Nitro no fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyro12

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
Pittsburgh
Then I thought...what do you do with a carto that's not wicking how you like? Punch more holes of course...so I put a 3rd hole level with the other two but between them with my trusty carto punch. She vapes like a charm now.

Is this still working well for you? After a long break-in period, I was really happy with my Nitro, but after about 10 days it got a little 'wonky.' This is normal, of course, and with a Fusion it would be time for replacement. I figured that with no filler, maybe the Nitros could be rinsed out and reused. I ran it under hot water for a minute and set it in a glass of really hot water for about five, rinsed it under hot water again, and set it aside to dry.

To my surprise, it behaved like a new Nitro again. Like, pre-break-in new. After a little over two days of use it's starting to get pretty good again. Not really sure what this indicates, but I thought I'd share my experience. We all know Ike will never be completely satisfied with these and will continue to tweak and improve the Nitro line. I figure the more info he has, the better tweaking he can do...

all_in_ashes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
So Cal
Is this still working well for you? After a long break-in period, I was really happy with my Nitro, but after about 10 days it got a little 'wonky.' This is normal, of course, and with a Fusion it would be time for replacement. I figured that with no filler, maybe the Nitros could be rinsed out and reused. I ran it under hot water for a minute and set it in a glass of really hot water for about five, rinsed it under hot water again, and set it aside to dry.

To my surprise, it behaved like a new Nitro again. Like, pre-break-in new. After a little over two days of use it's starting to get pretty good again. Not really sure what this indicates, but I thought I'd share my experience. We all know Ike will never be completely satisfied with these and will continue to tweak and improve the Nitro line. I figure the more info he has, the better tweaking he can do...

Well, yes and no...the vape is fantastic and the wicking is great with the extra hole, but it causes the carto to be prone to gurgling and leaking especially when I get to the last third of the tank. Because of this I don't recommend punching the extra hole. I'm going to try it unmodified with some thinner liquids and see how it fares.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I love the no fills and the dual coils. The no-fill lasted forever until I broke it. It was funny because the bottom and the whole insides came out (my fault) and a thought, I got a pocket full of juice but when I looked the tube and the juice were still there. If I hadn't of broken it I bet it would still be going.

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
I love the no fills and the dual coils. The no-fill lasted forever until I broke it. It was funny because the bottom and the whole insides came out (my fault) and a thought, I got a pocket full of juice but when I looked the tube and the juice were still there. If I hadn't of broken it I bet it would still be going.

I'm now on my second Nitro (fill) 2.5 ohm single coil carto. The first one lasted 2 full weeks vaping 3ml / day. I like them, but for some reason they seem to require more voltage than the 3.0 - 3.2 ohm cartos I use regularly. I seem to get more vapor / flavor out of a 3.2 ohm carto @ 5V than I do with a 2.5 ohm Nitro @ 5.2V (both single coil, same juice). The 2.5 ohm Nitro at 5.2V kills my 18650 battery much quicker, too.

All in all, I am definitely hooked on the batting used in these and they've actually shown me the light when it comes to a flange. I'm very excited about the revived Platinum line (hopefully) coming up in the near future. Long live Ikenvape.

Last edited:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Oh man, your the 2nd report of this happening J5. I had a plan with them fillerless to make them with user replaceable coils but had to test the fittings first by using a press fitted form rather than epoxy. I wanted to use gaskets or threads, but the latter would lead to weak threading because of the materials.
I'm now on my second Nitro (fill) 2.5 ohm single coil carto. The first one lasted 2 full weeks vaping 3ml / day. I like them, but for some reason they seem to require more voltage than the 3.0 - 3.2 ohm cartos I use regularly. I seem to get more vapor / flavor out of a 3.2 ohm carto @ 5V than I do with a 2.5 ohm Nitro @ 5.2V (both single coil, same juice). The 2.5 ohm Nitro at 5.2V kills my 18650 battery much quicker, too.

All in all, I am definitely hooked on the batting used in these and they've actually shown me the light when it comes to a flange. I'm very excited about the revived Platinum line (hopefully) coming up in the near future. Long live Ikenvape.
Thanks! The magic is in the coil used in the Nitro line. Where the naming scheme is to be tied into it. Fast paced and high performance to match that of an RDA. The Platinum betas however are meant to be the Nitro counterpart. The key objective is to save battery life by keeping the current low and the output at max for performance. If I get this loan, then we will be living!

ColoKaren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
United States
One of my first Nitros lasted 4 weeks!!!!!!! I DIY, and that one had banana juice in it; the second one had chocolate DIY, and it lasted for just over 2 weeks... :D I'm going to try a "refry" (that's what I called smoking the .... of a stinkie) Nitro when this one goes.

One thing I've noticed is that my mods and tanks get HOT with these babies. I'm on Provaris with IBTs, between 4.6 and 4.9.

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
First off IUsaac it was my fault this happened but the cool part was I shoved it back together and it still vaped perfectly. The connector on my PV was coming out at a wierd angle and I pushed too hard sideways on the tank is why it come off. Totally my fault.

I fornd I was vaping the fillerless nitros at 7.3 volts but turned it down to 6volts. I like them that hot.

ColoKaren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
United States
I'm pretty sure my tank would explode at 6v... yikes!!

First off IUsaac it was my fault this happened but the cool part was I shoved it back together and it still vaped perfectly. The connector on my PV was coming out at a wierd angle and I pushed too hard sideways on the tank is why it come off. Totally my fault.

I fornd I was vaping the fillerless nitros at 7.3 volts but turned it down to 6volts. I like them that hot.

ColoKaren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
United States
The highest I've gone is 5.5v on my Provari on a Fusion. Given the current political nonsense over vaping, I'm hoping to get these to last as long as possible, so I'm lowering the amount of flavoring and sweetener in my DIY juices, and vaping at as low a voltage as I can. The taste and overall experience has been best at about 5.0v, although I haven't tried any higher... yet... :evil:

I gave a handful of my Nitros away to some nice folks I met at the Renaissance Festival in Colorado a couple weeks ago, so I'm watching the site like a hawk! Paying it forward in your honor, 5C... :)

Mine didn't and while the controller in my PV was messed up I was vaping at 7.3 volts. These no fill Nitros like power.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
The highest I've gone is 5.5v on my Provari on a Fusion. Given the current political nonsense over vaping, I'm hoping to get these to last as long as possible, so I'm lowering the amount of flavoring and sweetener in my DIY juices, and vaping at as low a voltage as I can. The taste and overall experience has been best at about 5.0v, although I haven't tried any higher... yet... :evil:

I gave a handful of my Nitros away to some nice folks I met at the Renaissance Festival in Colorado a couple weeks ago, so I'm watching the site like a hawk! Paying it forward in your honor, 5C... :)

I thank you very much. Might I add I didn't like the way they performed at the first. I have to keep giving it primer puffs every other hit but after you get them broke in they are great so if anyone has a complaint pass my comment along if they have dry hit problems. My last one was around 2 mo. I think and had I not broke it I'm sure it would still be going. Once they're broke in I love them. I use 100% pg and it's a very clean juice too. Again thank you I am honored.

Last edited:

ColoKaren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
United States
I was pretty amazed at the number of vapers at the Ren Fair, most of whom were using Ego-type devices. I think I turned about 20 people onto mods and carto tanks. Four or five folks were using some tanks and cartos from madvapes, and really lit up after trying the Nitro in my IBT. I got those to try my setup (Provari, IBTanked and the Nitro), and these folks were AMAZED, and even liked my DIY juice enough to encourage me to sell it locally (not going to happen)! Good thing I had a pen and biz cards on me, and I really hope these folks follow through. If they were impressed with the flavor of my pizza juice, they're going to be in HEAVEN with their favs. I should have some cards made with the URLS for this site, Provape, IBTanked and Ikenvape. Thanks for being an inspiration, 5c... :D

I thank you very much. Might I add I didn't like the way they performed at the first. I have to keep giving it primer puffs every other hit but after you get them broke in they are great so if anyone has a complaint pass my comment along if they have dry hit problems. My last one was around 2 mo. I think and had I not broke it I'm sure it would still be going. Once they're broke in I love them. I use 100% pg and it's a very clean juice too. Again thank you I am honored.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I was pretty amazed at the number of vapers at the Ren Fair, most of whom were using Ego-type devices. I think I turned about 20 people onto mods and carto tanks. Four or five folks were using some tanks and cartos from madvapes, and really lit up after trying the Nitro in my IBT. I got those to try my setup (Provari, IBTanked and the Nitro), and these folks were AMAZED, and even liked my DIY juice enough to encourage me to sell it locally (not going to happen)! Good thing I had a pen and biz cards on me, and I really hope these folks follow through. If they were impressed with the flavor of my pizza juice, they're going to be in HEAVEN with their favs. I should have some cards made with the URLS for this site, Provape, IBTanked and Ikenvape. Thanks for being an inspiration, 5c... :D
Thank you. Anytime I find great products I try to let people know my thoughts on them. That's great that you're helping the vaping community out there. There are so many not so good products that turn people away.

So after vaping on the 1.8 ohm nitro fillerless for the past two days, I started getting this weird metallic taste. Nasty stuff. Has anyone had this problem?
No I haven't heard that one. I use these and the dual coils most of the time and haven't had it happen to me either. I wonder if you got something in it that wasn't supposed to be there.

Last edited:

JoppaRoadCruiser

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Dallas, TX
No I haven't heard that one. I use these and the dual coils most of the time and haven't had it happen to me either. I wonder if you got something in it that wasn't supposed to be there.

Yeah I'm going to give another one a try. Hopefully it was just a bad one. What are your thoughts on the dual coils? Every dual coil carto I've tried has been awful compared to the single coil ones. Lack of vapor, flavor, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread