

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I thought that was just about sourcing 'illegal in your country' nic strengths? I'm only curious if that strength is legit for home buyers, or if that is only for properly licensed business-to-business buyers.

I was just shocked to see it - so I'm wondering what in the world is up with that? :confused:

Rule 35: Nicotine Strength
[3] It became obvious that some members joining in discussion of pure nicotine did not have any idea of the danger, or any knowledge of working with hazardous chemicals, or even any basic knowledge of measurements. Pure nic is as dangerous as cyanide - just opening a bottle in a room can result in all present being poisoned. It must be handled in a fume cupboard, with hazmat precautions. Pure nic can be theoretically defined as: Nicotine 100%, 1000mg, 1000mg/ml, but is more likely to be found as 998mg, 997mg/ml or 990 mg (99%). We consider anything over 90% / 900mg to be 'pure nic'. No discussion of use or links to suppliers whatsoever are allowed [4].

There is a very real danger of hospitalization or worse with this material and ECF cannot support any publicity of its use or sources. There is no need to use it since far safer strengths are available for bulk mixing, such as 48mg (4.8% nicotine in PG or VG), 60mg (6%), and 100mg (10%). To protect our members and ourselves we do not allow discussion of or sources for anything over 200mg (20% nic) [4].

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
Pure nic is as dangerous as cyanide - just opening a bottle in a room can result in all present being poisoned. It must be handled in a fume cupboard, with hazmat precautions. Pure nic can be theoretically defined as: Nicotine 100%, 1000mg, 1000mg/ml, but is more likely to be found as 998mg, 997mg/ml or 990 mg (99%). We consider anything over 90% / 900mg to be 'pure nic'. No discussion of use or links to suppliers whatsoever are allowed

Oh yeah - that stuff I would DARE not want to even go near.
There's wanting to save space - and then there's just being plain suicidally stupid. :)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: kas122461

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Interesting about the heat... I also will only ever get it in VG due to the observations of the chemist on here, as well as my own experiences with ancient room-temp PG (went god-awful) & VG (stayed perfectly fine).

But I do have a couple questions. I plan to try my hand out with some 'smooth' nic salts from Nic River - for my high nic 'wake me the hell up' juices. I already have 100mg VG freebase from Heartland stored in 24 8oz amber safety-glass Boston Rounds in the freezer.

I plan to try out a liter of it at first. But the thing is that it will have to be stored in 16oz amber glass BR's with phenolic polycone caps - at ROOM temp due to not having enough freezer space. So I really hope it will be ok long term like that.

But one of the things I saw somewhere in the US was 250mg Nic (regular & salt). I thought the highest allowed in the US was 100mg??? So is it really possible for me to get 250mg/ml nic then?? That might be nice for storage space reasons, albeit I'd be a little 'iffy' about it at first - but so was I at 100mg at first.. Now I can rub a fair amount on my bare skin & nothing bad happens - very possibly due to it being in VG, for slower absorption. Obviously I would likely have to be much more careful about 250mg.

Whatever the strength (100/250) or type though, I also just ordered a case of 6 one-gallon amber glass jugs & phenolic polycone caps for them... So I could REAAAALLY insulate myself for an upcoming vapocalypse! As if I wasn't already. :D They won't be able to go into a freezer, either. Not sure if I'm going to fill all six 1-gallon jugs with nic just yet - but at least I'll have the capacity for snap buying several gallons if things look more gloomy. Or if things look more upbeat :rolleyes:, then I can probably just end up getting a couple gallons of TFA Vanilla Custard - YUM (SOOO much better than CAP's)! :vapor:

At least put the Nic in the refrigerator, if you have no freezer space, or don’t have a friend with some space in a larger freezer. Storing at room temperature won’t give you any long term longevity, and may be a waste of your money in time.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Nic Base Storage: Freezer vs. Room Temp Experiment
Get bigger freezer, a second freezer, or at least keep it in the fridge.

There is nothing I'm aware of in US law that prohibits possession or sale of any strength of nic. However, I believe that even 100 mg/ml is supposed to be declared as some kind of hazmat when shipped these days.

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
At least put the Nic in the refrigerator, if you have no freezer space, or don’t have a friend with some space in a larger freezer. Storing at room temperature won’t give you any long term longevity, and may be a waste of your money in time.

I live in a super-tiny apartment (subsidized elderly & disabled housing) - so it has an equally tiny fridge/freezer. I have a small-ish external freezer, but it's already a game of Tetris to fit food in both. I've started toying with the idea of getting rid of a second two-seater 'couch' - since I never have any visitors anyways - to make room for yet another larger freezer (maybe even a house-size version :)), and 750 total flavorings (1/4/16oz).

I figure these gallon jugs are only for a possible upcoming vapocalypse - so they'll be a last resort anyways, if needed. They'll also be stored in the box they came in, inside a closet. And I'm not really worried about losing a few possible mg. My main concern would be turning out a bad taste

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
And I'm not really worried about losing a few possible mg. My main concern would be turning out a bad taste
Some people like the taste of oxidized nic. I found that I'm not one of them several years ago when I had some left-overs from the blind test that I did in this very thread. They sat in a cupboard for some months before I used them. I vaped it (waste not, want not) but I was really glad when it was all gone and I was able to mix using nic I'd stored in my freezer again.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
I assure you that whatever strength you desire is available.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Okay, here's something new (to me; at least...).

I received an email from Wizard Labs, announcing that they are now offering nicotine salts. I went to their website, to see what they were carrying, and saw this notice:
upload_2018-12-8_17-3-24.png

(emphasis;WL)(source)

This is the first time, I have ever seen any type of nicotine concentrate (freebase. or salt), warning NOT to store below 32℉.

I am hoping, some of the more scientifically-minded readers of this thread, could explain why this might be the case... ?????????:confused:

Is this something applicable to all nic salts, or just WL? Or, is this just an over-cautious "C.Y.A." disclaimer, on the part of WL?

What is the risk? Does the salt "de-protonate" and revert to freebase if the temperature drops too low? Or, does it just outright "ruin" the nic? Can a low enough temperature cause the nic salts to fall out of suspension (separate from the carrier/diluent)? Or, could this be indicative, that they are adding something like water (at high enough percentages) that actual freezing (becoming a solid) becomes a concern?

I'm clueless... :facepalm::D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread